Dragon's

O

old.Cero

What about the dragon's in each realm. Middies on Prydwen tried it once never succeded to kill it. Which realm hace succesfully killed it, and what was you tactics and how many ppl were you?

I would love to try again to kill the bastard, but then me think we need another tactic to take her down :p

And btw there should be a dragon in a seperate land which wehere you teleport mids, albs and hibs toghether to fight the Dragon, but then again the server would prolly crash. Honestly the lagg in RvR is really annoying and frustrating, but doesn't yet keep me from playing (damn so addicted to this game grrr ;) )

Thats all folks

F

Flimgoblin

Not sure on the tactics used but Alb/Excal finished off Golestandt recently (and then fought a couple of mighty Loot-Stealing-Morons who ran off with the nice drops rather than giving them to the auction/lottery as they were meant to)

As for the cross-realm dragon... I think legion in Darkness Falls could count as that... (next month anyway) he's a tough kill, not sure if he's as tough as the dragons though.

P

- Pathfinder -

Want tough? Try out the worm (instaheals etc), has yet to be killed :p

L

Lam

There's a giant worm in Darkness Falls that hasn't been killed on any server yet.

F

Fafnir

I think some frenchy/froggy server was the first to kill the midgard dragon.

E

erl

A worm that noone can kill? Creepy. Scary.
:uhoh:

K

Khalen

What about the Legion's Pit monster? Heared he was one tough dude...

O

old.Cero

Have noone killed it yet, sounds strange, not even an a singel US server?

:rolleyes:

E

erl

Now that's one ugly worm. What makes him so hard? Must have some AE-spell like the dragon I assume, otherwise you would be able to zerg him quite easy? Please tell me he can die, I'm gonna get nightmares otherwise :uhoh:

O

old.mattshanes

What about behemoth he is also tough and there is 2 lv99 mobs in df not just one :cool:

P

- Pathfinder -

From what I've heard, the worm doesn't have an AE - it's jsut a stupidly high level mob, with some nifty specials - instaheals for a mob with insane HP/AF/Lv, cough.

B

Blood

Excal / Albion used about 180 people to zerg Golestand (high levels i think).

We middies have tried attacking the dragon 3 notably times

1. we had about 150 people, mostly highlevel, the plan was to send in waves of troops after it had killed the previous wave.. It totally failed when the dragon just AE'd wave after wave (also we were pretty unorganized, so everyone were attacking trough the same entrance.. duh!!) we didnt manage to do much damage.. 5-10% tops

2. Same tactics but better organization, i think we had about 120 people this time, attack from all sides, we really failed because we didnt have enough ressers.. was a great fight, see a picture here we managed to get it down to about 80%

3. Third attack against the dragon was a spontanious one, someone had been trying to suicide against the dragon, but it didnt attack back, we quickly rushed in about 20 more people, hitting it like crazy... but when we got it to 33% health, it spawned 10 uberguards that wiped us out.

O

old.Revz

What constitues a "zerg" depends on your point of view but certainly more than 100 people attacking 1 mob is a zerg in anyones book :) The dragon simply isn't possible to kill using any tactics we've managed to come up with short of having enough people to soak up that AE.

Two groups of SotL got Golestandt down to about 90% health when we got lucky and he missed his first AE on us. The second one wiped about 80% of us out and he just meleed the survivors down. Was it not for the AE he would be prefectly doable with decent tactics and groups, we've killed mobs that hit much harder than him so it is just a question of power conservation and sustained dps after that.

O

old.Revz

Also, Prydwen Albion got Gole down to about 30% health (the point at which he summons those protectors that heal him) on their first attempt. We didn't get wiped by the guards though, he just took out about half of our force with AEs in 5 seconds.

A

Alrindel

On Hibernia/Excalibur we had a go, but we barely scratched him. The first AOE wiped out 100+ and the rest only lasted for a minute or two after that.

http://silent-death.net/gallery/Dragon.htm

I don't believe Cuuldurach has been killed on any server yet, US or Euro.

T

Trahg

I wonder... resist-buffs doesn't stack with resist-chants of same type i guess? :p

S

SFXman

Hehe... that worm is quite funny if you ask me, the looks of it. Wonder what happens if it dies? :rolleyes:

T

Trahg

Originally posted by SFXman
Hehe... that worm is quite funny if you ask me, the looks of it. Wonder what happens if it dies? :rolleyes:
Perhaps it'll drop 6 M pieces of "fishbait" (they're worth 20c each) ;)

P

- Pathfinder -

Having seen what Legion etc drop, one does wonder what this oversized fishbait drops? :)

K

Khalen

Because we had good knowledge what the dragon does at certain times we had taken some measures. You could say that there were 3 types of armies.

1. Who assaults the dragon from 4 sides (4 groups split up and attack from all sides at once (mainly all tanks, killers etc.)

2. A nuke team who takes care of the guards at dragon lair and they nuke the spawned adds that happen when dragon gets low on health.

3. A couple of backup teams (a tank group and a ress group). We had 2 of those but more is always welcome. The tanks would assault the dragon and the ress groups ress all the dead people.

In the beginning a lot drop because they have to rush to the dragon. Try to ress these as quick as possible again and let them hit the dragon again (give them earth buffs (or whatever it is called in other realms) so they can do damage). Once the dragon has to do melee damage people won't drop that quick anymore.

Frankly I was rather suprised how easily it went the last time we did the dragon. (K he was a bit late with spawning adds and the stun). Everyone did very well and worked exactly how it was planned.

P.S. about the wormy thing, maybe make it an event for all realms? Just to see what it drops? :) The same with the other uber mobs? Woule be fun to be the ones who killed them first :)

O

old.Cero

I agree with you Khalen about 4 groups of tank attacking from each entrance to the lair. That have to be the most effective way ( I think) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom