Dragon Empires from codemasters

O

old.Ibuki

i dont know if any has read/heard/seen stuff about this game, but i couldnt help noticing how cool it looks, i know dont just judge a game about its looks, but still, it looks good: just look at the sky effects! :>

pic3.jpg

Dragon Empires

and omg the movie clip is good :clap:

O

old.Xarr

saw the vid, looks kinda snaxy. but the models did look a bit outdated if you compare them to the new breed of mmorpgs coming out (star wars: galaxies, everquest 2, asheron's call 2). but like they say, graphics are only 10% of a mmorpg. gameplay and balance weighs out the rest i think.

O

old.Ibuki

*scottish voice* BUT LEWK AT THEM CLOWDS, GREAAAAT

O

old.Hellskor

hmm, the games from Codemaster never look really good ... but are a helluva lot of fun most of the time imo.

O

old.Xarr

hehe ibuki, when you wrote that i imagined groundskeeper willie from the simpsons saying that :D

O

old.Ibuki

lol, i was thinking more billy coneley :rolleyes:

*lotto!*
*GREAAAAT, whos fo a darink*

S

Spudgie

They've been sending me work in progress e-mails for nearly a year now. I've beta tested alot of MMORPG's but this one is starting to look like a good'un

E

Elric IA

The only Codemasters game I have is Colin Mcrae 2 and that is quite good . the graphics are helped if you have a goo dcomputer but the gamplay is excellent.

Those graphics look great but as the other posters mentioned, gamplay is important as well. Screensavers have great graphics but not much fun to play LOL

O

old.cerebus

When I hear codemasters, I just get nightmares of Micro machines. :D

O

old.Raziel

Already in the beta for it (as well as I.G.I 2:) )

cant wait, i think it will rival Shadowbane more than DAOC tho

O

old.Ibuki

Originally posted by cerebus

looooool micro machines owns you, u HAVE to admit it, shifting around the pool table trying to dodge the tomato ketchup :clap:

S

snox

Originally posted by cerebus

Ahh the hours i have put into that game =)

S

snox

Originally posted by Tasans
Registered for beta
/em hopes

Me to but read the forums its a open beta from the start =D

O

old.Xarr

ahhh, micro machines... now that certainly brings back old memories :)

very cool to see that codemasters is alive and kickin'. i will certainly try out dragon empires if it's open beta :)

T

Tasans

If they can actually implement those things they are talking about, its going to be a kickass game.

S

SFXman

Funny how I got a mail from codemasters about that, titled something in the direction of "Dear Beta Tester" or something in that general direction :)
I didn't know I was signed up :D

S

SFXman

Ah, just watched the E3 trailer...all I can say is that the scenery and all look very amazing but the character models move EXTREMELY unnaturally and they don't look very good either. Although the skeletons in that picture do look quite nice...

O

old.Raziel

dont expect the beta any time soon tho, they were going to give us the beta code for I.G.I 2 in march and we still dont have it :)

but the game does look nice, (DE that is) been following it for quite some time now, altho codemasters haven't been doing much of PR job for it, but then they never do, and there games still do well

S

Seyrcim

Well, all I can say is I don't expect any software company to deliver anything on time so ;)

Anyways, I will take a peek at it, and I am sure a few others from the guild will also. Just remains to be seen when that will happen =)

S

SFXman

Might look nice in that picture but the video that showed the dudes fighting and running... almost made me laugh. But the jaw dropping surroundings had the opposite effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom