Dual logging backup ...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Anyone got some helpful tips or pointers how to dual log, like system settings / graphic settings etc ? I got an amd 64 3500+ 1 gig ram and x1800xt 512 mb. 300 gb hd. When i dual log, im experiencing sooo much stuttering all the time, even as im playing in window mode. And sometimes when im using my keyboard to steer my char around, its like the keyboard lag, nothing happens when i press left for example, don´t know if its related to my connection, as it appears to happen more often if i give the process more processing power in the ctrl + alt +delete menu.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
The tip in general is to give both processes less priority ;) The trouble with dual logging and daoc is that your active application will steal all the pies and cause your other account to get starved of traffic.

Your machine spec is enough to run plenty of daoc accounts if they shared the processor nicely.

Better performance is usualy achieved if you run both fullscreen and in the same resolution as your desktop, though that may not be what you want if your just running a buffbot then I recommend it.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
The tip in general is to give both processes less priority ;) The trouble with dual logging and daoc is that your active application will steal all the pies and cause your other account to get starved of traffic.

Also go into My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance Options -> Settings -> Advanced

and make sure that priority is set to background applications, you should only really have forground applications if your an Excel Junkie who doesn't close windows, ie upper management .

Disable all the XP wizz bang effects, as well same window in another tab iirc,

Deer.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Gibs said:
Whats that? :eek:

My Computer -> Properties, -> advanced -> performance options -> details -> visual effects.

tick adjust for bet performance.

who cares if the second daoc client is fading in through 100 shades of blue as you activate the window.

Vista, if it ever gets here, will only make these types of problems worse.

Deer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom