Duels

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Originaly Posted from Mythic: Reminder of the ban on recurring duels in the frontiers
Since this rule doesn't seem to be known to everybody, we remind you that organising duels is considered as a cheat, and is consequently forbidden. Players from opposing realms sometimes meet somewhere in the frontiers to kill each other, one after the other, and allow themselves to be resurrected by an accomplice in order to gain realm points easily. This experience should only be gained when opponents defend themselves in real fights, and players who use this means, as well as those who let themselves die, are severely punished - this can go beyond the reinitializing of realm points. Of course, it is entirely wrong to complain about being attacked by players who stumble upon these duels by mistake and ask them not to disturb the process…

Someone call Censi :twak:

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
hmm tbh when I played thid alot in past all I mainly did was see someone I knew and /bow they would /bow back and we would 'duel' now are they trying to say that this is wrong? Or are the trying to say that organised duels are wrong when using IRC programs ect to ogranise them. Yes ive read the article and I understand its says ORGANISED but the question still stands from my pov.

Nate

FH is my second home
thats a mythic coc, while we play on goa servers..little different wording here i guess though i haven't looked at it in a while.. if you wanna send an appeal to mythic about how censi is playing then i'm sure they'll tell you to contact goa. I really don't get why some people include Mythic CoC/Customer Servicies in posts or try to relate it to these servers, don't you know where your money is going? Well let me inform you...it's not Mythic.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
thats a mythic coc, while we play on goa servers..little diferent wording here i guess though i haven't looked at it in a while..

Check out the Friday news. Same thing with goa.

Edit:

Actually the quote posted above is from the Goa friday news and not from mythic.

Nate

FH is my second home
damn ;( now i look teh silly but at least he still looks silly IT'S NOT MYTHIC RAAR!!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
duels with rezbots has always been... bad :) nothing new there tbh

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
think they meant those ppl who make arrangements on irc etc and then meet in a predefined place to fight.... yes thats against the rules...

but if u meet a person in a random place and then /bow and he does /bow.... and you fight, its not against the rules :p

allso.... thing the mostly meant ppl who farm other chars... i mean those who have rezbots whit them and the kill eachother for rps.

its not bad on english server tbh... dont see it much

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
thats a mythic coc, while we play on goa servers..little different wording here i guess though i haven't looked at it in a while.. if you wanna send an appeal to mythic about how censi is playing then i'm sure they'll tell you to contact goa. I really don't get why some people include Mythic CoC/Customer Servicies in posts or try to relate it to these servers, don't you know where your money is going? Well let me inform you...it's not Mythic.

thast friday news quote on goa site.... so it applys on EU servers

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's the usual statement they already told us months ago when i set up the "Solo Zone". Roam a zone and act like usual = good, setting a meeting point and bringing rezbots = ban.
Nothing new imo.

Nate

FH is my second home
Kaun_IA said:
thast friday news quote on goa site.... so it applys on EU servers

someone said that already ;o

does this mean horner can get banned because he resses with his di bot?

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Nate said:
someone said that already ;o

does this mean horner can get banned because he resses with his di bot?
Not before he starts to arrange duels on IRC :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mckennitt said:
Someone call Censi :twak:

Mythic dont run the game here GoA do

Rightnow said:
Question: Are duels authorized?

Answer:
Many players have been wondering what was the official stance of the event team regarding duels. In order to answer this question, we need to clarify what is hiding behind this simple word; duel.

- The unexpected duel, one versus one, leading to the death of the escape of one of the two fighters.
- The organised duels with “healer” classes, able to bring back to life slain players.

In the first case, it is an honourable (or not so honourable) duel, with which we have no problem as long as it is unplanned and exceptional.

In the second case however, we face an alteration of the game, allowing players to do what we call organised duels and sparing the healing classes. For such situations, we will not take direct sanctions against the players even if it is an alteration of the Gameplay. However, do not be surprised if your whole party is slaughtered by wandering guards, friendly jousts have no place when there is realm war going on!

Note that in any case the practice of 'farming realm points' by attacking another character controlled by you or by a friend who is not fighting back in order to easily gain realm points without risk is considered to be cheating and sanctions will be taken against all accounts involved.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
i said that already alantears! give me a rep!!

Nah I only give rep for worthwhile posts...how about a warning for rep farming instead ?

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
So both statements posted in this thread come from GOA and they contradict each other.

One says duels are illegal and you be punished. The other says duels whilst not being in the spirit of the game won't get punished.

Which is it?

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Gibbo said:
So both statements posted in this thread come from GOA and they contradict each other.

One says duels are illegal and you be punished. The other says duels whilst not being in the spirit of the game won't get punished.

Which is it?

run into a duel yelling FOR THE REALM and your fine thats keeping the "Spirit" of the game

Nate

FH is my second home
Alan said:
Nah I only give rep for worthwhile posts...how about a warning for rep farming instead ?
well aren't we grumpy today ;o i guess i won't bother to write worthless posts..like informing people where there money is going/what coc we follow again, like yours huh :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
why someone call censi?

I dont think its right to orangise duels like that. And tbh if I see buffbots and people ressing and waiting for another fight ill prolly try and grease the buffbot.

but then again, I dont think like if its a case of a few people meeting up to have some fights where they wont get blasted down its hardly a crime. not like i havent done it. never really intentionallly but like u sometimes see a circle of people standing around and watching fights and stuff peeps just cba to omg killkilklilklilklilklilklilklilkli etc... u just dont get the inclination to do it, so u like pick an opponent destealth give him a /bow and have a fight etc. If that means u get your RP reset or banned or whatever then fine. we go play another game. but I think mythic and goa are very sensible about what they ban people on in this remit.

What i dont like really is the state of the game now, where FG rvr is gone. and keep taking and siege is pretty dead. so 99% of the time is bleed crauch beno. I hate this scenario. It basically means u choose between sitting on your own doorstep getting no fights, or going to enemy realm to insta die.

I mean the game designers dont have to be like mega albert einsteins and go and do something radical. But it doesnt take a genious to realise that theres a problem with RVR in daoc.

fights in daoc are great, theres so much variety so many classes, a lot of "potential" fun to be had. but all this potential fun is gone because of the RVR geograhy. its almost like they dont want people to enjoy to game or they dont want any sort of competative RVR, just meaningless RVR. Its getting too hard to unlock the fun from daoc rvr. Its always been a frustrating game where like u get some kills and u get a lot of adds. but like nowadays if u solo its not really uncommen to loggin and have 10-20 runs getting insta add pwned and not 1 solo fight. U can love the game passionately but at the end of the day, u aint gonna carry on playing it if thats ALL there is. I think as a visual sometimes the only option is for players to get away from the zerg areas to have a few fights etc.

note this wont keep peeps amused for long. if they dont make some changes to promote quality of RVR in daoc the game will prolly be dead within 6 months.

Nate

FH is my second home
censi said:
why someone call censi?

I dont think its right to orangise duels like that. And tbh if I see buffbots and people ressing and waiting for another fight ill prolly try and grease the buffbot.

but then again, I dont think like if its a case of a few people meeting up to have some fights where they wont get blasted down its hardly a crime. not like i havent done it. never really intentionallly but like u sometimes see a circle of people standing around and watching fights and stuff peeps just cba to omg killkilklilklilklilklilklilklilkli etc... u just dont get the inclination to do it, so u like pick an opponent destealth give him a /bow and have a fight etc. If that means u get your RP reset or banned or whatever then fine. we go play another game. but I think mythic and goa are very sensible about what they ban people on in this remit.

What i dont like really is the state of the game now, where FG rvr is gone. and keep taking and siege is pretty dead. so 99% of the time is bleed crauch beno. I hate this scenario. It basically means u choose between sitting on your own doorstep getting no fights, or going to enemy realm to insta die.

I mean the game designers dont have to be like mega albert einsteins and go and do something radical. But it doesnt take a genious to realise that theres a problem with RVR in daoc.

fights in daoc are great, theres so much variety so many classes, a lot of "potential" fun to be had. but all this potential fun is gone because of the RVR geograhy. its almost like they dont want people to enjoy to game or they dont want any sort of competative RVR, just meaningless RVR. Its getting too hard to unlock the fun from daoc rvr. Its always been a frustrating game where like u get some kills and u get a lot of adds. but like nowadays if u solo its not really uncommen to loggin and have 10-20 runs getting insta add pwned and not 1 solo fight. U can love the game passionately but at the end of the day, u aint gonna carry on playing it if thats ALL there is. I think as a visual sometimes the only option is for players to get away from the zerg areas to have a few fights etc.

note this wont keep peeps amused for long. if they dont make some changes to promote quality of RVR in daoc the game will prolly be dead within 6 months.

nice post imo censiolo! i wonder if this LoTM is going to make RvR a quicker thing instead of the slow mundane part of the game it is atm, i think with the expansion they should maybe bring out some faster ways to switch around relics/keeps, and maybe increase the rp/exp/cl exp stuff in certain areas to keep the action going and randomness of zones

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
The real point of those rules is to prevent blatant rp farming. Arranged duels have nothing to do with that - it's staged fights with the intention of having fun. Ressing the losers rather than having people boat/run back out removes downtime and increases the fun level. I see no problem with that what so ever. Does it mean people earn more rps in a night than they would without getting systematically ressed? Sure. But so fkin what.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Censi said: why someone call censi?

I thought u were the Overlord here? :drink:

Wasnt something for you :fluffle: but rather for the community which obviously most missed it so ill write it again in bold letters.

Mck said: Originaly Posted from Mythic: Reminder of the ban on recurring duels in the frontiers
Since this rule doesn't seem to be known to everybody, we remind you that organising duels is considered as a cheat, and is consequently forbidden. Players from opposing realms sometimes meet somewhere in the frontiers to kill each other, one after the other, and allow themselves to be resurrected by an accomplice in order to gain realm points easily. This experience should only be gained when opponents defend themselves in real fights, and players who use this means, as well as those who let themselves die, are severely punished - this can go beyond the reinitializing of realm points. Of course, it is entirely wrong to complain about being attacked by players who stumble upon these duels by mistake and ask them not to disturb the process…

It was an official post regarding all the Fao/qq/whine/ohmegod threads i suppose :p

Alan said: Mythic dont run the game here GoA do

We didnt knew.

Regards
Mck

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but theres a difference like if a load of people are rp farming etc then QQ more. hope you get banned and found by zerg and balls chopped off etc.

if a group of realm adversaries are standing around cruach like having some fights and a FG or just a lamer (honrner type thing) comes in and starts blasting them. to me thats just ZZzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom