Draft Divisions

O

old.amoeba

Why do we have CO and MR12 rules - I thought MR12 was the standard these days?

Other than that - I want to see us in!

B

bigfoot

Rogue1 was faced with a difficult decision, the top clans in the league all wanted MR12 it seems but outside the top level there was a mixture with CO actually being more popular lower down the divisions. He'd probably explain it better but his aim is to accomodate players who like both types.

R

RogueOne

Aye... bigfoot sums it up pretty much perfectly there. Several clans had threatened to leave the league if I took it MR12, while several more had threatened to do so if I took it CO. Given that keeping the clan turnover as low as possible is good for BWCSL in that it means we get the benefit of more stable divisions, I thought it best to try and please as many people as possible.

The high level clans were indeed mostly demanding MR12. However, from division 2 level on down, there was a split in preference for rules. As you know, I recently mailed all clans on the waiting list asking for some details, including their CO/MR12 preference. This revealed that just over 60% preferred CO. Among the clans who competed in the league last season, the demand for CO was as high at 75%. Therefore, it seemed to me to be most sensible to offer the choice of scoring systems at all levels of the league. To force all clans to use MR12 scoring simply because the CPL uses it, particularly when most of the lower division clans are much less likely to have any real interest in the CPL just didn't seem fair.

Users who are viewing this thread