Dragon Raid

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The question is. Now with cele finally available to our realm, is the dragon yet again doable with 1fg.
I whas thinkin druid, druid, warden, bard, hero, champion, valewalker and another tank. So cele and dmg add, bard for endu, champ for end reduction.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
The question is. Now with cele finally available to our realm, is the dragon yet again doable with 1fg.
I whas thinkin druid, druid, warden, bard, hero, champion, valewalker and another tank. So cele and dmg add, bard for endu, champ for end reduction.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It would be doable with 1 fg if there weren't any messengers.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It would be doable with 1 fg if there weren't any messengers.

You mean the messengers that spawn at the dragon? Never found them to be any problem, if you pay attention enough. Should be possible to handle some (yes not too much >:|) add's aswell with that group.

Curious btw if the warden and vw'r dmg add stack's.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
You mean the messengers that spawn at the dragon? Never found them to be any problem, if you pay attention enough. Should be possible to handle some (yes not too much >:|) add's aswell with that group.

Curious btw if the warden and vw'r dmg add stack's.

I must admit having done the dragon ~20 times since ani nerf that you need at least 1½ fg. It's hard moving from the dragons melee range to catch adds, it complicates things a lot if the agro holder(s) move or anyone with a pulse/chant or spell casting moves and draws glares.

If you only bring tanks those adds will own you :>

1½ fg also allowed everyone to get 2 stones still which made the raids quite good regardless.

The VW DA is a buff where the wardens is a chant so they should stack.

If you end up doing a raid I'm sure you can count zar and I in :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Should give it a go when i get a druid, warden, warden, bard, hero, champ, valewalker and another tank together. See how far we can get.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Should give it a go when i get a druid, warden, warden, bard, hero, champ, valewalker and another tank together. See how far we can get.

I doubt that setup can contain the messengers and I doubt you can handle the adds, especially if they arrive during pb's/glares/aoe stun.

kanijha

Fledgling Freddie
Well my long experience in dragon raids is that: Minimun to do it and best balanced setup

G1
Bard
Drood Fooper
Drood Fooper
Warden
Hero
Blademaster 10 Banelord
Blademaster 10 Banelord
Champion RR5 10 Banelord

G2
Drood Fooper
Animist Verdant With Tinderboxes

One animist for each door and the main group covering last door with dragon there.
Why banelorders on G1? Chaotic Power make us hit the dragon 10% more acuracy
Why Champion RR5? If rr5 abilitie get in, we have awesome damage there.
Hero to tank it ofc.
Warden spirit resist bot xd well now have celerity, can make us get it down faster.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It doesn't matter to much who has the agro at the dragon so long as you have a hero who knows how to switch guard and two good druids.

You definitely need the 1.5 fg set up, the main group can take one wave of adds and the dragon easy but being a pure tank set up it takes a while to kill the adds, so if another messenger escapes its all over. and ofc if anyone in the tanking group leaves tanking range to pull a messenger the dragon starts glaring which can be a raid killer.

I did think about trying a 1 fg set up but decided it simply wasn't worth the effort as with 1.5 fg everyone gets 2 of each stone with 1 left over for lotto.

druid druid bard warden hero champ BM/vamp vamp

people will die so buff bots aren't really that viable, its best to buff the group from the group.

Add group should be fine so long as no messengers get free, all they need to do is chuck a DD on it or even have the add grp druid root them.

The raid leader needs to spam the BG when the dragon is going to AOE (you will see a /b message) and also when a messenger pops

stompie

Fledgling Freddie
cant understand why the dragon is so hard... ok I've been away for a while but when I left I used to play alb which i dont anymore. We used to do a fair amount of 1fg DR's. I'm just curious really.

Albs fg was:

cleric
cleric
paladin
friar
merc
merc
earth thuerg
armsman

Ok thuerg has the pet spam but does it make such a difference? Mean aint there something that can replace pet spam and give hib another advantage to kill the dragon. of course we had all ml10 :p was it not possible to kill the dragon with 1fg without cele then?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The alb dragon is easier than hib now (shrooms don't damage it any more) we did have an out of group ani pet spamming a few times which helped a lot with the to-hit bonus but the days of killing the dragon in around 10 seconds are long gone :p

Taxii

One of Freddy's beloved
Remember that the dragons got boosted with the recent patch .. My guess would be 2-3 FG to kill them now, and thats with templated wellplaying ppl.

Also, Anis arent really worth it on the dragons anymore.. get some nice tanks and aoe the shit out of the adds really the only way thats valid now.

and count me in for it :D

stompie

Fledgling Freddie
If they got boosted does that mean the drops have changed in any shape or form?

Taxii

One of Freddy's beloved
If they got boosted does that mean the drops have changed in any shape or form?

They have added some patterns for armor, and theres also some new stuff dropping from the dragons. We tryed to kill the alb dragon on Mordred with 2½ well balanced FG's, but we kinda lacked PBAE because 90% of EZ added on us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom