Dual Core CPU's

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, was just wondering if anyone knows of a program or fix you can download that will prevent some games having FPS lag on dual core CPU's. For example WC3 and DAoC. Thanks in advance.

arimyr

Fledgling Freddie
lo m8 if its amd dual-core i had the same problem until i uninstalled the driver for it and installed a new one from amd.com was a major difference to me no more lagg and ld cuz of the processor atleast :) dont know the name of the file now but search on amd homepage if its an amd that is and look for the updated file for dual-core and hope it helps you

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
you could try setting the Affinity on the processor.
Bring up Task Manager. Find the process, Right click - Choose "Set Affinity..."
Untick CPU 1

Should make things easier.

For the moment, some (most) games are not Dual Core compliant.

Shad

Fledgling Freddie
there is a fix for AMD that helped me. http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom