Druid speccing

C

cercela

kk gonna roll a reg druid. I was looking at 3 possible specs and wanted opinions from other druids

30 nurt - decent buffs, still laking good resists thou
40 reg - last res, second to last insta heals
20 nat - decent pet, decent ae root

35 nurt - all second resists except matter
9 nat - left over points

29 nurt- decent buffs, only first lvl resists
45 reg- last res, last insta heals, last spec group heal
6 nat - left over points

----------------

right now I think the second one will be my most likely spec as the resists would come in handy. I just have a couple questions for those druids out there with rvr experience

1.) are the last insta heals worth it?
2.) how often is ae root used? Could you live without it or is it a nessesity?
3.) What specs are you and how do you like them?
4.) if you had full repecs knowing what you know now, how would you spec.

ty in advance
-Cerc

S

saks-

im 35/40/9

And i wouldnt play my char is i didnt have my uber(?) 9 in nature.. the AE root helps alot.

If Bard dont get mezz in on enemies.. and they are chasing him.. trow in a AE root :D even tough its only 11 sec .. its enough time to the bard to get away.. just ask Tzee :D

Havnt play much where alot of druid have respecced to nature, so i dont know if you should take the 41 reg single heal instead.

Intas are very worth it, can save your group/ a member of your gruop. And with 40 reg my top insta is for 1720 hp on Twinkies he loved it =)

The buffs are quite ok and the resists are fine.. i like my spec :)

If i had a full respec and could respec to what i wanted.. im not even sure what i would use it.. i like my spec.. and ppl know my abilities becuase of my spec.. but if i would use it iwould propaly but in some more nature :)

Hope it helps :D

C

cercela

did help a lot, so you think the last instas arnt worth going for?

personally i see little use in high nat for the style i want to play. the ae root would be all that i used.

the main thing i needed to know is if i should take the slighty better buffs + better resists over last instas and last heals

S

saks-

100% instas ? f you use he is allready dead ( if you want full effect ) so i dont think they are usefull.. a insta off 1300-1800 dmg is very nice.. you fire it and if the player still looses HP fast you gotta spam tha heal button :D

A

angara-ffs

lol, so many thread allready about this :)
But i have to agree with ojaas.
If you aint sure u gonna have a Buffbot or a 2nd druid in a group, go at least 40 reg and 35 nurt.

I am specced 41 reg 25 nurt for a long time now, and i have to say its one of the best specs i played with.
Saks also got a good point about the 9 nat...but, again, if you arent sure u got 2 druids in group, u have to go 40 reg and 35 nurt at least.

1.) are the last insta heals worth it? Never tried them, the 75% are good enough (read saks his post)

2.) how often is ae root used? Could you live without it or is it a nessesity? I use the single target root a lot to get tanks to stand still ;)

3.) What specs are you and how do you like them? 41 reg and 35 nurt, wouldnt wanna change it!

4.) if you had full repecs knowing what you know now, how would you spec. Totally depands on how many druids you play with. But for now, i wouldnt respec :)

C

chrstffr

Well i played a druid specced 40reg/36nature last night and it was great fun :)

Need a buffbot or smth for this though :eek:

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by chrstffr
Well i played a druid specced 40reg/36nature last night and it was great fun :)

Need a buffbot or smth for this though :eek:

Should try that sometime to see if i like it :)
But then again, you need a 2nd druid or a BB.

V

Vegy

41reg/35Nurt here, not sure what to think really. The level 39 spread heal uses alot of power, just over 1/5 of my bar with capped power. Sometimes I'm tempted to respec to 36Reg/40Nurt for yellow dex/qui&matter resists, and to get rid of the level 39 spread heal. Never had ae root, and I dont like the idea of using a low level ae root either, the baseline single target is pretty nice.

N

-Nuked-

would love to know why so many druids have gone nature spec this patch, i made my druid just b 4 the patch and none were about and i was constantly getting asked "why the hell would i go nature/reg" now it seems everyone has the spec :rolleyes: quite disapointed! had to respec :(

C

chrstffr

Originally posted by angara-ffs
Should try that sometime to see if i like it :)
But then again, you need a 2nd druid or a BB.

Then u would have to concentrate about 2, i said 2 things... wouldnt be a succes tbh :rolleyes:

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by chrstffr
Then u would have to concentrate about 2, i said 2 things... wouldnt be a succes tbh :rolleyes:

Shut up maybe? :p

A

alme

low lvl ae roots get resisted to much, if ure gonna use em u need ATLEAST the lvl 29 one, imo 41NA 35 reg is pwn. 2nd best dot and lvl 39 ae root and ofc the insta roots.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by cercela
kk gonna roll a reg druid. I was looking at 3 possible specs and wanted opinions from other druids

30 nurt - decent buffs, still laking good resists thou
20 nat - decent pet, decent ae root

35 nurt - all second resists except matter
9 nat - left over points

29 nurt- decent buffs, only first lvl resists
45 reg- last res, last insta heals, last spec group heal
6 nat - left over points

----------------

right now I think the second one will be my most likely spec as the resists would come in handy. I just have a couple questions for those druids out there with rvr experience

1.) are the last insta heals worth it?
2.) how often is ae root used? Could you live without it or is it a nessesity?
3.) What specs are you and how do you like them?
4.) if you had full repecs knowing what you know now, how would you spec.

ty in advance
-Cerc

1.)yes
2.)not often by me, cuz I have the lowest version wich is mainly only gives root resist. however it's good to interupting. and high ae-roots are very very very nice.
3.) 40 nurt, 35 reg and 9 nature. like it alot.
4.) doubt i would use it. But if I did it would be to 35+ reg and 36+ nature and leftovers into nurt.

S

saks-

Nuked reason ppl spec nat now is that ppl often run with 2 druid ( in gankgroups ) and the root is needed on high determ tanks etc.. cuz mezz will wear off fast.. then you have some root to slow em down aswell.

S

spankya

I played a druid alot, had a high regrowth druid, respecced to high nurture, but now I would probably use:

26 Nurture, 35 regrowth, 29NA... Gives you not bad buffs, nice heals(spread heal, 75% group and single insta and good single target heal), single insta root, and a good area root.

Since so many people have purge, root is a very useful tool to use after people purge mez. Although the person using it has be experienced enough to judge whether or not to use area root or single root as not every1 will purge and so mezzed people could be unmezzed by root...

T

traxxx

40 nurt, 35 reg here and happy with it but i can see the use of a high nature spec.

but as a grupe druid i have found that 40 nurt / 35 reg. work realy nice .. only realy miss last rezz

O

old.lewstherin

Originally posted by alme
low lvl ae roots get resisted to much, if ure gonna use em u need ATLEAST the lvl 29 one, imo 41NA 35 reg is pwn. 2nd best dot and lvl 39 ae root and ofc the insta roots.

Thats my spec.. 41 nature 35 regr.... It really made playing my druid alot of more fun. With a 40 nurt 36 reg druid we pwn.

A

Affri

IMO go 40 reg / 36 nat if you have a buffbot, if not either 40 reg / 35 nurt or 40 nurt / 35 reg works.

InstaAEroot4tehwinz :p

E

eneq

Well firstly the 41 reg specc is useless.
40 is the way to go casue all you need to do as druid is spamm the Spreadheals really.

Why ?

WEll basically the best with spreadheals are that they almost acts as insta healing.

How ?

WEll in start of fight you start casting spreadheal and if none damaged take a step and interrupt the spell. Cont doing that.

And/

"1) Regrowth – The greater Heal Line could use some power adjusting. Even with just one person injured, it is more power efficient to heal for nearly the same amount using a spread heal if there are 2 or more people in the group. At Spec 49, Greater Renascence, will heal for 686 HP for 109 power or 6.29 HP per power. The 39 spec Spread Heal, will heal one person for 602 if there are 2 or more in the group for 95 power or 6.34 HP per power. That not much savings until you realize having 4 people in a group of 8 injured they could all be healed for that much for the same power. The half a second faster casting time for the Greater heal does not make it worth the extra power and time when healing multiple people."

so basically drop reg 41 to 40.
Dont go below 40 in reg cause the Rezz is uber in tight fights /espesially when you 2 druids.

about nurture.
I would say go 35 because gives you good buffs + good resists.
IF you have 2 druids in group then 1 can b nature specced but you dont want to have 2 nature specced druids in same group.
If you often plays in GG or with same peeps then you can have a druid that nature specced if you often runs with 1 thats nurture specced.

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by eneq
Well firstly the 41 reg specc is useless.
40 is the way to go casue all you need to do as druid is spamm the Spreadheals really.

Why ?

WEll basically the best with spreadheals are that they almost acts as insta healing.

How ?

WEll in start of fight you start casting spreadheal and if none damaged take a step and interrupt the spell. Cont doing that.

And/

"1) Regrowth – The greater Heal Line could use some power adjusting. Even with just one person injured, it is more power efficient to heal for nearly the same amount using a spread heal if there are 2 or more people in the group. At Spec 49, Greater Renascence, will heal for 686 HP for 109 power or 6.29 HP per power. The 39 spec Spread Heal, will heal one person for 602 if there are 2 or more in the group for 95 power or 6.34 HP per power. That not much savings until you realize having 4 people in a group of 8 injured they could all be healed for that much for the same power. The half a second faster casting time for the Greater heal does not make it worth the extra power and time when healing multiple people."

so basically drop reg 41 to 40.
Dont go below 40 in reg cause the Rezz is uber in tight fights /espesially when you 2 druids.

So, what you are saying here is that you want a char where you just hit the same button over and over? Personally, i find the lvl 41 spec single heal better than using spread heal to heal when only one person is being hurt due to the faster cast time. 0.55 secs difference on the delve (not taking into account dex/moa modifiers etc.) is quite a lot when you are talking about times of around 3 seconds.
Lets do a little bit of maths (look away now if equations disturb you).
Say that the single heal is 3 secs and the spread is 3.5 for easier calculations (according to classes of camelot the 41 single heal is 2.95)
So then in 21 secs you get 21/3 = 7 casts of single heal
and 21/3.5= 6 casts of spread heal.
Now, using your numbers for how much the 2 spells heal for when only one is injured in a grp of 2 or more we get.
The single heal has healed for 7*686=4802 hp
The spread heal has healed for 6*602=3612hp
Not to mention that the 3% bonus to heals from each level of mastery of healing will add more to the single than the spread (3% of 4802 is more than 3% of 3612) and that you had 7 chances there for a crit heal, whereas only six with the spread heal.

So, anyway, i'd say that it is well worth going to 41 for the better single heal as it does have it's uses. Yes, it does mean you actually have to think however and decide whether a quick single on your bard (for example) would be best, or if it's not just your bard who is hurt/looks like will be getting hurt within next 3 secs then maybe a spread heal would be more appropriate.
Sure, go 40 reg if all you want to do is spam one button, but i started to play my druid because i enjoyed trying to puzzle out the best solutions to problems like the above.

41 reg is far from useless.

E

eneq

Well i didnt say it was useless.

And as i said in my post the spreadheal casting time is not a problem.
Cast the spell and if none hurt take a step.
So basically the spreadheal can/should b much faster then the 41 single.

"Now, using your numbers for how much the 2 spells heal for when only one is injured in a grp of 2 or more we get.
The single heal has healed for 7*686=4802 hp
The spread heal has healed for 6*602=3612hp"

Dunno how many fights you been in but the ones i usually finds myself in you almost never only got 1 groupmember injured.

Mythic knows about this and have replied that they wont nerf Spreadheals but will prolly raise the effectivness of other heals.

"So, what you are saying here is that you want a char where you just hit the same button over and over? "

Hmm nope when im playing druid i dont just stand there waiting to heal someone. Druid can and should do much more.
With the 40/35/9 you have much more you can do...
Cast AE root on mages/healers.
DoT the mage/healer

if you specc 41/35 you throw away (imho) many valuable things druids can do in battle..Just becasue you want to cast a single heal that isnt as good (imho) as spreadheal.

L

Lessurl

Dunno how many fights you been in but the ones i usually finds myself in you almost never only got 1 groupmember injured.

Happens a lot vs good /assist grps when they all leap on your bard. Or if your bard gets a good mez off and only a few of the opposition have purge up so only a couple of them hitting your grp. (which if they had half a brain would both be on the same target)

L

Lessurl

Soz i take it back its useless... o_O

But on the other side..you agree to what i said then.

I agree both specs (41 reg or the 40 reg) have their plus and minus points and both are useful in an rvr grp.

Users who are viewing this thread