Dungeon Instances.

Ok seriously, whoever designed most these pieces of shit really needs to be shot. I've been playing around in almost every instance i can do, on almost every realm, and i always find a instance that is just pathetically hard to do solo/duo.

For example, <insert one of mithra instances here> has a boss that splits up into 4 mobs, i mean, it's hard enough to do the instance with just the one mob as the boss, but 4? wtf!? :E Do they expect you do have opted fg's just to do these instances to get a bit armor etc? Not like theres ever groups in Mithra now a days anyway :eek:. Another one is the boss of one of Tepok's Mine's instances. A red mob (when solo) with perma moc, constantly nukes the crap out of you while you're fighting and very high melee damage. Last one is 'Rise of the Spraggons' in Spraggon Den. Mobs that hit like trucks all the way to the end, then you get there, a oj/red mobs with uninteruptable casting, dots, dd, stuns etc. His melee was hitting for about as much/maybe more than my melee rangers. THEN, he splits into 4, hooray! that just made it a load easier! -.- As you guessed, i died :x

So, anyone else found any retarded instances through their travels, and should the designers be shot? Discuss :p

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
the idea bout the instances is that they have bosses that are "special"... its just something youre not supposed to solo.. thats why it says "level adjusted for 4 lvl xxx" when you get into it...

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
My buffbotted fully toa'd enchanter / ml3 perfector friar / or sc'ed vampiir could do the instances without much hassle :(

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
afaik they intended the task dungeons to be for small grps/soloers whereas the instances were supposed to be for 4 man grps and above

Zrall said:
afaik they intended the task dungeons to be for small grps/soloers whereas the instances were supposed to be for 4 man grps and above

Yeh i heard that aswell, but you try get a group, no one's interested. Also since these are the only places to get aurulite for armor etc, i find it a bit daft >.<

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Yip some of the bosses are a bit 'special' but if they were too easy we would be complaining too. If you go in there solo then you're there for the aurulite anyway, as tasks are better to solo for xp.

That said even tasks dungeons have easy and hard ones. For example Hibernia has task dungeons that are filled with siabras. omg wtf pwn etc :( Albion has that with undead knights, and I can't talk about Midgard I haven't tried the task dungeons in there.

Whats really nice btw are the guards with white winged bows that give out 'task-quests'. The combat quests give as much xp at a certain level as the (usually) piss easy UF quests. Like 1.1 billion at lvl 47 or so. Hmm maybe that's only in the US. Oh well we'll get it here too someday :)

Gribz0r said:
Yip some of the bosses are a bit 'special' but if they were too easy we would be complaining too. If you go in there solo then you're there for the aurulite anyway, as tasks are better to solo for xp.

That said even tasks dungeons have easy and hard ones. For example Hibernia has task dungeons that are filled with siabras. omg wtf pwn etc :( Albion has that with undead knights, and I can't talk about Midgard I haven't tried the task dungeons in there.

Whats really nice btw are the guards with white winged bows that give out 'task-quests'. The combat quests give as much xp at a certain level as the (usually) piss easy UF quests. Like 1.1 billion at lvl 47 or so. Hmm maybe that's only in the US. Oh well we'll get it here too someday :)

I never complain about easy things. ;)

Just tried an task dungeon with them siabras, gave up after the first mob :p and im 99% sure them tasks exist on europe aswell, as i've done them on a good few chars ^^

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Well you don't HAVE to kill the boss. It doesn't give that much and you have to wait 5 minutes to redo it anyways. Anyways, all of the bosses are doable with the intended group of 4, most are even doable with less.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
only good instance i have found is the coruse mine one...the first. not the one down near the abys.

could solo it. but i have only solod it whit my warden and vamp.....

whit a vamp i can do the howl instance in a hour or so and the final boss isnt that hard. just the 3 box piss me off that you have to tkae out first. make a about 1k auru per dungeon

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
lucky for wardens and vamps with perma buffs :p all my rangers got is 7 pathfinding :mad:

yeah, whit a ranger it can be hard. but at the start of the corus one there are blue mobs. so you can do those. the stuff that the boss drops isnt worth it.

Kaun_IA said:
yeah, whit a ranger it can be hard. but at the start of the corus one there are blue mobs. so you can do those. the stuff that the boss drops isnt worth it.

well i reckon Corus instances will prob be a bit too hard atm, being level 32 and all :p and even if the drops ain't too good, at least ill have something to clothe by bot with :p most the times ive tried doing the instance solo, didn't work to well, then i go with bot and the same happens :(

oh yeh and bots 31 :p

Woogy

Fledgling Freddie
well ive had some bones to pick with instances. main one being the instance in TC "rise of the ancients". that boss is sooooooooooo damn hard. he weak i grant you that and he can't move but.....he got 3 yellow con servents which root and dd you and the boss itself got a nice 3dd insta cast damage set hitting for around 300-400 dmg per time and at lvl 36-40 that is a pain.

but anyway rant over back to everyone else

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
some of the 'long' range instances suck, they will put a mob just over the top of a hill so you can only get 2 casts off if your lucky :(

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Woogy said:
well ive had some bones to pick with instances. main one being the instance in TC "rise of the ancients". that boss is sooooooooooo damn hard. he weak i grant you that and he can't move but.....he got 3 yellow con servents which root and dd you and the boss itself got a nice 3dd insta cast damage set hitting for around 300-400 dmg per time and at lvl 36-40 that is a pain.

but anyway rant over back to everyone else

You can kill the servant's first before engaging the boss. (pull them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom