Dragon Raid

O

Ocond

I’m planning a dragon raid next week, Another?... I hear you say?, well yes....Im quite sure if this is successful as previous ones have been we can kill the sod.

It’s going to be for Sunday 23/3/03 (this Sunday) meeting at CWS, 45+ at about 4pm GMT. If your guild can attend, please PM me in game Ocond/Ilmater or reply to this thread.

I think this will be a fun event, and good practice for when we get respec stones, so as said b4. I want to see enough ppl at CWS though, cos too little and we will fail. If anyone has any questions in regard, don’t hesitate to drop me a line.

Thank you
Regards

F

- Fedaykin -

/edit :D (based on artemus post below)

i'll be there :D

A

artemus

respec stones arnt in yet fed srry (wish they were) :)

ill be there and ill hopefully drag the guild along as well

O

old.shotgunstow

If you can bring some mids along so I can get some RPs from ressing you dead dragon-slayers I'd be very grateful. But I'll be there all the same, ressing and laughing at you all getting aoed :p

D

doneagle

be there, and i'll try to bring B&Q alliance

G

g0ldenbone

B&Q?, You planning to build a shed? (j/k)

I'll try and muster some Merry Men for the action as well.

C

ChillyDawg

The Merry (Cunts/Men) will bring a FG or so along for the ride (all 50 or least nearly 50 any hoo)

Good idea ocond, iv been on about three raids and three times i have released form dartmoor, this time WILL be different - maybe...

:)

Dawg

S

stupidshady

well, FL will be there, 1FLG 50 and 1FLG of 50s and 46+

A

Arumar

if kotl are going along, i guess i'd best go so they get their power song... :)

O

Ocond

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
Good idea ocond, iv been on about three raids and three times i have released form dartmoor, this time WILL be different - maybe...

:)

lol, yea.. we will get him, and I will plan these more frequently with the respec stone patch, watch this space!!

BTW I need some sacrafical ppl, to waste the Golestandt's AoE.... u up 4 it Chilly? :p

T

Tilda

Occond:

Albs on Merlin kill the dragon every weekend.

150 players an takes about an hour of constant melee to kill it.

dont use any spell of any kind during dfight an nobody is in a group

only spell, ability RA at all used is rez.

no spells, no chants nothing

outside of battle area have necro feed mana to clerics,friar,pala to rez everyone else melee ONLY.

no spells, no groups, only melee.

after a 1 hour ordeal of melee rez you win

helps to stay behind dragon.

this works every time.

So basically you need to get 150 people, mabey more, to come and melee for an hour ish.
This is 1.60, the dragon only AoE's then when he gets nuked, if hes in melee reage he will just wach you, its the AoE u realy want to avoid him using because its AoE nuke, that does 3500+ dammage a shot on people with 44% heat resist.

Tilda

n.b. i will sticky this if it goes ahead

T

Tilda

and a bit more info:

"Albs on Merlin kill the dragon every weekend.

150 players an takes about an hour of constant melee to kill it.

dont use any spell of any kind during dfight an nobody is in a group

only spell, ability RA at all used is rez.

no spells, no chants nothing

outside of battle area have necro feed mana to clerics,friar,pala to rez everyone else melee ONLY.

no spells, no groups, only melee.

after a 1 hour ordeal of melee rez you win

helps to stay behind dragon.

this works every time."

This is all very good advice except for one thing. You can cast spells, just stay in melee range of the dragon. In fact, EVERYONE should stay in melee range of the dragon. If it still works the way it used to, the only way he (she?) will fire off his AE is if someone out of melee range takes aggro. I was on two successful dragon raids (before 1.60, mind you, so something might have changed), and this is how we did it. Of course, this was also before some other changes (I think they boosted the dragon's defense?) and we dropped him in less than a few minutes. Oh, and this was with about 80-100 people (many low 40s and lower, not just 50s).

"it took 75 people about 20-30 minutes of pure melee to beat him down. Isn't that epic enough, considering that even with 75 people, 1/3rd will be leaving without ANY reward? (And another 1/3rd will likely not get what they came for, which is a respec stone!)"

Um, there are 50 respec stones, 25 of both types, plus around 10 or so items. That's 60 or so people that get something, which only leaves 15 people that walk away empty-handed. That's only one fifth, not one third. Plus, depending on your loot rules and what levels you have on the raid, your chances might be higher. For instance, on our raids, only those 45+ (I think, might have been 40+) could roll for respecs. (The reasoning here is that those lower levels should have respecs already available or available when they hit 40).

BTW, on those two successful raids I was on, I got a respec stone both times. One I used, and one I gave away for a small donation (for crafting). Maybe I was just lucky, but in all honesty, the odds are not that bad. Even if there are 100 people on the raid, your chances of getting the respec stone you want are 1 out of 4 (25 out of 100).

With the right tactics (above) and cooperation, a victory is very likely. So statistically, it should only take you a few raids to get your stone. Theoretically, as time goes on, more and more people will get the stones they need and your chances will go up, but we all know that's not true, since there are the greedy ones that horde stones and sell them on eBay or in game.

O

Ocond

Thx for the info Tilda, and I hope you can attend.

Yes the raid if going ahead as planned.

Drops will be lottoed guild by guild, not person by person, that way we can have a fair coverage. any questions please contact me direct.

Regards

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Excellent advice Tilda !

I guess the only thing left to worry about is hoping that the servers don't crash ! I'm sure they'll be fine with 100 ppl (Emain holds up pretty well with more than that), but I remember on my first dragon raid there were 500+ ppl at CWS and we crashed the servers 3 times lol

O

old.Ramas

Tilda cut and pasted from VN....

""150 players an takes about an hour of constant melee to kill it""

True but as you say this after 1.60 - where the dragon gets upgraded.

Dragon on alb currently survives about 1-2 minutes of attack from 100 or so albs. Assuming the dragon chooses not to immeadiately AoE everyone. Unfortunately if the dragon *does* aoe you all simply die immeadiately. Either way, the whole experience has always been over well inside 5 minutes.

Approach that normally seems to work is to surround the dragon, then get someone you really don't like to charge the dragon solo, get AoEd then have everyone else charge into melee range and attack the dragon with whatever method they like, but stay in melee range, and spam lots of pets and necro debuffs.

If you get real lucky you get an immeadiate repop and so you get to keel the dragon twice.

Important: Everyone stays in melee range.
Not Important: Anything else.

O

Ocond

Yep, that point will be taken in to account.

ps, bump ;)

O

old.Tzeentch

[09:14] * Tzeentch changes topic to 'tilda how come you dont fucking sticky the hib dragon raid threads? =/'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom