Druid spec

Ganyarx

Fledgling Freddie
Its long time since I played on exc, but started to toa a druid now. :)

i´m in doubt of an optimal spec here. I´m not going for a nature druid^^

all help are welcome

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
i recently rolled a druid, havent realy played it in rvr yet. but i went for the specc of:

33 Regrowth
42 Nurture
7 Nature

cant comment yet on how effective it is in rvr, but seemed nice to me.

42 nurt is for the red acu buff instead of yellow, 33 reg seems to give decent enough singletarget heals, 7 nature well its the left over basicly =P

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
If you run with a botted group:
39 Nurture (Yellow s/c, d/q, acu, blue haste, yellow ST shears)
35 Regrowth (Good heals, 75% grp insta)
12 Nature (L20 pet, small pbaoe instaroot)

Group without bot:
44 Nurture (Capped s/c, d/q and acu, yellow haste, AE d/q shear)
31 Regrowth (Decent heals)
4 Nature (Gray AE root)

Nature spec:
40 Regrowth (100% rezz, 2nd spread, Cure NS)
36 Nature (Big L50 pet, AE insta root)

Most druids seem to be going nurture after the shear improvements, and because shears are very effective & annoying way to dampen DPS and interrupt. But I'd prefer to have both nurture and nature druid in group if running with a botted group :)

PS. Stay nature, Buffs & Dierna!!! ;)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
39 nurture 31 regrowth 20 nature

- pet is only 4 levels different that the 36 nature spec. level 52 compared to level56 with ml10.
- Still have all the shears and and good buffs.
- good for soloing, i.e. buff your pet and yourself and still one of the best specs for grouping (level 32 pet is as good at interupting as the level 36 one).

If you want to be a nature druid then next patch the pet you get at 44 nature will also be increased level (nearly identical to chanter pet so should be blue con). So 44 nature 31 regrowth convoker ml line could be viable.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
39 nurture 31 regrowth 20 nature

- pet is only 4 levels different that the 36 nature spec. level 52 compared to level56 with ml10.
- Still have all the shears and and good buffs.
- good for soloing, i.e. buff your pet and yourself and still one of the best specs for grouping (level 32 pet is as good at interupting as the level 36 one).

That's a good spec too, but isn't it 20Nature => Level 32 pet, 32Nature => Level 50 Pet?

Gilbride

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm.. Druids never had a lvl 50-pet.. unless you're talking about when it's ML9'ed, and if so no, it's above 50, the pet is green at 50 w/ 32 nature (lvl 36 like someone mentioned?).

Also, concerning the trispec w/ 39 nurt, 31 reg, 20 nature, personally I'd never go w/ convoker w/o 40 regrowth. You still wanna be able to cure nearsight, it's pretty major. Which means the 52 vs 56-ML9 is pretty out of the question, IMO.

But that's just me. Common specs as I'd see it are rather 44nurt/31reg/perfecter as mentioned, 40reg/36nat/convoker also mentioned or rather unmentioned 40nurt/35reg/perfecter. 7 nature on a nurt/reg druid is probably become rather interesting for the insta pbaoeroot in 1.83, meaning 44/31 spec falls somewhat out of grace, but still viable.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
My druid is 42 nurt 33 reg... best spec imo :) So easy to kill a druid pet anyways, lvls doesnt matter that much really :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
new fotm will be 33/39/17 i think more or less. That's when the new druid pbae root will be introduced. That i will be going for else roteca's spec is nice.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
That's a good spec too, but isn't it 20Nature => Level 32 pet, 32Nature => Level 50 Pet?

No I think you are looking at the character builder :p Currently it is 20 nature = level 32 pet, 32 nature = level 36 pet.

But check the patch notes.

in 1.83 a new pet that does styles is being added at about level 44 nature spec
in 1.84 the new pet is having its level cap is being raised to be 85% of the druid (current pet is 75%, chanter is 88%)

1.84 notes

- The top tier of Wolf, Bear and Lynx pets will now be slightly higher levels. (85% of your level instead of 75%.) The top tier of Wolf will also perform combat styles similar to the Bear and Lynx.

1.83 notes:

A new Druid pet has been introduced at spec 45 in Nature Affinity which has a chance to do melee styles with varying effects.

So i was slightly off its 45 not 44, but i think this pet mith ml9 would be funny :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I respecced today, 39nurt / 35reg / 12nat.

I had a hard time thinking about it, but if you want my reasons, here they are.

39nurt:
-capped d/q
-all yellow resists

35reg: (that was a tougher choice)
-75% insta grp
-34 group heal

12nat: (was the choice between 17nat for pbae root or 12nat)
-lvl 20 pet
-cheap ae interrupts

I defo wanted to have 33reg, but I thought 17nat was not worth it, cause the pbae root is for interrupts mostly, so who cares what the delve is. Besides, even the lvl 7 one has a nice duration. Also the lvl 12 pet can't be 1 hitted by enemy healers, which gives it a slight advantage.

39nurt overall is enough for me cause I'd never give up 33reg to get better buffs, no way. The utility you loose is no comparision to the slightly better s/c buff.

If you want the red int buff, go for it, 42/33/bla is a nice spec aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom