dreamsphere why?

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
ok, I was waiting at the dreamshere encounter spot for about 4 hours when finally the encounter started. I started killing all these mobs running around. Suddenly I see Paradoxx with a friend rushing into the middle of the camp killing the encountermob. I really want to know whatever the reason could be to do that? I mean the encounter fails when he is killed. And he saw me standing at the camp 30 minutes earlier, and you definately cant miss all the mobs running around. :(

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
i dont want to discredit any guild actually, but i want to know why that person did it.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
If hes killing the main mob, hes probably not aware of how to do the encounter.

Ebayer?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
If hes killing the main mob, hes probably not aware of how to do the encounter.

Ebayer?

Although if the origonal guy was killing the burning mobs running round the camp he clearly didn't know how to do the encounter either. + Afair the only version of the encounter you can do solo is the dao version.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
well i checked the Snakecharmer spot if the encounter is up, well it was apperently, oi logged alt, logged main. got a grp together quickly but the following happened once i got there: (was about 5mins late allways nurf time :p

1, sb + bb started encounter killing 3 snakes then getting wiped. when asked why is he starting a SAVAGE only encounter the reply was: "lolmao i clicked mob becuuuze i want to see what happen !!"
2, solo savage unbuffed at 20% hp at spot... i ask if he did the encounter solo (i couldnt imagen that a solo unbuffed svg can do this). He says not, but he was curious what will happen if he clicks the mob...

Why ppl are like this? No idea, but one thing is for sure its annoying. The world should be a lot better place without retarded/greedy ppl. I wouldnt mind if another grp got there and do the encounter and get artifact, they were there first with a grp fine, but ppl who obviously cant pull the encounter off why even bothering with it, ruining it for ppl who could do it... oh well :eek:

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
well i know one should kill the dao's but i saw only one and killed it. then i killed some of the mau's. I think i would have been successfull as its not that hard

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
well i checked the Snakecharmer spot if the encounter is up, well it was apperently, oi logged alt, logged main. got a grp together quickly but the following happened once i got there: (was about 5mins late allways nurf time :p

1, sb + bb started encounter killing 3 snakes then getting wiped. when asked why is he starting a SAVAGE only encounter the reply was: "lolmao i clicked mob becuuuze i want to see what happen !!"
2, solo savage unbuffed at 20% hp at spot... i ask if he did the encounter solo (i couldnt imagen that a solo unbuffed svg can do this). He says not, but he was curious what will happen if he clicks the mob...

Why ppl are like this? No idea, but one thing is for sure its annoying. The world should be a lot better place without retarded/greedy ppl. I wouldnt mind if another grp got there and do the encounter and get artifact, they were there first with a grp fine, but ppl who obviously cant pull the encounter off why even bothering with it, ruining it for ppl who could do it... oh well :eek:

Personally I don't see what the problem with this is. Unless you are there and let people know you are after the mob you have no complaints.

People don't know the exact dynamics of most of the mobs/encounters they see the mobs and have a go, that's how the game is played by most people, it's about exploring. In some ways it's a pity that we just go through the scripts written by the US people and don't actually figure anything out by ourselves.

I often when bored and wandering round with my bot will take on new mobs, especially nemed ones or ones which look like an unusual spawn just to see what happens. I have no idea what the mobs/situations for most of the artifacts/ml's are and don't read up on them until i'm actually looking for them. It means being wiped a lot of the time, but sometimes I can find some interesting stuff out (like farming collossus as it drops a rog item every time and actually makes for a reasonable cash mob as it can be taken with tank/bot combo)

Stranger

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin, you forgot to mention that respawn time on Snakecharmer (after some n00b does his clicky clicky) is 12-24rs :eek7:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
Personally I don't see what the problem with this is. Unless you are there and let people know you are after the mob you have no complaints.

People don't know the exact dynamics of most of the mobs/encounters they see the mobs and have a go, that's how the game is played by most people, it's about exploring. In some ways it's a pity that we just go through the scripts written by the US people and don't actually figure anything out by ourselves.

I often when bored and wandering round with my bot will take on new mobs, especially nemed ones or ones which look like an unusual spawn just to see what happens. I have no idea what the mobs/situations for most of the artifacts/ml's are and don't read up on them until i'm actually looking for them. It means being wiped a lot of the time, but sometimes I can find some interesting stuff out (like farming collossus as it drops a rog item every time and actually makes for a reasonable cash mob as it can be taken with tank/bot combo)

i dont agree mate, if i dont know something or dont understand hows the "system" working then I try to gather as much information as i can before making a decision, same irl. Time / lack of information can change this ofc, but in daoc you have both, time and lot of inforation sources. After leveling to 50 and attending to some raids (which 90% of lvl 50 chars in this game done) being part of a guild aswell, most ppl understand the basic dynamics of this game... (well should be, if EBAY-ed who never ever play this game, well he should be flagged somehow...)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
i dont agree mate, if i dont know about something i try to gather as much information as i can before making a decision, same irl. Time / lack of information can change this ofc, but in daoc you have both, time and lots sources of information.

I disagree personally, there are so many named mobs in TOA that iw would take up too much of my time to look up the details of everyone I meet.

If there is no one about and I'm feeling bored I usually hit first and research later if they prove too difficult to kill ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
I disagree personally, there are so many named mobs in TOA that iw would take up too much of my time to look up the details of everyone I meet.

If there is no one about and I'm feeling bored I usually hit first and research later if they prove too difficult to kill ;)

usually there are big purple wierd tiger looking things near the encounters, so very hard to miss them... if still "ohwhatwillthisbuttondo??!?" effect... well you are silly or selfish then or just dont givf about it which is then again selfish? :p :>

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Just because you know about an encounter doesn't mean everyone does. I know fuck all about the Spear of Kings encounter. Why? Because I don't want Spear of Kings, Doi! So if I were to go where-ever it is SoK drops and kill the mob which drops it does that mean i'm intentionally going out of my way to screw people over?

Think you should maybe calm down a little and remember that just because you know everything doesn't mean everyone else does. ;)

Species

One of Freddy's beloved
Close thread pls, that person just tells me how much he likes these whines about him ...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Dorin said:
usually there are big purple wierd tiger looking things near the encounters, so very hard to miss them... if still "ohwhatwillthisbuttondo??!?" effect... well you are silly or selfish then or just dont givf about it which is then again selfish? :p :>

I've not noticed any tigers at all in TOA land. Lions yes, but no tigers, and if I did why would I know or want to know the significence of them?

Or are we just supposed to spend our entire times sitting killing the same mobs for hours on end on the offchance we kill something special which someone else might want to possibly kill in the future.

As I said before, to a lot of people this game is about exploring new places and trying new things.

I think a lot of people forget that in their rush to get the uber loot in order to wtfpwnj00!!!!!!......

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I totally agree with Dorin, if you see something in toa which you don't know what it is, you don't go and click.

1. It takes about 20 seconds of my time to look up the mob on vos.net
2. Toa is not intended to be played without guides in Europe. We got guides so whytf are those fools 'clicking the mob to see what it does' ?

Terrible...

Off the servers with 'go and click' people. :x

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
I totally agree with Dorin, if you see something in toa which you don't know what it is, you don't go and click.

2. Toa is not intended to be played without guides in Europe. We got guides so whytf are those fools 'clicking the mob to see what it does' ?

Terrible...

Off the servers with 'go and click' people. :x

1: for the first waht is vos.net???
2: not intended to be played w/o guide in europe??? dont make sence.... guides r made by players NOT by mystic so yes it r intended to be played w/o guide.

Most of the fun when u get a new expandsion/game (sp?) is to found out new things.

then i started i just fucked around with me healer and was happy then i killed blues :D now it have become alittle boring in some part COZ of all the guides, ofc they r nice but think on all the players there have done an encounter just be trying and w/o a guide so u could get u guide??

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Lothandar said:

Terrible...

How do you think those guides got written in the first place?

As I said, some of us like the exploration aspect of the game, we don't just see the game as something to get past so we can wtfpwnj00! in rvr. If I wanted a pure player v player experience I'd be playing counterstrike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom