Duelling

A

Araddyn

The dualling system is a fun concept but it would be alot more fun if there was some sort of ranking system, you get a higher rank for winning duels and your rank lowers when you lose duels, this would add a point to duelling. Another idea would be tournaments that could be held by players themselves, with lvl ranges. After one of these tourneys the winner gets a prize like some gold or item or something. Im sure that some guilds would have thought of this idea and will hold guild tournaments, but i was thinking that people should start public tourneys, where players sign up in a thread on a forum, whoever organises the tournament sets a time and date for the tournament along with rules that they want and then lets the battle coommence.I dunno if i could organise a tourney im not a very organised person, but someday i might.

I dunno if a thread like this has already been started, its just an idea i have. Have a nice day :)

D

deygos

gr8!

i am organising one on hib at the moment and have had the go ahead from goa to do it (they will build arena etc and announce event on webpage)

i was hoping the other 2 realms would do something similar and the 3 winners could meet in emain to decide an overall winner

this is my format (1 of 3)

tanks versus ns versus champs versus bms

32 entrants

the top 16 players are seeded by their rpts total (combined lists) the next 16 slots r given to guilds who have no respresentation in the draw (the selected guilds are picked by their rpts total again)

i will post a preview of the draw on excali/hib thread to give people an idea of the potential match ups

the other 2 tournos are

FFA - free for all...all players in a random draw, but u cant enter if u already have been in another tourno

Mages versus Rangers....same selection format as the tanks duel tourno.

personally i think this should be built into the game where u might do a /duelstats deygos and then see wins losses etc and there would b a duel ranking on duskwave etc...

like i said it would b cool 2 see the other 2 realms do it and have a grand final etc...

P

pilia

Stop it!

i might even get the urge to reactivate Daoc.

gee,you guys make addicts come back,...gimps :)

F

Flimgoblin

have it by class maybe?

class a kills class b kills class c kills class a :)

I.e. top mercenary, top armsman etc.

Then you don't need to worry about paladins twisting endurance and heals whilst engaging.

P

Puppetmistress

Well, duels are great fun and beside that very interesting testing material. You can easily test how much damage move A does compared to move B (spell A compared to spell B, etc).

But a ranking-system? Think you will get people who don't wanna fight certain other people (or characters) because they cannot win it.

Why should I, being a caster, be so stupid to fight an infiltrator? Or a wizard at starting range 1800 (eg. bolt-range) ? I would only loose points by it? Not that I really care about the points, but some people really take duels very seriously.

I dunno.. If you would implent it in the game I think there should also be a function to disable the scoring-ranks for a duel.

Say /duel challenge noranking or something like that.

A

Araddyn

A ranking system could be used for tournaments based on your outcome in a tournament or something similar. Maybe a tournament system should be put in, what allows you to create a tourney using a command like /tournament create or something and invite others into it. Im sure theres a variety of ideas for the duelling system :).

F

Flimgoblin

You know...

you don't need complex code for a tourney :)

All you need is someone to write down the results and post it somewhere public...

D

deygos

obviously u dont put mismatched classes in a duel otherwise duels rnt fun to watch etc

a ranking system is necessary so we get some juicy quarterfinal/semis matchups, u dont want the ubers to meet to early and eliminate each other, come on this is a tried and tested format in rl!

anyhow here's how its goin on hib so far, come on someone from alb do one so the winners can face off

anyhow click on the draws and u'll see wot i mean...

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=44469

A

Araddyn

Id like to see us start a tourney for that, i couldnt get one started though :( so if anyone else likes the idea of starting a tourney for this please do so :)

I found some bad ideas about a public ranking system for duels, those with extra accounts can just fight chars from their other account and climb higher in rank, so that wouldnt work.

H

hercules-df

Sounds good esp if they build a fighting zone, maybe a UFC style cage with a small stadium for ppl to watch from, also how about a different kind of duel instead of the boring old stand there and slog it out, im a paly but i enjoy a good lenghthy fight around a bigger area with things to hide behind etc.. scout vs paly in sausage castle is supreme, starting at a fiar distance apart and close enough for the pally to get in cover b4 the 2nd arrow is fired :) once the pally gets in the rooms and corridrs the stealthed scout comes a looking :) meanwhile the paly has healed himself and ready, try it a few times its superb :). This is not soemthing to replace normal duels just something different and far more strategic and exciting and great practice for rvr, an arena built just for the super-duel type fight would be nice :)

D

deygos

well like i said its gonna be done on hib soon, so if u guys wanna sort yourselves out and find yourself a winner to challenge the hib winner then cool ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom