Duel Booting

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
there any way to duel boot without the bot lding if inactive for 5mins??

im running a pc with 766mb ram (also uped page file to 1gb, was told would help, but dont)
1.3 ghz cpu

pls help guys! lol

cheers ademaa

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
you might strugle with only a 1.3gig processor, on my main pc it handles 2 accounts fine because the p4 processor it acts as 2 processor, with my spare pc its a amd 2800 i have to set the memory performance to background managed.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like my last PC
I started bot account first, in window mode (800x600), all gfx effects such as spells etc off, clip pane near etc, all names off and clientsleep to minimised

Then I loaded up main account (from a diff instal directory) in fulscreen mode, alt-tabbed, buffed up and away I went.

I would usually alt-tab every 20mins or so to bot account just to move him.

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Click start button /run and type 'regedit' to open up the registry editor...

Assuming u use XP operating system navigate through folders as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
PriorityControl

Then double click Win32PrioritySeperation

ITS IMPORTANT AT THIS STAGE YOU MAKE A NOTE OF THE CURRENT SETTINGS DISPLAYED IN THIS WINDOW SO U CAN CHANGE THEM BACK IF NECESSARY!

Now change the settings to 'Decimal' and enter the 'Value Data' as 29.

Apparantly the best settings for this are between 29-31. Personally I havent tried 30 and 31 because it worked perfectly for me with the value set to 29.

However u can play about with these values (between 29 & 31) and see which works best for u. (Don't worry if the values have been converted back to hexadecimal when u come to change them, this is normal).

Hope this helps m8, I had exactly the same problem as u describe and ever since I did this i have been able to run 2 accounts perfectly :)

P.s. If it doesnt work change the settings back to their original values.

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
cheers for ur help guys will try 2night and get back to whining if problem persists lol.

ademaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom