DZZING! What's that sound?

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
DZZING! DZZZIING!

I'll tell you what that is, it's the sound of my lvl 40 friar rising from 80% to 100% hp when fighting an orange con mob. These heal proccs are way too strong, atleast in PVE.

Has anyone tried them in some real 1 vs 1 fights, any rejuv and piety stats and numbers what you heal up for totally during some fights? If so, please post!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tried my little 20 friar last night.

Due to figure eight now being front positional (much lower end cost than anytime), and heal proccing, even not using the 30 second heal proc buffs, he can kill yellows and finish on full health, whilst using far less endurance than before.

Darzil

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Im my own heal font :>
Wondering if friar's boon is better than figure eight atm.

Galadry

Fledgling Freddie
I am really interested in how all this extra friar healing is going to affect aggro in pve. Especially I am interested in how it will work when I fight with a paladin who will be wanting to retain aggro - and uses heal chant as a major tool to do that. As I have 39 staff, I can pack a reasonable punch (but also having enough rejuve) (which I like for pve).

I am wondering, if you have a friar doing reasonable damage in pve and also with various heal-effects coming off buffs and styles, will there be situations where a guard might be useful from a tank??

Of course the evade is lovely being a friar, especially with those bonuses to evade in pve off items (and even that lovely little bonus rogue champion evade effect), so that helps in defence against an aggroed monster - but I'm going to get a bit fed up if, during normal use of styles, I get aggro most of the time! I really dont want to have to use detaunt style all that much (because the friar styles are lovely, I like the variety, how they look and they have good effects!)

Before this patch had to be careful in certain situations with my styling to avoid getting aggro off others when I shouldnt and, of course, when combined with a font of healing this was made worse (so I only use FoH in certain situations). So it will be interesting to see what happens now!

Rhilith, friar

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
Im my own heal font :>
Wondering if friar's boon is better than figure eight atm.

It probably will be - but he's level 20 !

Darzil

Phalanx

Loyal Freddie
On my lvl 40 friar, Friar's Boon does less damage on average than each of Figure 8 and its followups. Figure 8 + Double Strike eats very little endurance and both procc a heal, Friar's Boon doesn't, and I removed it from my quickbar pretty soon after logging on and trying.

As far as aggro goes, I believe it will build on each target and not on the friar himself, since the amount healed will vary on piety and eventual rejuvenation spec as far as I've understood it, and it will act as a self heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom