Duping in DAoC, cough...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Yesterday I transfered 3 Idols of Sobek from my Armsman to my Sorc, cause I was going to do the encounter with the Sorc. It was late at night and I logged the Armsman off. Some time later I logged him back in to move him to housing and I realized that I still have 3 Idols of Sobek on the Armsman. I thought I missed to trade them over as I was farming, trading and buying them all night and I've just put them into my house vault and go to bed.

Today I logged in and I still had the same 3 idols in the backpack of my Armsman. I checked the house vault, still there. I've put the 3 idols again in the housevault and logged off to check wtf is going on. After loging back in, the 3 idols were finally gone, but I have now 6 of them in the vault.

So 3 idols got duplicated twice today in the morning, with a simple trade while the server was so fucking laggy and desynchronized.

Care to elaborate GoA? And what do you want me to do? Destory the 6 duplicated idols or what?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
report it, accidental or not duping can spoil games entirely. Ultima online had a few duping bugs and it utterly ruined the gaming economy due to the unbelievable amount of gold that was released into the game via cheats.

I know it wasn't intentional but please send it in to Rightnow mate.

Dorimor1

Banned
I remember when housing came out, there was a bug where you could duplicated weapons if you put them on your wall iirc. People would do these with sidi weps and make a lot of money, that got insta banned afaik so you better report it to goa.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
used to be gold duping bugs in housing too, was all about the lag caused in the zone :(

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Something similair happened on avalon. I bought an immo ring for 5p(I know....) and had gov 1/3 and 2/3, Jinx gave me then on his druid and he crash, he log in and he has all 3 items, and so do I on my eld.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Care to elaborate GoA? And what do you want me to do? Destory the 6 duplicated idols or what?

When will people realise that FH isn't Rightnow :<

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Shanaia said:
When will people realise that FH isn't Rightnow :<

I stopped RightNowing.

"Working as intended", "can't help you". And some of the GMs are actually reading FH and I refered one of them to this thread.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I stopped RightNowing.

"Working as intended", "can't help you". And some of the GMs are actually reading FH and I refered one of them to this thread.

You do realise that the same GM's that would read and reply here also reply to Rightnows?

hmmz

CuddleBunny!

Banned
think that when they reply for rightnow, they got a list of answears they can give;
We are sorry for the inconveniece(sp?)
Sorry your scammed items can't be returned.
Not enough proof that the person running by you in combat at mach 10 on fraps is speedhacking
Sorry, mythic made lameass politics we can't do shit for you except give you hope when you get screwed ingame!

but on FH afik they can' post what they REALLY mean.. like: i can press a button and all your scammed items gets turned back but mythic sux :<

hmmm.. i dont make any sense :( NN

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Shanaia said:
You do realise that the same GM's that would read and reply here also reply to Rightnows?

hmmz

At least I know who it is, not the ominous "community manager".

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
At least I know who it is, not the ominous "community manager".

Oh yeah sorry allknowing Manisch .. you obviously know a lot more about all this stuff then me...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
its been like this for ever iirc.. i've tried it myself. just by loosing items =/

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i think you should never have posted this here mate, now all the l337 kiddies who have no scruples will know about it and all sit there duping all day long, this is what rightnow is for, you may get a generic message but don't believe they aren't doing anything about it, they take such things as duping very seriously and will crack down on people doing it as soon as they hear about it.

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
At least you got the better trade off there. About 2 weeks ago I was crafting on an alt in housing when the game lagged and finally dropped me from game. When I finally could log back in all my crafting stuff was gone!

Thankfully was at the end of the crafting session, so lost only few bits of meterials etc, oh and my crafting tools lol :touch:

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Ashash Saleem said:
Personally i think you should never have posted this here mate, now all the l337 kiddies who have no scruples will know about it and all sit there duping all day long, this is what rightnow is for, you may get a generic message but don't believe they aren't doing anything about it, they take such things as duping very seriously and will crack down on people doing it as soon as they hear about it.

Hey Ashash!

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok... Ive just had the same thing happen to me!
Logged on my Scout and i see i have 2 Cylopian Necklesses for some reason? or whatever they are called!
Im not complaining as i can sell 1 if needed but its still wierd, it needs to be looked into!
They r both exactly the same ie. both on 94% con etc.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Eva said:
Something similair happened on avalon. I bought an immo ring for 5p(I know....) and had gov 1/3 and 2/3, Jinx gave me then on his druid and he crash, he log in and he has all 3 items, and so do I on my eld.
I need an Immolated Ring on Avalon, Xith, give! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom