Duel Rules

S

saviour

Okey, just to get these things straight. Are there any rules in duels(cept for selfbuffs only and noone outside heals)?. im mostly thinking bout RA`s like IP/FA or Purge. what is allowed? and who decided the rules? Last night i duelled a skald which will remain unnamed. he DD me, slowed me down and started runnin. while following him i used FA, and when the fight finally was over i stood as winner, which made him whine some about me using FA.(not sure that my use of FA mattered much, i whopped him again at the rematch, with a fair amount of HP left(might have been luck, seem to have some in duels), but nevermind).

So, is there any rules? or is this something u make up before the duel start?

I for one dont care if my opponent use FA/IP, purge(like he/she§ ever will), thats the abilitys he/she has, and worked for. He/She should be able to use it imho

So, what do ya´ll say??

A

Archeon

I think its a genrally accepted rule that as long as your the one using the ability (be it RA or spec) then its fine.

I think this skald you fought against was probably just a sore losser :)

A

Armalite

How could possibly a skald do u Sav ??!?
nerf him

W

Whoodoo_RD

Had the same prob, someone I dueled used IP and purge during combat, neither of which are available to me.

Seems very laim that some people take this so seriously, but using their RAs proves little. IMO using your base stats and buffs only proves a lot more than "whos got the best RAs". And the amount of people who refuse to fight unless their RAs are available is unbeleivable.

If you have to use them to win, its a true admittance your a gimp :p

N

noaim

If you dont have IP and your opponent does, and you still get him to less than 50% hp after he used IP, you could consider yourself as a winner anyways, I mean, you dont have to prove anything for anyone but yourself. But would be nice to agree before fight that noone should use IP, or that IP is allowed, whatever suits the fight better.

A

AbPoon

IF both are similer rr's and one has ip and one has passives then the guy without ip will win if its no ip, if you both have ip its all fair but people who have a shed load of passives and no ip (Which is the best thing you can possibly have in rvr bar nothing) will win with ease due to the other person having actives that he cant use.

Nearly everyone that can afford ip has it but some people are full passives for dueling.

S

saviour

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Had the same prob, someone I dueled used IP and purge during combat, neither of which are available to me.

Seems very laim that some people take this so seriously, but using their RAs proves little. IMO using your base stats and buffs only proves a lot more than "whos got the best RAs". And the amount of people who refuse to fight unless their RAs are available is unbeleivable.

If you have to use them to win, its a true admittance your a gimp :p

refusal to duel based only that u dont have yer RAs available... ahh well... I dont care which abilities i have ready, as long as my end is full so i can slam em, or reslam if i miss. I mostly use FA to get me health up quicker when resting. perhaps sometime in a fight if sh*t starting to hit the fan.

ahh well, was just curious on yer general idea of this. i guess there be less duels soon, as soon as ppl has gotten used to it. i will continue using what skills i have, for i have worked for it. if someone dont like it they can :kiss2: my :moon:
they have choice to fight me or not.
But im always up for it(unless im sitting in some corner in svasud, or nekkid in gna forge).
be seein ya

A

Armalite

Remove all armor and items, remove all buffs, both buy a bronzeshod staff and get busy!

X

Xandax

Simply agree before start of a duel what is allowed.

C

Carlos Bananos

imo no active RAs should be used.

Passive neither, but nothing u can really do about that.

imo, only abilities that should be used, are ones specific to your chars speclines.

Outside help aint right (outside buffs, RAs, grouping with skalds or grouping to mess up evade/block/parry)

but thats just my oppinion, and the rules i will duel under.

others may have different rules, best agreed b4 fight

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
imo no active RAs should be used.

Passive neither, but nothing u can really do about that.

imo, only abilities that should be used, are ones specific to your chars speclines.

Outside help aint right (outside buffs, RAs, grouping with skalds or grouping to mess up evade/block/parry)

but thats just my oppinion, and the rules i will duel under.

others may have different rules, best agreed b4 fight

same as carlos

A

akula

gotta admit atm, i've got MoPain1 and MoParry1 on me skald

main reason I went that way first is for overall use through the PvE lvlling process, which imo is more use than IP/FA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom