Duel Tournament Update #2

D

deygos

duel tourno update #2

ok the FIRST ROUND of the tournos are set to start on feb 8th (Saturday) from 12pm midday GMT ONWARDS (subject to GOA building the arena on time...still waiting zzz)

the melees tourno goes first, then shades, then rangers, then mages. The arena will be up soon (according to GOA) and it will be located at 20,10 in connacht. which is just around the corner from dl. There will be a healer right next to it so u can suicide from emain etc

there will be 4 types of tournos

hero v champs v bms (32 players)
shades v shades (16 players)
rangers v rangers (16 players)
mages v mages (32 players)

finally there will be a *DUEL of CHAMPIONS* where the 1st and 2nd placers from each tournos will go into a final knockout tourno to determine an overall champion. (no prize money btw just honour & pride)

it is 75G to enter a tourno and if u don’t pay u don’t play.

PRIZEMONEY breakdown:

-------------players---total pot--my cut-----prize pot---1st--------2nd
tanks------32----------2400------480--------1920------ 1344-------576
shades----16--------- 1200------ 240--------960--------672--------288
rangers---16----------1200------240--------960--------672--------288
melee----- 32----------2400------480--------1920-------1344------576

player selection criteria:

In the 32 player tournos the top 16 rpt holders will be automatically seeded and the remaining 16 players will come from guilds who do NOT have any representation in the draw…

so if say CF already have players in the top 16 then no other members of CF can enter in the 17-32 slots and I move down the list of guilds (again sorted by rpts) until I find the next guild who have no players in the draw, that guild will then nominate a player to occupy rank slot #17 etc

In the 16 player tournos only the top 16 rpt holders will take part, the main reason for this is I don’t have the time to run 4x32 player tournos, so the shades and rangers one has been trimmed and I’ve done away with the wardens/druids/bards (soz but no time)

i was gonna list the top 16 qualifying players but i cant....cause duskwave aint been updated yet (FFS)........because some of you who are just outside the top 16 can still qualify as a seeded player and you've got until the 5th of february or the NEXT DUSKWAVE UPDATE (whichever comes first) to rack up some rpts and sneak in

those of you who can't make it plsssssss tell me in advance coz i need to resort the seedings then...

duel rules:

NO…..

*no buffs except self buffs
*no potions
*no crystals
*no fake lding, u press the windows key and quick ld then you are DQ’ed (you will NOT get a second chance – this is to prevent people from aborting the duel when they are losing etc) , if u genuinely ld then the duel can be restarted ONCE.
*no exiting the arena during a duel

R.A’s

some R.A’s break duels, if a duel is broken because of this the duel will be restarted once, if the same person breaks the duel again its DQ time.

misc:

duelists will be called to the arena 15mins before they are due to fight, if someone doesn’t turn up on time then they are DQ’ed and the other player qualifies for the next round, if both players don’t turn up we move onto the next fight and I bring in 2 replacements at a later date.

for those of you with abilities on timers, well…. try and keep’em ready, I’ll try to let u know in advance approximately wot time u will be expected to fight.

also duelists can bring supporters, supporters will line up behind their duelist to cheer'em on etc or /laugh at the other guy (poor bastard)

once again for those of you who can’t make it pls let me know ASAP. (12pm SATURDAY 8th FEB GMT)

the duel itself

gladiator music kicks in….

duelists enter arena in slo-mo as petals fall to the ground all around’em
duelists pay entry fee and curse me
duelists grin and group with me so I can check for buffs
duelists run to starting positions
duelists have up to 1min (if required) to get “ready”, ie selfbuffs and equipment
duelists hurl abuse at each other
both duelists bow to each other and the duel begins when I /y FIGHT!
the crowd goes wild
someone gets 0wned

repeatX

N

Noche

Anything a shade v shade duel that we can´t do? Like PA etc? Beside is IP allowed?

D

deygos

noche, everyone... more detailed rules to come but basically
u can do whatever you want in duel, no nerfing of class defining abilities etc

u can ip , u can do wotever so long as it doesnt break the duel

(all duels will start from range btw)

Users who are viewing this thread