Dual Wielders.

S

Stallion-

Stil thinking of what offhander I should use, got 4.2 spd mainhand and thinking of either 2.6 spd or 3.1 spd offhander. As a BM. Then I saw this comment; "I'm using an exceptional mace in my main hand now and stuck with the barbed mace in my off. I have a buff bot so I don't want to go to fast in my offhand or I'll end up loosing some " So my question is the offhander also dependant on the buffs and the 1.5 spd cap? If so, does the the haste effect on a dual swing overcome this cap?

S

Slytale

swing cap is 1.5s

if you go out buffed .. < 3.0 spd offhand is too fast and you lose DPS.

S

Stallion-

Some BMs wanna fill in what they think?

U

uncle_sal

I dont know anything about numbers.... i just hit stuff :) angled dagger as lefthander... maybe i need to find slower wep then...

S

Stallion-

faod elph.. dont wanna remake my SC cuz of your blablablabla ;)

S

Stallion-

f0kk. but why does some BMs want the 2.4 spd? or smth piercers when 1.64 ?

K

Karlo

Bm's, if going the high quickness and haste route want fairly average speed weapons tbh. If buffed 2.4 is prob too fast

This time round im going front loading blunt just to see how I hit :)

S

Slytale

in most cases in RVR you dont have the best buffs .. thus, faster offhand + slow mainhand they can take advantage of the haste artificial haste effect.

say normal swing with 4.3 is 4.3s not taking into play haste + quick. If only mainhand swings ..

then if u have a 2.4s offhand .. you will swing at 4.3 + 2.4 / 2 ( if both swings ) = 3.35s swing with both. = haste BUT !

since you have uber buffs + stlong haste you will prolly hit you cap at 1.5s ( not sure on swing formula + quick and haste ).

so slower offhand will increase your dmg somewhat if you have really good buffs.without losing DPS on capping out on swingspeed. since quick and haste affect dmg output.

C

chrstffr

If that CD/DW formula is correct, max chance to swing offhand is 87.6% and thats with 50+20 CD/DW and DR5...

Sucks imo :x

S

Slytale

yup - CD is a shit specline - unlike LA that swings ALL The time !

S

StormriderX

Main reason I want fastest offhand is cause I don't get a lvl50 nuture bot buffing me all the time ;)

60% of the time = blue haste + dex/qui 30% of the time just either blue haste or blue dex/qui

10% of the time I get purple everything.

S

Stallion-

ok so storm was thinking to ask u but u werent on irc u noob...

100% of the time will be purp. What would u suggest?

D

drungan

when u use purp haste i would advise u to go for the slowest u can get, 2.4dps with blue haste is already very fast, hard to assign backups and get hold off the approp styles you should use next etc, even more when it's a bit laggy.

on the other hand i'm just a not very skilled melee player, so maybe you have no prob with assigning chains and styles in around 1.5secs.

btw, haste cap is a myth, most caps are in my eyes ("castcap is 2secs rofl), a myth brought to you by mythic. guess the name is programm regarding this company.

have no prove melee swings going below this, at least for cast cap are tons of proves around

O

old.Reno

Swing cap is not a myth, it has been tested many times and found to be true.

Danita

S

Slytale

another really important thing to remember - do you get debuffed with attack speed alot ?

since cap swing speed will be affected by this .. in order to maintain a 1.5s cap even while debuffed you will prolly need 4.3 +- 2.5s weapons. even with purp haste !

T

talivarevil

im using 4.1speed main hand 2.9 offhand :)

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Stallion-
ok so storm was thinking to ask u but u werent on irc u noob...

100% of the time will be purp. What would u suggest?
3.6speed GR and 280 quick and purp haste was swingspeed of 1.7 ish seconds so i wouldnt get the quickest offhand but a decent spd (say 3spd or so)

S

StormriderX

Well I'm currently using 4.3spd + 3.1spd and when unbuffed I have 81qui. When purple buffed I have 170 qui and swing at 2seconds per attack.

So might be worth your while to get 3.1spd offhand (slowest I know off bar stinger) for best dps I guess.

As for speed cap well I'll post logs when I finally get my template sorted out. I'm going with 2.6 offhand personally then 2.4 when it comes out.

Just got to make sure you really paying attention in battle when you're styling. Pressing back up style can sometimes result in you making it into the next main style, so instead of backing up side with taunt you end up doing side hit then taunt. If you're awake then its no big deal to cancel it and press the right key in time. If not then you a tad buggered :x

K

Karlo

Originally posted by azshara
No qui as BM? ;o

its called frontloading, low quickness harder you hit.

Storm reckons it sucks, yet im sure it would be uber with crush ;)

A

azshara

k, cos i already got capped qui on SC config ;d

C

chrstffr

Cap quickness imo.

Atleast for stlong evade :)

A

azshara

now i just need someone to pl meh bm to 50 ://

S

Stallion-

the for the help d000des ;) 4.3 + 3.1 it is.. I think! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread