Dropped Respecs!

T

Tranquil-

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/668.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESPEC NOTES

In order to give players the chance to respec at high levels, we've put in the ability to find objects in the world that will grant the player a realm ability or career specialization respec.

Because of their extreme power and high worth, these objects are currently found only on the dragons in each realm's mainland. On their death, Golestandt, Gjalpinulva, and Cuuldurach will now drop fifty Luminescent Stones. Half of these will be Full Career Skill respec stones, half Realm Skill respec stones. These stones can be traded or sold to other players as any other object in the game.

Luminescent stones can then be taken to special new type of NPC (listed below) and turned in to receive the associated Career or Realm respec.

Please note that after performing a respec, all choices made are your responsibility. Here are the respec NPCs, the objects they will take, and their respec abilities:

Camelot:
Ellette Redding - Luminescent Exerpise Stone – Career Skill Respec
Paiton Hazlett - Luminescent Exeregum Stone – Realm Skill Respec

Jordheim:
Tordis - Luminescent Exerpise Stone – Career Skill Respec
Haili - Luminescent Exeregum Stone – Realm Skill Respec

Tir na Nog:
Dywana - Luminescent Exerpise Stone – Career Skill Respec
Bretta - Luminescent Exeregum Stone – Realm Skill Respec
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahem, nifty.

S

SilverHood

hmms

would mean that you could in effect, level a Warrior to 50, and change him to skald/thane/savage without any repercusions

L

liste

that doesnt sound right.

Surely it means a /respec all

A

Adelle

Yeah, it's a full skill respec, not a class respec (no way THAT will ever happen).

On their death, Golestandt, Gjalpinulva, and Cuuldurach will now drop fifty Luminescent Stones. Half of these will be Full Career Skill respec stones, half Realm Skill respec stones.

S

SFXman

Retarded if you ask me. People will not give a shit about planning a character anymore. Huge guilds will be able to hoarde loads and loads of these...
This change is for the worse, Mythic have just listened to US whines.

A

Arnor

I believe you are wrong sfx.
And the way mythic has implemented it is a bit silly, although im glad that they brought it in.
This way, you avoid that ppl new to the game, and casual players and really everyone avoids shooting themselves in the leg.

A mate of mine made a zerker of the 2handed flavor, he was so gimped its not even funny. And now that the respecs came, hes now a viable character suddenly. But what if he did like Tilda(or sumtin) and respecced wrong in 1.52. He'd still be walking with a limp, and how funny is that when youve spent alot of time making/playing a char?

Think of how fun it would be to try out different specs w/o having to reroll. Maybe then Midgard will get more aug healers (Go Billybob! :) )

We all know the formula: Zerker+End-regen+Celerity=Lawnmower
Gimme 1.53!!

Go monthly respecs! :clap:

edit: oh, and the only "big guilds that will hoard this shit" will be the Borg-guilds. Which I believe you will have few problems with ;)

edit2: oh and GO /reclass :D

C

Cowled

So this mean?

Everytime a new patch comes, we need to kill the dragon to get "un-gimped"?

P

pcentella

You don't have to kill the big dragon if you don't want to :). They are not taking away anything (no respecs --> respecs), so I think this is very good.

S

stu

I think it's a great idea. Should see a lot more dragon raids between the organised guilds, and a lot of people experimenting with their old retired characters.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Cowled
So this mean?

Everytime a new patch comes, we need to kill the dragon to get "un-gimped"?

to join the uber of the month spec.

O

old.Lianuchta

And as the Hib dragon is by far the hardest to kill, this is also a Hib stealth nerf :p

O

old.LandShark

Should drop from legion, dragon, and princes in varying amounts...
More respecs, I say.
Monthly sounds good...
But then, I want to raise my stealth and change my RA's completely, so I guess I'm biased here. ^^

O

old.Krusha

still only 25 skill stones and 25 ra stones... need -bit- more than 50 ppl to do the dragon eh ;)

and yes.. finally a hib nerf ;)

S

stu

Originally posted by old.Lianuchta
And as the Hib dragon is by far the hardest to kill, this is also a Hib stealth nerf :p

Theyve been evened out in a recent patch

O

old.Xanthian

I want initial spec points respec :(

Fucking Catacombs told me that Dex,Int,Qui was best for a Eldritch :(
So now im minus 10 Con cos they got it wrong!!!!!!1

Hmm you reckon I could make anything of this site supplying incorect information and making me gimp my char?

(btw this was 7 months ago, my 1st char and I didnt know any difference)

T

Tranquil-

Sue!

IMO the way various respecs should be awarded is through bountypoint cost.

S

Sharma

IMHO, it will add variation to the game so that people can try different specs and play their style......just one thing though, its always gonna be some guild leading the raid with like 50 other guilds and then saying "We lead it, bugger off you're not gettin any loot" :(

O

old.Hendrick

I don't want /respec all, I just want a single-line respec. When I do /respec all I will lose 12 levels of autotraining going to thrust and slash, which effectively ruins my respeccing because I lose more than I would gain.

E

erl

Originally posted by old.Hendrick
I don't want /respec all, I just want a single-line respec. When I do /respec all I will lose 12 levels of autotraining going to thrust and slash, which effectively ruins my respeccing because I lose more than I would gain.

No you won't, you never loose/gain ponts from autotraning when respeccing. And yes, I'm sure about this. Have been soooo much debate about it :)

N

Noche

Xanthian u got less con? :p

/Duel Challenge Xanthian :D

A

Alkoran

Kinda a good idea...but making them dragon drops is stupid since they will likely belong to only those who are 50 play a lot and are important figures in large guilds. The people who really need help are 40-48 gimped and stuck, if you need a respec to fight properly then why should you have to fight for it?
People who are really stuck tend not to be leading figures in their realm, they probably play a lowbie alt and don't log in often, if your character doesn't work properly you don't enjoy the game a whole lot.
The way this is implememted is likely to only be useful for those who want to start a character spec. for PvP, respec for RvR, collect vast amounts of RP respec. for RR6, or those who want to make uber buffbots. Really I think this kind of playstyle needs no assistance and this sort of change should be aimed at more casual players

S

Sigurd

Mythic don't give a shit about the casual players though, they see them as the players more likely to quit.

O

old.Hendrick

No you won't, you never loose/gain ponts from autotraning when respeccing. And yes, I'm sure about this. Have been soooo much debate about it

I tested it with my scout. She is level 21 and I did a /respec all with her. That means she should have 446 points to spend now. However, since she autotrained bow to 5, I only had 432 points to spend.

Mercenaries autotrain slash and thrust. If I do a /respec all, I will suddenly have 12 slash and 12 thrust that are payed with my regular spec points. Even if I stick with slash then, I loose points.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by erl

No you won't, you never loose/gain ponts from autotraning when respeccing. And yes, I'm sure about this. Have been soooo much debate about it :)

kept my 11 points of autotrained thrust
didn't get back the 65 points spent into slash (it stayed at 11)

i.e. lost nowt, gained nowt.

Respec only hurts you as a merc if you want to move from slash/thrust to crush.

Points spent into an autotraining skill, you wont get back. But you don't retroactively have to pay for your skills again.

i.e. the first 12 points you spent in slash you paid for and don't get a refund for, but the 12 free points in thrust you keep and don't have to pay.

Respec is 'trade in all my skill points over my autotrain minimums for the points back'

if you trained in an autotraining skill and want to move to non-autotraining then you lose, vice versa you win, if they both autoed or neither did nothing changes.

O

old.Hendrick

Ho hum. I'm too scared to try, Fingoniel. :)

(and luckily, I'm happy with my spec, it's just that sometimes I'd like to go for full 50 DW instead of better parry)

R

Roo Stercogburn

I've always wanted to try 50 summoning to see how far I can push a Spirit Master. For people like me, this would be a way to try out off-the-wall specs knowing you could get your character back to being viable. It would take 2 stones though.

I know this is a fairly trivial use of something so useful compared to someone who has mucked up their character at some point by accident and wants to fix it, but since the dragon will drop so many of these trinkets, it should be possible for many in one raid to get a shot at it. Also, by having 2 single line respecs available while levelling now, very few characters should be hitting 50 accidently gimped by lack of experience when assigning training points.

Don't know if I'd take the stones though. Quandry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom