Dragon Empires Canceled

Gamah

Banned
Sep 3rd 2004, 13:22 GMT
Dragon Empires development ceased due to technical issues
Codemasters has taken the decision to cancel further development of Dragon Empires, the company’s massively multiplayer online role playing project.

Dragon Empires received incredible support from its online community and won acclaim from PC and online media while in development. However, technical issues have resulted in the project’s discontinuation.

Many of the game’s development team, including programmers and artists, are being transferred to Codemasters’ internal development studios to work on current and future titles.

The decision to close Dragon Empires’ development does not impact on Codemasters’ long-term ambitions in the massively multiplayer online gaming market and the company remains very active in evaluating future opportunities.

The Dragon Empires website and its popular community forums will remain live at www.codemasters.com/dragonempires for the immediate future

http://www.codemasters.com/dragonempires/index.php?id=510

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
another one bites the dust...

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
It was looking good too. Like what Shadowbane should've been :/

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Natural Selection if you ask me.
They whipped all the hype and community interest well over a year ago, but then waited far far too long to deliver anything. They missed their chance and paid the price.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
im happy another game i wanted to play which i didnt want to play ^^

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Shame really they did have a good MMORPG in the making.
I have a feeling there will be more MMORPG's to follow in the footsteps of Ultima X: Odyssey and Dragon Empires.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Vepo said:
Shame really they did have a good MMORPG in the making.
I have a feeling there will be more MMORPG's to follow in the footsteps of Ultima X: Odyssey and Dragon Empires.

Agreed, Dark and Light will probably be next sadly :( Another game that doesn't seem to have moved on in over a year. All that work wasted, Dragon Empires looked like it could be a winner as well :(

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
DE looked very promising but I just knew it would never actually go live. Just way too many fantasy genre mmorpg's coming out, the competition would have been too hard to really make profit.

Sad thing :(

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Middle Eearth Online and D&D Online will be next followed by Matrix Online. And don't forget Dark & Light.

I'm just praying that Darkfall Online won't be cancelled, looking forward to that.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
sucks,was looking forward to that one but saw it comming for a while now. :(

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
OMG u know what this means ....We all gonna be playing DAOC till we are old folks :0

Tilda

That sucks :(
I truly hope D&L and MEOnline arnt canceled :(

Tilda

Cyfr

Banned
*join in tRoG's prayers.. and pray for fonz to come back! I miss him :(*

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:

You live near him iirc, go forth and plaster all lamposts with "We crave for thee, Fonzeh!" posters.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:

Fonz will never return, he on a Island surrounded by women now i bet.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
according to the official community manager:

"They probably hit some sort of wall in server coding, meaning they'll have to do everything from scratch again."

looks like all the poor members of the community are in grief....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
One game that won't be cancelled is Guildwars, only 8 weeks till public beta opens 3 days a month and they have a business model that could actually change the way MMORPG's are paid for in the future :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom