Dual logging

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
I'm finally considering caving and running a bot - except theres a slight problem. I am a complete techno dunce.

In short how is this done - are there a number of ways of doing it? Are two machines necessary? Are two accounts necessary?

Advice - or links for the chronically stupid please.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Don't you need two assholes for that?

Seriously though - if I want to run a bot what do I need to do?

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
You need 2 accounts
And for best results, use 2 computers...

If you only have 1 PC, then make sure it has more than 512 meg ram.
And also in this case, you can't run the classic client. You must have at least SI enabled on both accounts, since classic client doesn't support running 2 accounts on the same PC (maybe they changed that in some of the latest patches, but I doubt it)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Just upgrading to a nice new graphics card 2.8 processor and 1k of RAM - so sytem should be capable.

So I need two accounts, and to log in both accounts on the same machine. Does this hit performance or affect data transfer on a broadband connection?

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Normal way of dual logging is having two accs with SI activated. I was duallogging with 1,4ghz and 512mb PC quite fine in PVE, but RvR was laggy.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Just upgrading to a nice new graphics card 2.8 processor and 1k of RAM - so sytem should be capable.

So I need two accounts, and to log in both accounts on the same machine. Does this hit performance or affect data transfer on a broadband connection?

No trouble here with AMD XP3200+, 1GB ram and Radeon9800pro + 1mb cable modem.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
sometimes it helps to get task manager and make both game.dll processes low priority .. if your system is fast enough it will enable you to have the bb stuck to your main char with minimal fps loss.

Otherwise bot will have to be static .. and you switch between the two to move it

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
A hyper-threading CPU helps on the sticky buff-bot issue. I have 2100 XP 1Gb RAM but my second character doesn't stay stuck long. I think the low-priority process helps a bit as long as you're not running too much else in teh background.

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
True on the hyperthreading their :)

Best way to run it is two computers.
Ive got the follow on me set-ups:-

Matrix Box:- (Main Gameing/Character)
3200 Barton,
1024 DDR 3200,
80 Gig S-ATA,
Radeon 9800 Pro Atlantis 128Meg Version

Shuttle Box:- (LAN`age/Buff Bot)
2000xp,
SK43G Shuttle Xpc,
512 DDR 3200,
120Gig S-ATA,
G4 Ti4200 Albartron Turbo (@Ti4600 Speeds)

Also got my High Spec Laptop:-

p4 2.53Ghz,
512ddr,
g4 200 Go!

I did duel account for a while on the first one, id say it was the RAM that was the major aspect of being able to duel account. Having plenty of RAM imo is the best way to run DAoC :)

Laptop is used as contact machine. :) Yeah I know a lot of money their but i saved up long enough to have them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom