Dragracing is real

I

ivan_tribbiani

Well 'forget what you think you know, dragracing exists' ....
If you have seen the movie 'Fast and the Furious' then take 50% of the content .... leave out 80% of sexy women.... crime and there you have it. Streetracing is a whole subculture no matter where i go... even in Russia.

So for all those of you who are into it, post your favourite car and the specs for forum discussion.

Honda Prelude <1999> <not 2001 body design>
2,2 Vtec Vti

P

- Pathfinder -

I actually settle for the women; you keep the cars :)

O

old.Tohtori

Ok, Toyota Supra TwinT..that car just is yum...

But to get to a level that is possible to obtain, Prelude ´91, yeah the box model :p Would make a great sleeper.

S

SFXman

Well if I had the cash when it comes out... damn...

Bugatti EB 16-4 Veyron

At the time of writing, in the spring of 2002, the 736 kW (1001 bhp) Bugatti EB 16·4 Veyron, although exhibited as a design study, has already reached a degree of driveline and body development that is close to series production status. The first theoretical performance figures are also available: the new 16-cylinder sports car should reach a top speed of 406 km/h and accelerate from 0 to 300 km/h in under 14 seconds. '

Wouldn't mind owning it when it comes around, would you?

pic01.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

PS: I'd take the babes too like Pathfinder already pointed out.

I

ivan_tribbiani

Yup or Nissan Skyline :cool:

Can quartermile anything... in its class ofcourse

Btw talking about classes Prelude is a downtoearth < as in i can actually afford it now but not too sure if i want it so bad yet, but since Civics and their 2001 motors are just pish imho then its a 95% chance :p >class C car i still recon it can be good on the quartermile and off it since you can actually drive it ....besides Nitro burns out the rings and pistons very very damn fast. If i had the money i would go for Twin Turbo..... doesnt have the same punch as Nitro but all in all a good compromised version of same thing.

O

old.tRoG

sfx, you really should provide a drool bib with those pictures ;)

S

SFXman

Not just the pics, but look at some of the few stats I gave... 0-300km/h in 13 seconds... I mean... wow...
Also I read other things in some magazine such as... the tires withstand punctures and you won't even notice such a thing...
1001hp... hmm.. they are making a light one that has "only" 900 (if I remember correctly), eheheh.

I

ivan_tribbiani

From a practical point of view though :

additional costs- imagine how much fuel it will use up
instability - one bump at 300 kph and say bubye to this world. so drivability is virtually zero tbh.
automatic gearshifting - not awefully good for racing .... however if it does 0-300 in 13 then i cant imagine how you can possible go from 1-5 in 13 seconds manually.

But otherwise its amazing machine :cool: Lemme at it

O

old.tRoG

can anyone spot the next james bond car? ;)

I

ivan_tribbiani

BMW Z8 or new 745si or something alike... but it will be a BMW

S

SFXman

Talking about BMW's... I love those cars... they are just the sweetest looking cars around!

B

Breni

Subaru Impreza 2.0 GTS (Gold Alloy model) or Mistubishi GTO - both look damn fine, and the Impreza does 0-60Mph in 5.5s. And that's manual transmission with no tweaks...imagine what you could do with it after xenon tuning and adjusting the fuel mix?

Have to say though - the Supra in F&F was sweet, but I'd take the Jetta over it anyday.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I would actually say... a Tiger I.
Admittedly - it's not very fast but 88mm say "I GONNA BE TEH WIN!!1".

Tiger looks just awesome. RoarRRr!
tiger06.JPG

S

SFXman

Oh crap now that sickofit mentioned a stranger vehicle I might aswell mention that the Hummer is awesome! Got to love those cars... so damn huge and powerful... not IMMENSLY expensive either.
www.hummer.com <---- the H2 looks so nice there... you can even change colors in the price part of the H2 site. $51,375 for the Lux version of the H2, not bad I say... damn... nice...

EDIT: Checked the dimensions... length: 4.82092m & width: 2.06248m

I

ivan_tribbiani

Gotta admit though that Subaru looks rather ugly despite being a decent performance car.... I would choose Mitsu Evolution of the two rally cars : Mitsu and Subaru. When i was doing 140kph saw it accelerate from 140-180 in a bloody instant....it was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread