Dual monitors?

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I have a Geforce 3 which has CRT and DVI out, I have a DVI to CRT adapter and I can get a picture on both monitors fine. The problem is, that it's the same pciture, which is kinda useless. How can i make it seperate? Thanks.

R

Rubber Bullets

Which OS and which drivers may be useful. I have a dual monitor system off a GF4 card and Win XP pro that works just fine.

RB

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

WinXP Pro, no idea what drivers though. Ones i downloaded from leadtek.com a few months back. How can I find out the version?

C

Clowneh!

How RB? The best I could get it was to make both monitors share a common desktop.

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I have them running the same picture, but making them 2 seperate desktops I can't seem to do :(

R

Rubber Bullets

I am not completely sure what your getting.

This is my desktop at the moment. The step between the two sides is down to the fact that my monitors are different sizes and different resolutions.

It is not 2 desktops as such, but one streched over 2 screens.

If this is what you want to do then you need to create a picture that is big enough to fill the 2 screens mine is 2432x992, then select it in desktop properties.

Then you must select 'tile' from the pull down menu under position. (this may be what you're doing wrong)

Hope that helps

RB

P

Panda On Smack

if you install the nvidia drivers then you can setup the 2 monitors in there little utility section

i did it with my 2 monitors.

you can drag programs between the 2 screens

although im confused as if thats what u want to do?

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

yeah, that's what I want, I want the second monitor to be an extension of my desktop.

D

Deadmanwalking

Desktop right click >>> Properties >>> Settings, Click on the second monitor icon >>> Tick the box that says "Extend my windows desktop onto this monitor"

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I don't see that second monitor icon :-|

P

PR.

Uninstall the Leadtek drivers, download the latest drivers from nvidia 52.16

Desktop right click >>> Properties >>> Settings >>> Advanced >>> nVidia Geforce 4 Tab >>> nView option

D

Deadmanwalking

I have a second monitor icon and i not got a second monitor on here :(

Users who are viewing this thread