Driver error upon alt-tab

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sometimes when I alt-tab, especially when dual-logging, from DAoC, my computer completely freezes up and I get a windows error hinting at nv4_dll / nvidia display drivers failing, PC then reboots it's self. I get an error but I have no idea what it means.

Here's an upload: http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9158/wasd.png

This doesn't happen all the time, I can play for hours without it happening, or upon first alt-tab straight after a reboot.

I was using 197.13 drivers, so I updated to the latest (197.45) but the problem remains. I'm using a 260 GTX, it isn't overheating so that's not the issue. I also believe the problem only occurs with DAoC, and ONLY when I alt-tab. I'm on Win XP SP3 with 4GB DDR3.

Any help would be great :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
All I can say is it can be a lot of things. Unless you get some expert to read the minidump or reinstall windows (or upgrade) or install certain drivers again, I doubt you'll get the answer. One can get lucky though!

Did you OC your pc btw?

Afran

Part of the furniture
It is not currently OC'd, no.

I always get weird issues that hardly anyone can fix. :D

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Owke Ill start. Deinstall your graphics drivers and reboot. Reinstall the latest one you can get.

Please give all the specs of your computer aswell. CPU, MB, sound, network.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You could aswell try togo back to an older driver when you didnt get the BSOD.

Clicky

Double free memory attempt, clear case of driver issue.

The Nvidia driver attempting to free a freed memory segment.

Is what i'm thinkin of aswell

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sorry I didn't reply to you trying to help me out there,
had someone "professional" look into it on another board and apparantley he can't see how to fix it.

Fortunatley I came across a handy little program that allows me to "delete" the DAoC taskbar thus letting me play in windowed mode with fullscreen, solves it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom