EA bundle spyware with BF2042, a worry for warhammer?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
disclaimer.jpg

taken from here;

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=208418

quite worried about this, really dont want my paid for game to be ruined by crappy adverts.

thought the last bit was quite laughable tbh

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, theres another reason why never to buy a EA game ever again...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
From Richard Duffek - EA Mythic:

There are no plans to put advertising in Warhammer Online, Dark Age of Camelot or Ultima Online. EA looks at products on a case by case basis to determine if it is appropriate for advertising to appear in the game.

We realise that they wouldn't make sense in any of our fantasy MMO's.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I would shit on mythic if they put advertising into warhammer.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Whisperess said:
From Richard Duffek - EA Mythic:
well thats quite reassuring.
i still however think this is a very bad road for gaming EA are taking, i am still unsure whether i will skip warhammer out of principle. i try to avoid EA games as it is and this has made me stop buying them totally, whether i make an exception for WAR i dont know :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
"You hit XXXX-XXX for 434 (-123) damage
You have just kileed XXXX-XXX
This death was sponsered by coca-cola"

Moshi

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah or when you are heavily focussed on some fight then there comes a pop-up:

"Enlarge your penis with 2cm each week! Order now! only 9.99 per week! And remember size does matter!"

But all jokes aside I'm sure we will see a MMORPG that will have this in the near future, who needs a monthly fee when companies can make tons with those spam adverts.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
As they said, it would only have adverts if it was in contex with the game, its not so dont worry.

For a MMO with adverts play Anarchy online ( its free btw). In all the main citys theres bill boards with adverts streaming from them... although mostly not for real stuff. I have seen the odd 1 or 2 advertising another game of there comming out, ect.

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Gear said:
...This death was sponsered by coca-cola

Hehehe, better off with having blinking, neon banners in Capitals/Cities: McDonalds, Nokia, Dell, Ati, etcetcetc... :D

That'd be some fantasy roleplaying game :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I could even understand if the game was month fee free (and should be free downloadable also) but if i pay for the game and i pay a monthly fee, they can rot in hell tbh before i'd stand the crap of in game advertise.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
rofl that would be good :worthy:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
The forces of Hibernia have just captured the "Toyota - Nothing's Impossible!" tower.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I see a lot of people saying "I won't buy EA games" etc - and ofc you're free to do as you wish.

I'm just viewing the entire EA thing as "hey, now we might get to actually see some commercials for WAR - unlike Daoc".

I see EA commercials for games on TV quite often - and that's very reassuring for WAR in my opinion. There's a reason why there's many more French and German servers than English ones (across the entire age of Daoc in Europe).

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
If done in theme it could work for instance ...

"The true king has returned to the realms.... how ever adventurers all is not as it seems"

king_fark_original.jpg

Bahumat

FH is my second home
What they will do is change towns like Aegir so the trainers have small signs next to them advertising Coca Cola etc.

Also they will bring out new armour with logo's smothered on them!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I personally dont see the problem, adverts in games reduce the price for the consumer in the long run expecially in MMO's provided they are in sync with the story of the game.
AO is a futuristic game, i dont see the harm in real adverts being displayed on billboards for example, i would go as far as to say it adds to the "atmosphere" provided it isnt too intrusive

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
heres a nice quote from http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

"The IGA itself is fine with me. I enjoy the game, and so what if there are some billboards in it. There are billboards outside. Am I supposed to say "Fuck you, outside world, and your constant stream of advertising! I'm staying indoors... FOREVER!!!"

it made me think anyway.

if all it is are a few billboards u aint gonna notice them anyway. would be abit diffrent if it was popups and shit and they actually collected information about where u surf and stuff, wich they dont.

so i blatantly changed my mind and dont care anymore ;)

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
Gear said:

LMFAO :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom