Dragon Empires canned

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Hearing a rumour that DE has been shelved.

Is it true?

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
I read the parent company filed for Chapter 11 which is liek going bankrupt or sumething, means potentia of future funding to get the game live adn then develop it further is in doubt.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
This belongs in Off-topic where there are multiple threads about it.

fortunefish

Banned
CENSIIIIII

its jonneh

dont use msn anymore so pm me on here and we talk sum time k

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Solid said:
I read the parent company filed for Chapter 11 which is liek going bankrupt or sumething, means potentia of future funding to get the game live adn then develop it further is in doubt.
Chapter 11 is bankruptcy protection - basically stops your creditors from taking the cash you owe out of your hide. ;)

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
The email sent by Codemasters:

Dragon Empires newsletter - 3rd September

It is with much regret that we have today announced that we have now ceased further development of Dragon Empires due to technical issues we have recently experienced with the game.

This of course is extremely sad news for everyone concerned with the game. For regular visitors of our forums, these will remain active for the foreseeable future to give you the opportunity to give your feedback and keep in touch with your fellow Dragon Empires community members.

We are still very much committed to entering the MMORPG market and are currently evaluating other potential opportunities, keep your eyes and ears open for news in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for all your loyalty and support over the previous years and we only wish we could have rewarded your passion and enthusiasm with the final game.

Best Wishes,

The Dragon Empires Team

To unsubscribe from this newsletter send an email with 'unsubscribe' in the subject to decommunity@codemasters.com. The email must come from the account from which you receive the Dragon Empires newsletter or you will NOT be unsubscribed. Removing yourself from this list will also remove you from the beta test.

To avoid our emails being seen as junk, please add our "from" address to your address book.

© 2004 The Codemasters Software Company Limited ("Codemasters"). All rights reserved. "Codemasters"® is a registered trademark owned by Codemasters. "Dragon Empires"(tm) is a trademark of Codemasters. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.Privacy Policy.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Khale said:
The email sent by Codemasters:

Well, it didn't bode well when the head honcho moved to australia to kick back and get married ...

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
svartalf said:
Well, it didn't bode well when the head honcho moved to australia to kick back and get married ...

Or rather the community liaison officer Calistas moved back to New Zealand to get married ;)

Far as I understand it, they're citing technical reasons for the cancellation.

Personally I reckon they just killed off most enthusiasm for it by having a rotten lore writer who failed to bring any depth or excitement to the backstory of Fortitude and who made me go from avidly following any progress on this game for over two years to not really being that bothered anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom