Dutch & SI: The good, the bad and the ugly

G

Graknak

Ok good and bad news for those dutch players out there.
I've spoken to the manager of Dynabyte in "Leeuwarden" and they confirmed that they DO know about a european version.

The good news:
They can and will order it, but......

Now the bad news:
In order for them to start ordering the Euro version they have to sell all the current US version of SI first. They reduced the price significantly to only 10 euro's and got arround 200 left in stock across the Netherlands.

The US package isn't holding much special stuff, 3 booklets and a cd, however the package itself is quite artistic.
In the end its still cheaper then/as much as the delivery cost you have to make for ordering it outside the Netherlands and it takes Dynabyte only about 2-3 days to get it ordered and racked afaik.

So for all those Dutch peeps out there, just buy the US version for 10 euro's and wait for the Eauro version coming soon anyway.
Or you'd have to order it online, which is prob out of stock or hard to get making it a longer delivery time.

N

)nick(

You must be having a laugh right? We have to buy all Dynabyte's US SI stock because they forgot holland is part of europe and not the US.

G

Graknak

Hey like i said, they won't order the euro version until their US stock is sold. Beside can you give me one other shop that even knows about the game and is actually going sell it soon for a reasonable price?
I've asked the following shops and they don't know about the existence of a SI Euro client (or DAoC for that matter):
Free Record shop
Dixons
V&D
Bart Smit
Intertoys
Hotbit

So name me 1 shop in northeren Netherlands that is ging to sell it soon.

O

old.Stang

Lol, its like: You have to buy a Skoda first before you can buy a Mercedes ;)

I have ordered SI from Amazon and its on his way
:p

C

Coren

Originally posted by Graknak

So name me 1 shop in northeren Netherlands that is ging to sell it soon.

Dimension Plus in Groningen. :p

N

)nick(

It's their own incompetence that got them into this, I for sure am not going to help them out. I won't ever be buying anything from dynabyte ever again after this stunt. I bought US SI from them for 45 euros for my US Account on release and now they're selling them for 10 euros just so they can get EU SI in and sell them at 35 euros or more.

There's no chance in hell dynabyte will have it in stock before the weekend so I'd rather wait for dimensionplus.nl or amazon to deliver.

T

tankster

LoL!

just order it from play.com or amazon :)

this is silly :p

M

mcirvine

I hope they fired the saleperson/management
what a lame excuse : we first need to get rid of our US stock which 99% of our customers doesn't need. It's not your fault that someone of them messed the whole thing up.

W

-Wedge-

Friends of mine are probably going to drive to Belgium because we cant find a store near Den Haag that sells the damn game :|

T

tankster

think the costs driving den haag => belgium is more then ordering it from a webby :)

N

)nick(

I'm sure you could fit 30 lanky dutch blokes and a girl in a smart car.

F

FrenzerX

how fast is amazon.co.uk with delevering to The Netherlands?

W

-Wedge-

Uhm, they drive to Antwerpen from Den Haag to watch a movie a week sooner, you think they give a lot about 25-40 euro in fuel-costs? :p

They would bring like 5-6 copies of SI to the NL, thats a whoping 5 euro more per copy...

Hey, its cheaper that way, other then the time invested... (2 hour drive times 2)

Driving to Belgium isnt 'that' expensive (would be less then 40 euro if you didnt drive a car that sucks up 1 liter every 8Km :p )....

O

old.windforce

really Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(especially when you miss their "the creditcard you entered 60 years ago is still he one we try to use" e-mail.....)

so 24-27 februari i should get it

H

HargloweHyfryd

Still waiting for the confirmation-email from Dimensionplus :(

On the other hand: why wait for an email when you can just phone them :)

It's being sent to me today - WOOT!

O

old.Biohazard

Wedge when they go get the copies in Antwerpen get me one too! :p

Z

Ziva

I have phoned "Het Computercollectief" and they said they expected SI this friday. Their website is at www.comcol.nl and they have shops in Amsterdam and Haarlem i believe so u might wanna check them out.

Personally i ordered mine from gameplay.com and i got an email telling me it was shipped so i'll hope to receive it soon.

As for "buying the US versions from Dynabyte" -> ROFL.... U work for them or something??? No way i'm gonna buy US versions from them just because some moron made a very big wrong order.

F

FrenzerX

yay!

Thanks Ziva!

Going to check the shop in Haarlem this friday.

SI here I come! :clap:

G

Graknak

well i've phoned Dimension Plus and was able to order the last 2 dual packs (single ones where already sold). 43 euros each, but then again now i can give a friend a free DAoC game with a free month for his birthday. However i've heard it'll take a while before they have ehm back in stock, about a week so..

K

kilmer

i have a us version of daoc si from dynabyte can i play on a euro
server .

T

Thorarin

No dude, or else people wouldn't be making this thread :rolleyes:

C

Cavex ElSaviour

already have confermation reply and a confermation call ( i called them) from Dimensionplus and i expect it 2moz :D.

W

-Wedge-

Well ComputerCollectief said they would know more in the afternoon... They didnt have it yet...

I'm getting a bit stressy about this, in what kind of country do I live... Grr...

I've heard that Discovery was going to get it too, but I've been to 1 shop which was closed, and 2 others I've called didnt pick up the phone... So they have 'issues' of their own...

If, at 13.00, I cant find a shop that has it, I'm driving to Gent or something like that to get it (dont know any shops in Antwerpen, and gent has 'hetcomputerwinkeltje' which says they have them on stock)...

K

Kalinzir

so that's why they didn't know a thing about the european SI in dynabyte last week. we should nominate them for the "gouden ezel" or something like that;)

W

-Wedge-

I wonder who I can blame for the perfect distribution of SI within the netherlands...

I knew I should have just bought the US version, but noo 'my friends are playing the UK version', blah....

H

HargloweHyfryd

Got my two copies, delivered just now, from Dimensionplus.

Won't have a chance to try anything out untill this evening though.

W

-wabbit-

Non in Leiden

Went to all the small gameshops in Leiden...noone got them so I called Dimensionplus and they were happy to inform me they get shitloads of the game at monday :) so they will send me mine monday and I will get it thuesday I hope :)

H

HargloweHyfryd

And my wife even managed to get SI activated immediately, without any problem :)

So.......I'll be online in about 4,5 hours from now :))

(first trivial things such as work-eat with the kids at my parents'-go home-put the kids in bed-read a story)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom