Duelling

C

coeurdelion

I was having a natter with a Guildie late last night about what is and what is not acceptable in Realm Duelling (as opposed to frontier stuff).

I'd like people's views on this please - for example.

Is using IP acceptable? I fought a Pally last night - he used all his chants, but not Faith Heal. I didnt use IP. It was really close at the end, in fact it came down to who got the next hit in, we were both that low. He did, and I died.

IP and Purge are powerful RAs to use in a duel. But the question is:

Is it fair to use those abilities and other manual RAs, and is it honourable?

Anthony Coeur de Lion <ASq>
Armsman L50 and a little bit
Defender of Albion

" I need no monuments save the tombstones of my enemies and the wailing of their women "

M

mid_Efour

yes, those RA`s where designed to give you a fighting chance at killing caster classes and Stealthers suprising u with the DoTs.

If a caster thinks hes clever because he can destroy anyone before they even get close just pop Purge then IP and even FA2 if u have to this will useually shut him up fast.

B

bracken_woodman

Basically, get it straight beforehand. I had one person call me a cheat because I used purge in a fight, when it was simply a case of it not being straightened out beforehand - so I didnt have in mind not to use it and just auto-hit it on being mezzed :(

Personally I dont mind either way if they are used - at the moment mine are gimped any way. If someone who has specced in active RAs can't use them against someone who has specced in passive RAs, then it could be considered that they are being penalised just because their spec is more active.

Bottom line is set the rules before you start :)

L

Loccon

Use all means...

U should use whatever means that are at hands...if u fight a duel to the death...wouldnt u try to win that? ofcourse RA should be used. A scout can start the duel in stealth, likewise infis..in fact i think they should. use ur abilities and skills to the max to win the fight!

B

belth

Yea agree before if you're going to use actives... Without it's more fun though. Not like you're going to give someone 10k rp or summat by losing a /duel...

L

Lithoz

There is nothing honorable with not using RAs. A duel is to compare strength, not using RAs is silly.. no, it's dumb.
Ohh btw, stop whining bout getting beaten by a pally, they have had a hard time this far. So plz take your honor and run away with the tail between your legs then.

J

Jiggs

i could make a point here about if i spent 24points on Ignore Pain then i expect to use it, if you spent your 24points getting mastery of frickin water 5 its not my problem.

but i wont ^^

J

Jiggs

oh and the simple answer is...........

BEST OF THREE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom