DVD writers

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Hi :)

My gf's parents are having trouble with what to get me for chrimbo, so I told the gf to say I'd like a dvd writer and we'll pick one up. Having read about them in the past I'm a little confused about the different +/-/whateverelse formats they can read/write(?) in and don't wanna get the wrong one.

Can anyone give me a quick run through of the basics or even better link me to one ideally at about £65 (or if it has to be £more, a reasonably priced and quality recorder). Wanna be able to backup pc, as well as all the usual uses ;) I'd prefer internal ide. It's to be run alongside a tdk cdrw on winxp. TDK and Sony always seen me good in the past.

tia

Cham

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers Bob. Some friends in irc have also given some advice. It looks like it's the pioneer you mentioned or the NEC ND3500A. Decisions, decisions eh :) Cheers for the media info!

Bob007

Prince Among Men
NEC 3500a would also be a good buy, I would prefer the pioneer "just" over the nec, But with either 1 ya can't go wrong.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Mines a lite on, iirc. It burns + and -. The thing about +/-...I bought a bunch of both...the "-"ses seems to work better in living room players...many modern players dont like +. My old DVD plater does both...but I have to say, I get artefacts on the "+"ses...and the home DVD (viddy cam) authoring on "+"ses is very buggy, ime. DVDXCOPY is also a lil buggy on the "+"ses...could be my living room player playing up tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom