Dragon Raid - Friday 21:00cet/ 20:00BST

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Thursdays raid resolved into a method to kill Gjalp relativly easy.

So we're confident with the 2 adds and Gjalp, and now we just need more people to actually show up to the raids!

Warriors, Healers, Shamies and Casters/Hunters

Getting credit without having the character logged in at the time of the kill works nicely, so bring the neat templated Chars'O'Dhoom and just log your alts near the lair.

Phase 1: Cuuld and Gole - needs a bunch of melees and healing
Phase 2: Gjalps - a few tanks, a ton of healers and some casters to kill off the adds.

See you there on Friday, 11th at 21:00cet (20:00BST/GMT)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Just in case - Warlocks are not suited for this raid due to Gole and Cuul having 80% (!) matter resists.

Dunno about Gja though.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Wl

Just in case - Warlocks are not suited for this raid due to Gole and Cuul having 80% (!) matter resists.

ah, well. That's another of mine as a Lair Lurker. Knowing Gjalp she's as bad as anybody's worst nightmare. Strongest possible team to kill her, then whilst she's a corpse, and before her buddies revive, in with the gimps.

:england:

everlastin

Fledgling Freddie
Am in work till9pm bst, but will try to come assist after that as i only need gjalp on sm and warrior

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
will take a while to kill the dragon.

While the dragon itself got seriously high magic resists, the adds don't have those, and that's what the casters are supposed to kill.

the plan is this, kill Cuuldurach and Golestandt like the last couple of times.
clear the lair as much as possible, then send in a tank to beat her up while the Healers stay out of lair at max range and healspam the warrior.

Casters AE the adds that'll spawn under the dragon down.

Hunters should assist with normal shots and a safe distance to the spawning mobs.

For Gjalp group 1 will preferably be made up like this :

3x Warrior
3x active Healers
1x Healer Bot (Celerity inside lair)
1x Shamy (resists, end and DA chant, NO healing but friggs if at all)

1 Warr goes in to beat down the dragon, other 2 stay with the healers for Protects and the Bolstering Battle Roar should they get CCed.

If Warr #1 dies, Warr #2 takes over while Warr #1 gets back up.

Sounds slow? Got her down to 80% within a couple of min that way, then the shamy LDd and tanks died to a double nuke without resists :p

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian,

i was shooting dragon with PB arrow under pot end regen also. Imo this is a better use for hunters, as i tried to shoot adds also - but they died too fast to casters.

Depends on number of casters for add clean though.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
you almost took aggro off from helsk though, so would say normal shot for the first 50%. then PB.

and more Hunters to do that of course! ;)

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
You only need one caster, a supp rm, one confuse on a belly add and it dies.

Fill the rest up with hunters who can blat the dragon from the sides and stealth to shake aggro and it will be much quicker.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Went very very smoothly today :)

- Cloth vest
- Chain Hauberk
- 2h Axe
- Bracelet
- Chain Boots
- SB Legs

a big thanks to everyone that joined :)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
On lotto rules:

I thought over the rules we used yday (a time before i've seen it was like 5 yrs ago - on some TG raid...) - and remembered a thing which i dont like in it. That's the fact that "order of item presentation for roll does matter" - and puts some players in unfavorable conditions.

Example:
4 items for lottoing, person 1 needs item2 most, then item3 and item4. Person 2 needs item3 most, then i2 or i4. Reasons may be various - "this is for main and this is for alt", or "this is a very rare thing, noone sells it, and other can be picked off CM, tho pricy"....it doesnt really matter.

So what we have here?

item1 - both persons skip rolling for it.
And for item2 it starts. Person1 rolls normally - if he wins - he's happy, if he loses - well, 2 more items incoming. And person2 must face a difficult choice - should he roll on i2, possibly win - and forget his chance to get i3 - or skip this roll like with i1.

This is unfair to person2, aint it?

That's the reason i dislike this roll method - and the reason why i asked to use "winners pick" one. And i would like to hear other ppls' opinion on this too.

And anyway, lotto rules are up to RL.

/cheer

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
lotto

Aye, I know where you're coming from. All I was interested in were the Remains which were left to the end. Advantage - not as many people left to roll against. Disadvantage - if you lose at that point, tough. I lost out on all 3. But such is life - raid leader makes the rules and applies 'em - and I'm not complaining. There's always a next time.....

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Lotto is always going to be 'unfair' to those that don't win -their- item.

In your example the only true winner is the one with the highest roll and first pick.

#1 picks the item #1 and #2 wants.

now #2 takes the item #3 wanted and so on.

The 'old' Lotto system forces people to decide if they really want that item they're rolling on. Risk winning an item you don't want, or take your chances too miss out entirely. It's a gamble.

The most 'fair' method is taking modifiers into account, join a raid, win nothing and get a +3 (5/7/10 etc) mod on your roll on the next raid.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Lotto is a gamble by default - why make it dual gamble? This seems to me like going to rvr and swinging unstyled - hey, perhaps each strike will come with perfect crit!

Oh well. Point taken.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Ffa

The most 'fair' method is taking modifiers into account, join a raid, win nothing and get a +3 (5/7/10 etc) mod on your roll on the next raid.

:) I still have a loonngg list of mods from the FFA ML10 raids of many moons ago. I have to say that the FFA method encourages people to attend again and again (and not roll willy nilly) in order to get high enough mod to win a particular item - a good idea with ML10 if you're going to Astralise your templates. And ofc, if you win, your mod goes back to 0 so the same toon cannot keep winning. Downside : some sucker - erm.. dedicated raid leader - has to save the chat log, edit it and publish the mods each week...

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Fairness

Lotto is always going to be 'unfair' to those that don't win -their- item.

Nah - I haven't yet won the dragon remains I'm after, but your lottos have always been oki by me - even though Haldar pipped me by 1 point on one occasion, and a late roller (that's something that should be stopped - no rolls to be counted after the winner announced, or the 'yell' appears) got me on another. That's just the (bad)luck of the draw - no point in whining - move on to the next time...:)

ps I got some uber items for swap with anyone wants to part with Cuuldurach or new Gjalp Remains....;)

kivik

Part of the furniture
You only need one caster, a supp rm, one confuse on a belly add and it dies.

Fill the rest up with hunters who can blat the dragon from the sides and stealth to shake aggro and it will be much quicker.

What he said.

You only really need 3 healers, 2 shammies, 1 warrior, 1 RM, 3 hunters and a couple of random dps classes as a base, then you can add up with more random classes and hunters for larger raids.

Ran plenty of DRs on US and will happily make you a short guide if you want. We normally kill Gjalp 3-4 times each raid, which takes about 3-4h. Recently we also started doing minis run in between the kills (1 minirun = dragon repop) to get more of the Flame Wrought Cloaks, Soulbinder's Belt and the Luminescent Diamond Necklaces. Works great.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the "how" is not the problem, the "who" is.

No Hunters, no Supp RM and it doesn't work all that great anymore. Getting the people together is the greatest problem, then getting people that have a template suitable for Dragon Raids is the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom