Dragon Raids

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I havent seen any regular dragon raids planned for Hib, but when playing on prydwen/albion we had a raid pretty much every week. I've even ran a few of these sucessfully in the past.

Mid also appear to ahve regular raids, but not Hibernia ? Is the dragon that much harder here ? Im a far way from 50 but would love to start up some respec stone farming once a week when possible.

Does anyone have links or knowledge of the hibernia dragon reactions.

Eg, in Alb
Stay in the lair
Kill all the ads first (they heal the dragon)
Everyone stay in melee range - casting outside melee range = glare
run from glare
run from pbaoe's
kill adds as soon as they pop (see above - healing)
dragon stuns at low health, use purge if your glared at

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Since FoP nerf, dragon hasnt been killed

Its been done on alb :)

Ohh and it was done pre FoP with mins/sorcs for power regen

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
It would indeed be great if we could get some DR's going. Respec stones are so expensive.

Ive been on 2 DR's, both failed. I think one of the reasons would be that we couldnt get enough anis/dmg dealers (bm's mainly). Another is that many ppl who sign up for DR, come in semi templates with low qual rogs etc.

Ohh and geez, ive never seen a realm where ppl sign up for stuff and then dont turn up, thats prolly the worst part :p ( wajn off xD )

Latuvu Kmk

Fledgling Freddie
It is very easy to get mana in alb, get some nekro and duel your friends. then give your mana :)

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
I've been wanting to make one for somewhile now since respec stones are so exspensive. I'm going to try and gather some information and ppl who have lead it before to help me and lead one in the very near feauture.. I just hope ppl dont QQ @ me if it fails =)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
hib dragon :

u'll get adds inc from nearby spawns
glare etc, nasty spirit ae
when someone dies u get a yellow con copy attacking people
kill the messengers or his army of doom whipes the raid
as for anis, spam lvl 5 turrets in melee range imo

used to be like 20-30 seconds kill with fop :)
and i'm still loaded with stones ^^ and not selling :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
I've been wanting to make one for somewhile now since respec stones are so exspensive. I'm going to try and gather some information and ppl who have lead it before to help me and lead one in the very near feauture.. I just hope ppl dont QQ @ me if it fails =)

Be realistic, even knowing how the alb dragon worked, it still took me 4 public raids to kill him, The problem we had is the more people you take the greater chance someone wont run from a Glare or PBAOE which wipes the raid. Me the raids constant even if they fail, something like every wednesday for 4 weeks we will try, and we'll make 2 attempts per raid.

I thought the FoP nerf was only to stop it regenerating power for those in combat, which means healers would still get the power aslong as they went hit by an AoE/PBAOE ?

Markos

Fledgling Freddie
I think if at alb with transfer pow we can do it with melee and some animist we can try it with a fg of 6 animists and 2 druids / 1 druid fopper left of group / and 4 hero/champ/BM 2 druids 1 warden and a bard i think with 3 or 4 fgs we can with the dragon:

----> 1 FG : Hero , Hero , BladeMaster, Blademaster, Druid , Druid , Bard , Warden
----> 2 FG : Hero , Hero , BladeMaster, BladeMaster , Druid , Druid , Bard , Warden
----> 3 FG : Animist, Animist, Animist, Animist, Animist, Animist, Druid, Druid
----> 4 FG( support FG ) : Mentalist, Mentalist, Buffbot ( fopper ), Buffbot ( fopper )

I think with this or kicking a FG of tanks we can do it ;) thx for your time .

Lliad

Fledgling Freddie
So, is the fop nerf only thing why you can not do it anymore with 12 peeps in Hib (8-9 anis, rest ressers with fops)?

If so, would be doable with double amount of anis with potions and some raging power, no (add a mana menta or bard with crocring)? Max 25 peeps and all get 1 of both stones and be happy.

PS. Could join with 2 anis.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
anis are no use, dont do dmg enimore to the dragon.

if u want to do a ani raid take about.............30 or so anis, dargon is god mode in hib atm

thats why ppl farmed it soo much.

u guys have to kill it some way other than anis.

go CLASSIC MODE

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep, anis alone wont do the job.. No mather how many you use. We tryed with alot, and we capped zone pet numbers out.. And we still didnt hit it enough.
That said, anis are still kinda nice to have with ya, to drop the AF on it.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, in Alb we ran with 3 groups.

Each group had
2 x healers
6sec PBT
End regen
5 x damage slots (merc or infil)
The main agro group had two shield tanks and a mins for ABS buff

One group had a scout to attack the dragon from range, this would cause a glare on the scout and generaly help to avoid players getting a glare

The mechanics were pretty simple
All players circle the outside of the lair pulling the stone giants outside and killed them, if left alive they healed the dragon
Main group entered and agro'd the dragon, keeping him in the middle of the lair on his mound
The other two groups entered and all stayed within melee range (except the scout) everyone was told NOT to cast outside melee range as this causes a glare
at divisions of approx 10% the dragon could PBAOE, look for the warnings and scatter when he does this
at <30% the dragon would AoE stun, drop a DET field and use purge if your glared at.
If/when any stonelords re-pop'd everyone assist kills them then back on the dragon

I think in mid they have a 4th group to take care of the ads, but having never played mid - i dont know.

There must be a similar plan that can defeat the hib dragon, and I really want to find out :)

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
doable with 216 vw imo :m00: :m00:
but speakin realistically there just aint enough numbers tryed to set up an arti raid couple of days back and got 1FG to come 3 of which were rl mates
ther fact of the matter is i think it should just be all the guilds decide to meet up on as u said a wednesday,gif rvr a break zerg the dragon grab a few stones and be on your way, the more the merrier imo dont really matter wat u have just as long as u have a load of it,

i also think the ani nerf aint a huge set back doing CB i had 3 anis fully capped out this killed the CB mob and also MINKAT who swam by and all of his adds basically if u get enough anis with somewat of a RR that have MCL and RP there will be NP maybe one or two mana mentas to boot :eek6:

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
i've been on the last 3 dragon raids. i would point out that :

1. the ppl who tried the last few raids are dressed in rogs and imo cant compete with that type of mob.

2.ppl dont read when the dragon is glaring or about too pb - hense lots die - u waste mana healing and eventually cant keep up with the damge the dragon does.

3.the raids of late have been run on the pretext of 2 or 3fg - so all ppl on raid will get one or 1 or 2 stones each. this is a major problem i think as u need a solid 4fg too make sure he is killed after all the effort too get there and engage him.

imo next dragon raid bring 4fg kill him and then just lotto for the stones - sure there will be some without stones but atleast if its done u can setup weekly runs and then perhaps lower the prices of respec stones for all concerned.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
When clustering comes in, are the classic zones shared too ? So we would have both excal and hib's population avaliable for DR's ?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
People can port to excal, and back. The other way around aswell.. So ye, we can make DR with prydweneers..

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
yeah i bet you are loaded with stones enli, you used to be a regular on my raids :) still have all my 300 stones left in my villa :) unless my beatiful house has gone *poff* while i've been gone from the game that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom