Advice Dulux Paint Pod

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone got any experience of these? I've got to go back to London next weekend and redecorate my missus' 2-bedroom flat before we get new tenants in, and I'm interested in trying a PaintPod out if it actually helps speed up the process. If its just a fancy paintbrush but doesn't gain me any time I'll use regular emulsion. Anyone in the Bickley area wants to give me a hand...;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I looked into using the system when I helped with a house last year but I was told that it doesn't speed you up any and it's a bitch to clean properly. It's not as "self cleaning" as they would have you believe, apparently.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Stick to a brush and roller, all these 'gadgets' are a fad and a waste of time and money

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Point is moot, estate agents have just called to say someone wants to move in immediately and are happy to decorate themselves, which is a result, place was only back on the market for a day.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Buy them a paint pod as a moving in present

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I've used those foam pads they advertise on shopping channels, they work as i says on the tin, great for straight edges, twice as fast as paint brush imo

soze

I am a FH squatter
I got a paint pod for painting my old flat last year first run was a bit ropey, second run it was great. I had 4 rooms and a hall to paint all the same colour (neutral BS). You drop the paint in and have someone edge in front of you and you can paint evenly until you run out of paint. It really is as easy as pulling a trigger and rolling, as long as you don't go to fast it works well. I would say for painting one room the thing is a bit pricey though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Buy them some shoes. Then pretend to like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom