Durability

B

bredo

I just wanna clear one thing up. Some say the only thing with durability is that when it hits 0 you can no longer repair the item. I've also heard others say that below 50 dur the item may break, and yeat others say that below 50 some of the bonuses may not be applied.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could clear this up for me. And i want facts please, not opinions ;)

A

Arnor

humans need air to breathe, im pretty sure thats a fact. Not much else is...

D

Danya

Originally posted by bredo
I just wanna clear one thing up. Some say the only thing with durability is that when it hits 0 you can no longer repair the item. I've also heard others say that below 50 dur the item may break, and yeat others say that below 50 some of the bonuses may not be applied.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could clear this up for me. And i want facts please, not opinions ;)
Bonuses stop being applied when an item reaches 70% con. Durability doesn't matter till it hits 0, then you can no longer repair.

A

Alkoran

Originally posted by Arnor2
humans need air to breathe, im pretty sure thats a fact. Not much else is...

"Humans need air to breath" is not a fact, humans only require a certain part of the cocktail which is refered to by the name air.
The basic laws of physics and mathematics would be considered facts, there are a great many of them......if you're going to be odd about something do so with a little care.

Anyway back to the topic, what exactly happens when an item reaches 0% durability, is it destroyed, does it just become unusable (can you sell if for anything in this case or salvage it) or does it just mean it can no longer be repaired?

N

Ninth Dimension

jesus, can't you guys just answer the question? do you have to mess about?

if you have a comment relating to the topic, post, if not, stop watsing our time

jezz!!!

I personally would like to know the answer to this, maybe i'll get some AF102 armor, give it to a lvl 1 and see how long it lasts for :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Ninth Dimension
jesus, can't you guys just answer the question? do you have to mess about?

if you have a comment relating to the topic, post, if not, stop watsing our time

jezz!!!

I personally would like to know the answer to this, maybe i'll get some AF102 armor, give it to a lvl 1 and see how long it lasts for :)
Read my post, it was not a joke.

N

Ninth Dimension

Originally posted by Alkoran
Anyway back to the topic, what exactly happens when an item reaches 0% durability, is it destroyed, does it just become unusable (can you sell if for anything in this case or salvage it) or does it just mean it can no longer be repaired?
still unanswered.

N

Ninth Dimension

OK, here is an update to the question, when is the best time to repair an item? let it run down to 71% before repair? or maybe try and keep it above 90% all the time?

D

Danya

still unanswered.
I answered:
Originally posted by Danyan
Durability doesn't matter till it hits 0, then you can no longer repair

OK, here is an update to the question, when is the best time to repair an item? let it run down to 71% before repair? or maybe try and keep it above 90% all the time?
In terms of item degradation it makes no difference. It terms of your equipment working properly keep it over 95% (you loose damage and AF for weapons and armour as it degrades).

D

Driwen

for jewels i dont know how they work. But for armour it depends condition determines the effective armour so for money it would be smart to drop it as low as it can go without breaking and then repair it. However that would mean that you would run with a lower af (and lower stats??) than you would if it is fixed :).
If condition is dropped to low the item will break down and if the durability is at 0 the item cant be repaired so it will break down eventually :).

edit: forgot to answer the quoted question

i myself repair it somewhere in between the 80% and 90% so the effect of the item doesnt drop to low nor do i have to repair it too often :)

N

Ninth Dimension

thanx guys, i'm not moaning at you, i'm moaning at people like ECA and Arnor2.

B

bredo

It doesn't matter when you repair. If you repair at 80 it loses 20dur, if you repair it at 95 it loses 5 dur. However if an item is 95.5 con, which is viewed as 96 for you, you might be unlucky and the game rounds it to 95, and thus you lose 6 dur points when only 5 repaired.

So repairing constantly at 99 is not a good idea as you might often get rounded up and lose 2 points of dur per repair.

I repair it at 95 if i am close to a smith.

S

SoulFly Amarok

the amount of durability lost every repair depends on the items quality also :€

and yea, keep yer items in shape, cos they will not give you full stats it they are like >90% cond ;/

C

chretien

I repair my kit when it drops below 98%. Because the con is applied directly to AF and damage, you owe it to yourself to keep your kit as close to optimal as possible. What's the point in having 99/MP kit if you're going to let it drop to less than 94% con? You may as well buy 94% quality kit dead cheap and keep it at 99 or better con that way. As far as durability loss when repairing goes, if the item is high quality the durability loss isn't 1:1 and the item will start with >100 durability anyway. I have never had a weapon or armour piece drop below about 85% durabilty on me ever through continued repairing.

B

bredo

You guys are wrong, just check it up in the herald or some similar place. The duration loss is always equal to the condition gain in repair, except when the numbers are rounded. On mp (100% qual) items, the durability starts at 130%, so you will not see any dur loss on repairs until you repaired for over 30 points.

C

chretien

Fair enough, I thought I remembered reading that durability loss tailed off with higher quality. Happy to be corrected on that point however my main point about keeping kit at high con still stands.

D

darzil

Well, I haven't yet got to the higher levels, but the armour I've just got rid of (AF80) kept me going from level 36 to level 44 (98%/99% Qual, mainly), I've always kept it repaired if it dropped below 100% Con, and is still all 100% Durability !

P

Pixie.Pebr

Just repaired an item with 79% Condition, 28% Durability, 89% Quality.

100-79=21.
28-21=7.

After repair at an NPC smith the Dur was 0%.
Someone care to explain where the 7% extra Dur went? :p

D

darzil

I've not tested it, but I'd been told that the Dur drops faster if the Con drops further, making it best to repair often to keep things going longer.

This would certainly bear that out.

N

Ninth Dimension

what the deal with repairing items yourself? does this in anyway reduce the DUR lost, or is this just the free way of doing it :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr
Just repaired an item with 79% Condition, 28% Durability, 89% Quality.

100-79=21.
28-21=7.

After repair at an NPC smith the Dur was 0%.
Someone care to explain where the 7% extra Dur went? :p

They are not a 1-1 mapping and you get more condition back per durability point from a higher level item.

P

Pin

what the deal with repairing items yourself? does this in anyway reduce the DUR lost, or is this just the free way of doing it :)

the only difference is it is free to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom