Dragon Raid Black List

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yep, i'm sad it's had to come to this, but to be blunt i'm fucking sick of people signing up and thinking it's ok to just not turn up. Would it really[i/] hurt to PM myself, post a note here, or leave a message with a guild member?. No, i think not. So here it is, based upon raids i've lead. Now, it is also based on the reputation each individual has. For example, Butcher did not turn up to this raid tonight for a reason which i'm yet to hear, although based on his previous attendance which is impeccable. Hence he is not listed and will not be unless he really fucks up.

The Black List

Boombaang
Cinderella
Talya
Chuckhes
Fratus

This is all so far, although it will grow in time, fear not. The penalty for this is not a ban as such, but serves as a warning for other raid leaders. I'm sure theres more, but i cba to find them.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jeeves said:
Is it just me who thinks you're a penis?

probably not but can i think your one? No reason other then your not taking it from the side of the raid leader but the lazy sods ;)

It understandable to miss a raid if something comes up, if it was unavoidable you explain why it was so when you get a chance to the raid leader and there is no problem. If you just think "Fuck it, I cant be bothered now. I just wont do anything" then I would also stop inviting you along. The reason is that you select people and turn others away. People then dont turn up and you already cut of some people that may turn up as they didnt bother logging in knowing they werent on the raid. This means you have to then spend time finding people to replace them and wait for them to arrive, all in all it will mean a MINIMUM of 15minutes delay due to the search and travel time.

This then can have a knock on effect of others having to leave as they cant wait for a replacement and then head of to do what they meant to. So the raid gets more and more delayed and it is a major annoyance for the organiser. If you cut out the people you know for a fact dont care it means that you limit the chances of being screwed about a little bit more.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Jeeves, to put it in your terms, fuck you noob mkay?.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Good, i don't and never have liked you.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
Jeeves, to put it in your terms, fuck you noob mkay?.

Vlad, dont stoop down to that level with him. It aint worth it. Stop acting your age :p Just let it go past you. Afteral how he replied shows the sort of person he is, aint worth bothering with him.

Xyliana

One of Freddy's beloved
Vladamir, I am really about tonight my main pc was down and when Zip pmed me on the other one I was still sorting my main out in the other room. I am sorry that the DR did not go well and that I did not have a way to contact you

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Vlad, dont stoop down to that level with him. It aint worth it. Stop acting your age :p Just let it go past you. Afteral how he replied shows the sort of person he is, aint worth bothering with him.

what he means is...

Don't:
home_logo.gif

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jeeves said:
Is it just me who thinks you're a penis?

Jeeves, try running a signup raid, then try running another, then when you have ran asmany as Vlad feel free to critisise the generation of a black list when people dont show up.

Public raids - not a problem, but signup ones with limited space are

Jeeves

Banned
I have led more raids than you ever will have, more successful raids than you ever will have, and not only can I do it with selected people but also with randoms. I am the PvE God.
Yes...that's right...I am Roga in diguise. :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jeeves said:
I have led more raids than you ever will have, more successful raids than you ever will have, and not only can I do it with selected people but also with randoms. I am the PvE God.

Such a good lier too

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Jeeves said:
Jeeves sends, "MAKEML8FORMEPLZ"

^_^

[Cinderella]

Fledgling Freddie
i had no electricity so how am i gonna let anyone know i cant come? :(
sat by comp w8ing for it to come back til an hour after raid started, then i gave up

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
[Cinderella] said:
i had no electricity so how am i gonna let anyone know i cant come? :(
sat by comp w8ing for it to come back til an hour after raid started, then i gave up

And this is the exact reason why you can't make blacklists for raids in a game.

1000's of players from 20 different countries ... players in the same group that are really 2500 km's apart...

Things happen .. like electricity failing ... earthquakes ... you name it ...

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Vald, don't start raids on Thursday please. It's our guildday. Best day for dragonraids for us is the Sunday. Lot's of EL can sign up then and you know we will be there :fluffle:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Shanaia said:
And this is the exact reason why you can't make blacklists for raids in a game.

1000's of players from 20 different countries ... players in the same group that are really 2500 km's apart...

Things happen .. like electricity failing ... earthquakes ... you name it ...

this doesnt effect blacklists to be honest. As long as it a good reason the list can be edited off so that they arent blacklisted. If they keep coming up with an excuse you then blacklist them. It seems good enough for me.

Though i would say one thing vlad. Just keep the list more personal then on a forum, just make a document for yourself and add/remove names as feel fit. And then you just dont pick them people in future even if they do post to sign up.

[Cinderella]

Fledgling Freddie
imo ive been on over 50 dr´s and this is the second time ive had no chance to inform that im not been able to come. just think it feels abit harsh to be blacklisted on forum becouse of it. ask bubble if ive ever not shown up on any of her raids. and ive signed up on most of them and attended. and everytime i couldnt ive posted in good time befor raid. There is always a very good reason for me not showing up without giving notice.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Raid leaders tend to make their own black lists, there really shouldnt need to be such a public display. Personaly i wouldnt black list someone from a signup only raid unless they failed to show numerous times without reason.... or if they stole malice :touch:

Electricity gets cut off
Subs run out and page is down
People just cant make it home from work in time

Still, every leader has their rules, and if we dont accept them - dont signup

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
I think you'd be hard pushed to find another cleric as reliable as Cinders.

Their incredably loyal, a real dimond in the ruff.

Shame that this blacklist is flawed in respect to no point system. Guess you have alot of good RR/experianced clerics to take their place.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Krissy actually we did fine without all the higher RR classes and we do 99% of the time. I'd rather people left me to lead my raids my way and if you don't like it don't signup, simple as. And as for Cinders yes i know she is one of the most reliable people in game so i retract my comment Cindy :wub:. From now on though, those selected for my raids will be entirely personal, not so much of a first come first serve basis.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
I'd rather people left me to lead my raids my way and if you don't like it don't signup, simple as.

If you post a public blacklist you are going to get responses, some good some bad.

Blacklists are all well and good, but I dont think it's fair to "name and shame" by flaunting on a public forum, then ask people to let you do things how you want.

As a couple of others have said above, probably best to keep a private list and/or deal with people privately.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair - he did state in the title of the post is a Dragon Raid Black List and not a public one, the name slisted are banned from his raids, the only public part is knowing these people signed up and didnt show up - other raid leaders take that info... or leave it....

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Those who organise regular raids will know the importance of a blacklist to exclude people who are unreliable.

If you sign up, then turn up. If you don't turn up to a dragon raid then you're wasting the time of 23 other people who have to wait around to try and get a replacement.

If you're unsure that you're able to attend - don't fucking sign up in the first place. Simple, isn't it?

Zede

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
Those who organise regular raids will know the importance of a blacklist to exclude people who are unreliable.

If you sign up, then turn up. If you don't turn up to a dragon raid then you're wasting the time of 23 other people who have to wait around to try and get a replacement.

If you're unsure that you're able to attend - don't fucking sign up in the first place. Simple, isn't it?

The people that I know sign up to every raid they want to on with the best intentions. We live complicted lives....and sometimes, as they say "shit happens" - its unfortunate, but true.

Its not worth banning anyone, as its the start of slippery slope :( imo alot of people may actually be put off coming to these raids, as they know potentially something may crop up irl, and you will be banned anyway because say, your dog got ran over and had to got the vets - yes BELIEVE it raid leaders - RL does exist, as yes it can effect the game !

The real sign of a good raid leader imo is tolerance :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom