Durability PROBLEM !! Fix it or else !!

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
I just got my first artifact activated (Traldors oracle - and that staff is blue con even, should wear down slower than a yellow con item). Went exping it for about 1 hour, then its condition was down to 99% :(

How are you supposed to replace irreplaceable artifacts, SI quest items when they are worn out? Especially as they wear down so quickly?

Crafted items wear down faster as well now, but they can be replaced, though farm threadmill is making daoc a harder/more boring to play than it used to be.

If you dont adress the durabilitylossproblem, you will have people leaving the game, if not sooner, when their artifacts/SI quest items are worn out.

A taste of your own medicine maybe.

------------------------

I reported this to www.camelotherald.com/feedbackproc.php and I suggest you all do it too, or in a months time we will be sitting with useless artifacts and SI-quest items. Does that sound like something you want??

You can also mail cambugs@darkageofcamelot.com

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
its been all over the us boards for months, have they done anything about it yet?

no

if they did patch it when would we get it?

in about 6 months.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
I just got my first artifact activated (Traldors oracle). Went exping it for about 1 hour, then its condition was down to 99%
I fail to see a problem here, that's about right if you're using it for an hour. Pre-ToA my MP duskwood staff on my chantress used to lose durability at that rate if acting as a PBAEr at fins for example. The only reason it'll be any faster in ToA is because of +cast speed and the fact you'll be casting more nukes than ever before, same goes for +haste and +archery speed.

I've been playing US since ToA release and have noticed no difference in item degradation (except for the bug that happened to some people and caused large durability loss and is now long fixed). Across all my chars, all my items and all my artifacts I'm sure I'd have noticed a change in degradation by now and there most certainly isn't one. My shades of Mist is still 100% durability after having it activated and at level 10 for around 3months now, not only that but I was using it since my Shar ranger was level 47.

The reason Mythic have done nothing about it is because there's nothing to do anything about. If there is it's effecting a very small amount of characters only. Most the VN whines about durability loss are just people jumping on the durability paranoia bandwagon in an attempt to get Mythic to allow artifacts to be replaceable since Mythic stated they wouldn't let them be replaceable. When Mythic announced that, suddenly a lot of people whining about wanting artifacts to be replaceable encountered increased durability loss despite not previously being part of that bandwagon until they found they weren't getting multiple of the same artifacts. Convenient huh.

Heheyougotboned

Fledgling Freddie
reply to Falcon

You missed my crucial point:

How are you supposed to replace irreplaceable artifacts, SI quest items when they are worn out? Especially as they wear down so quickly?

And I wasnt mobbashing with the staff...I only casted spells.

If noone else than me see this as a problem, then we have an even bigger problem.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
SI items are easily replaceable by ToA quest items.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Heheyougotboned said:

If noone else than me see this as a problem, then we have an even bigger problem.
You're biting your own arse here: irreplaceable.... :rolleyes:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Why does the condition of it matter?

Or are you one of them crazy tanking-casters

The condition of the staff only affects the DPS

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Heheyougotboned said:

How are you supposed to replace irreplaceable artifacts

you just wtfpwnd your self m8!!1

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Heheyougotboned said:

casting spells wears down your staff - ask any necro ;)

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
Why does the condition of it matter?

Or are you one of them crazy tanking-casters

The condition of the staff only affects the DPS
Condition for a caster means more (or less) power usage on spells... Has been tested a couple of times... So no, for a caster, condition doesnt affect dps but power...

My Traldor was at 97% when it dinged 10... I have a cloudsong cloak which is near level 4 at 99% so I'm roughly guessing it'll be at 10 at around 97% too...

The problem starts to arrise if the actual duration begins to drop on the artifacts, and I think us 'europeans' will complain about that in about a month...

Imho, once you no longer have the quest item in your inventory, you should be able to redo the quest... Perhaps not the ones with items that can be sold/traded... But definitly with items that cant be sold / traded... Like artifacts...

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
It is only a problem if you are the sort of person that is going to lie awake at night sweating over the possibility of having to use something that doesn't perfectly fit the template because your old one broke.

Use it wisely and it will still be there in Feb 2005 when the next set of even more uber items is available for just 19.99 from Game or Amazon.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Flimgoblin said:
casting spells wears down your staff - ask any necro ;)

I can atest to that, 5 16.5Dps 99% staffs later my 6th is down to 15% dur ....

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
This is just mythics crappy design once again.. IMHO artifacts shouldn't degrade at all. This could be easily fixed with a cool "hot-fix" too but i guess they're only using those for more important issues such as mw nerf :rolleyes:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
belt of moon 94% at lvl10.... lol
egg about 98% at lvl2
this is stupid and artifact degradtion rates are stupidly fast.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Tay said:
I can atest to that, 5 16.5Dps 99% staffs later my 6th is down to 15% dur ....

If I buy you a staff, will you PL me? ;P

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Magmatic said:
Condition for a caster means more (or less) power usage on spells... Has been tested a couple of times... So no, for a caster, condition doesnt affect dps but power...

It does affect the focus on your staff, so if you would have lvl 50 focus when your staff is at 100% condition, your focus would be reduced to lets say lvl 45 when the staff is at 90% condition (I'm not exactly sure about the numbers but this is what con. of a staff affects for a caster)

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
A system where you could buy back Dur on artifacts would be nice, say 10G/point.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry but I really have to ask what you mean by 'or else' before I emotionally invest myself in this post. :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
sibanac said:
A system where you could buy back Dur on artifacts would be nice, say 10G/point.

erm that would put crafters out of business cause you would never need new stuff

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
erm that would put crafters out of business cause you would never need new stuff

Artifacts come from crafters? So that explains what i've been doing wrong. All this time i've been trying to farm them from mobs. How silly of me ;)

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
ppl only run around with 3 maybe 4 artifacts tops, belts cloacks etc cant be crafted anyway.
You would still need to replace the crafted gear you have.
This wouldnt effect crafters to much

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:
Artifacts come from crafters? So that explains what i've been doing wrong. All this time i've been trying to farm them from mobs. How silly of me ;)

The alternative would be to allow people to redo encounters and quests when durability hits 0. Would mean releveling them, but for most people they would get more than a year's use out of the objects.

In the us at least people are reaching the point where their beading resisting stones (or alb/hib) equivilent are reaching uselessness and that's pissing a few off as they are the mainstay of 99.9 percent of all templates.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Knowing Mythic they'll put in some kind of drop... obviously to do this they'd need to add a new zone... and they'd have to populate the zone with... lets say mobs ranging between lvl500 and lvl60,000,000... and ofcourse you need the mob its drops off... whats say we make him... A Thane... with a whip... and a pointy hat... and of course, after you'd done that you'd need to place the zone in some rediculously hard place to get too... say the Dragons Lair... and of course, we can't just let anyone in, there'd be camping problems - so limit it to 2 people allowed in at a time... and while thats happening the people in the queue can farm the dragon for respec stones...

...OH! and then we'll add a bug which makes them drop from wildings ;)

All in all your looking at around 5hrs of rehashing existing code, and 6 months to try and fix the wilding bug.

xrn

Fledgling Freddie
Ever thought about not using your artifacts when they don't gain XP?

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
belt of moon 94% at lvl10.... lol
egg about 98% at lvl2

You are doing something wrong, like wearing it during the day?

Belt of the Sun lost 2% at lvl 10 on a char that gets wacked alot. However, I was very careful never to wear it when it didn't gain xp and now only wear it for 15 minutes after logging on to summon a weapon.

Harpy Feather Cloak lost 6% at lvl 10. Again, only wore it in combat when fighting Dao, Jinni etc.

Can't see either item breaking before the next PvE expansion.

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with the above poster, my traldor is at 98% at level 7 and my bom at 99% at level 4. You are doing something wrong with bom, like wearing it while pve'ing in daylight.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Heaven forbid that you might have to re-work your template for your character in 12+ months when something breaks.
Heaven forbid that you might not be able to cap a resist due to not having your 'irreplacable' 80 utility necklace.
Heaven forbid that you might have to experience more than 2% of the game's content.

The degradation in this game has always been far too slow for my taste - almost never having to replace anything, and everything easily replaceable. 50-100 days /played in RvR to wear out a set of 100qua gear is a huge amount of time and the only things that get replaced faster than that are caster staves.
1 crafted set on my Reaver since hitting 50 10 months ago. now RR8 and it's at ~60dur as are the 'irreplaceable' (a better word here would be 'obsolete') items that go with it, it's now a PvE suit while I farm for new suits.

Things don't wear out fast enough to worry about, and there's plenty of other things to replace them with when they do.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Skilgannon said:
You are doing something wrong, like wearing it during the day?
Belt of the Sun lost 2% at lvl 10 on a char that gets wacked alot.
I think what he is doing wrong is solo exping in melee with a rejuv cleric - taking a lot of hits and soaking up the damage with a heal field.
But your belt won't take much damage, because it's your shield that's getting whacked a lot while exping - not you.

Sixpack

Fledgling Freddie
Decay? ROFL they arent doing sheat! Got answer from RightNow.

Please read on

Atm my MP suit and nice items are at 70% con and 0% dur. So totally ruined. All this in 3 weeks, since toa went live.
Only thing that seems to degrade normal is my staff.

So I asked RightNow the following:

-------------------

Customer (xxxxx) 03/09/2004 03:11 PM
Atm ive been playing since ToA 25/2 which is roughly 2 weeks by now.

I understand that items degrade rate was made faster. However it seems like the necro itself has gotten the degrade rate much higher then intended.

Now...

My suit is a MP, I wear all the nice quested items from SI etc etc.

In 2 weeks ALL parts except my staff have LESS then 64% Dur. My staff seems to have a normal decay rate. Kinda frustrating!

Come on. That is surely a bug. Get it fixed please!

Oh and how do I get some kind of refund for this bug? The bug totally ruined all my items and MPs arent free.

Groma

----------------------

Updated question with :

---------------------

I would like to share your answer with the community as fast as possible. If you have a fix date or something else that might stop some of the moaning, I would like to know that too.

Thanks!

---------------------

I got following answer and noticed my question in RightNow was deleted as I got the mail.

---------------------

Subject
Armor degrade rate!?

Discussion Thread
Response (CS) 03/09/2004 03:46 PM
Greetings,

There are currently no known issue with degrade rate. I will check more into this however and if I find any problem, we will announce it in the news. Keep an eye on www.camelot-europe.com in the coming days or weeks.

---------------------

I also tried to PM Kemor. Apparently he cba to answer.

I mean WTF!! they think we are that stupid?

Six

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
That is a nice reply you got. If that is the actual message you send to rightnow, including "atm" "etc etc" "kinda frustrating" and "fix it please!", I would have send u back a reply saying "rofl m8s stfu we ch3ck it kk? bb"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom