Dragon raids

C

camiltion

Why does Albion not have more frequent dragon raids. I can't even remember the last one that took place. I'm sure there are plenty of people, who would like a respec stone or even a piece of dragon loot, out there. Or is there a reason why dragon raids have gone out of fashion, like sidi or lack of leadership?

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Sidi raids had gone out of fashion?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk.

W

<Wels>

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Sidi raids had gone out of fashion?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk.

thats not what he says :)
he asks why there are no dragon raids, because of the sidi raids or lack of leadership

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Dragon raids are sucky ;o
Crappy items compared to sidi and so much trouble organizing ;o

C

Cavex ElSaviour

/em thinks gombur needs to organise more dragon raids..

T

Turel Haven

Originally posted by camiltion
Why does Albion not have more frequent dragon raids. I can't even remember the last one that took place. I'm sure there are plenty of people, who would like a respec stone or even a piece of dragon loot, out there. Or is there a reason why dragon raids have gone out of fashion, like sidi or lack of leadership?

Someone wants a respec stone methinks :p

P

- Pathfinder -

Alot of people want loot. Few people CBA to actually arrange something. Thus follows that realm wide raids aren't actually that common :p

Given the amount of people who feel a need to respec though (gotta love all these infs, "OMG I must lower my stealth/'venom, or I r gimped! :ROFLMAO: ) you'd think someone would organize a raid; after all, given the traditional turnouts for the dragon raids it's not as if we'd actually be required to use tactics :m00:

M

minstrel_kyra

Actually TDS is in the process of organizing one, will probably be this week or next.

We will contact the appropriate people when we decide on a day. (and yes, we will give at least 48 hour notice)

B

beck-uk

Maybe its because we ALL get a free line respec in our next patch? :hat:

S

Saturnine

Dryden/Sparda said this on the guild forums, which he pinched from the VN boards.

Just got back from E-3 where Mythic was showcasing TOA with actual devs doing the demos.

First off TOA looks great, the water effects are top-notch, the engine upgrade puts DAOC on or near par with AC2 and other Next Gen titles. I saw WoW too and TOA easily looks as good. EQ2 however, it ain't.

TOA Questions:

As of today, I was told that there was no working solution as to how your toons will be holding their breath underwater. But once it's figured out you'll want to take the dive, very cool Mobs underwater to beat up on.

Master Levels:

"Will a TOA level 50 ML toon beat the living snot out of a RR5-7 level 50 Classic world only toon?"

They are still creating and testing so I didn't get any sort of an answer there.

Housing...

*Yawn*

Well some of you may care so what I found out was that they will be rather large money sinks. I told the dev that doing this will just totalluy insure that they have lots of empty lots in two months time but they assured me that the feedback from Pendragon showed that everyone loves housing and will want to keep them for as long as possible.

The word denial comes to mind but hey, it's their game.

Now, on to the questions that I really wanted answered...

Interrupt code:

The dev I asked was VERY sympathetic (he should be he plays a Warden) and says that many of the devs who play the game keep hammering the higher ups about interrupts so help may be on the way. He also agreed with me that PBAoE should not permeate walls. We can only hope this is implemented soon but seeing as currently in TOS my toon doesn't hold his breath, I wont hold mine either...

Dragons:

ALL dragons are killable in the same manner. Easy now Hibs, I was assured this was true by the guy who claimed to have actually coded the AI for all three lizzies. The less players you take the better your chances. If you show up with over 100 peeps you will nearly always fail.
The optimum number is near 50 from what I gathered. Seems the dragon has a percent chance to spawn his fire weapon based upon how many peeps are there and so if 100 or more show up you're getting that breath 100% of the time or close to it. So, in order to kill a dragon you must get all your peeps (casters included) to sit inside the dragons polys and beat it to death one whack at a time. When I pointed out that taking 35-50 toons to the dragons lair only to sit inside it's polys and whack it to death seemed a tad less than epic, he replied "It's called using tactics..." Heh, had to laugh at that.

Asked about respecs and why they don't grant them and got a sidestep pretty much. Seems the devs think killing dragons is easy and therefor should be done more often. Gee, I guess everyone who doesn't know that 100+ peeps = almost certain failure and vicotry = 35 peeps inside the dragon whacking away is a total noob. Perhaps Mythic will remove the word 'Epic' from it's description of the dragons as really, who are they trying to fool here?

Anyway, that's about it for the convo. I must say that the guys I spoke to were very nice and really did love the game they created and believe it or not play. I wont tell you what realm they all played in as I wouldn't want to promote favoritism threads but it's initials starts with H. Oops.

Take from this what you will.

Less is More.

Users who are viewing this thread