Dr Who

Ezteq

Queen of OT
LMAO i was just about to do a post about that!!!

flipping fantastic loved it, christopher eccelston made an ace dr and i was so impressed with billie piper, i must admit i didnt think either of them would be very good when i heard who was in the new series but they totally rocked, there were some episodes that had me hiding behind a cushion (aaaah so many memories) namely the one with the kid in the gas mask. Hope the new guy is just as good though.....................................

its a sign your getting older when the Dr Who's seem to be getting younger.

p.s captain jack fwoooooor!!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
p.s captain jack fwoooooor!!

I've gotten drunk with him on a number of occasions and seen him in his underwear (not that you needed to know that)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yaruar said:
I've gotten drunk with him on a number of occasions and seen him in his underwear (not that you needed to know that)

i do i do i need to know it!! infact im doing a paper on john barroman for an open university course in hotties...... now in order to pass i need details on his choice in under garments and pictures to illustrate exactly how this man operates, i gotta pass man i just gotta i got a starving family to provide for, dont just do it for me man do it for my kids!!!!!!!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i thought the episode yesterday sucked
acting was poor and god of the dareks wtf
altho maybe i just happened to watch the only one that was shite in the series..

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Been hearing lots about Dr. Who at work from people so I thought I'd watch it yesterday. I don't watch much TV but I have to admit it was pretty dire. Effects were ok but dialog and story were awful. I can see how fans of the original would love it though, I'm guessing it's meant to be very tongue in cheek :-P

Either that or like Chronic says I just picked a bad one to watch!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Problem was yesterdays was part 2 of a two parter, so if its the first one you watched then its going to appear below par.

Still confused over the whole bad wolf thing, I mean if Rose used time travel to place clues in the past to direct her to the present - isnt that a paradox ?

And why did the tardis go spinning through space smashing into the Daleks rockets before materialising on the mother ship - surely it could have just materialised there (which was a good way to save Rose - 10/10 for that)

If i was the self appointed God of Daleks, or simply one of the drones at the end - you wouldnt souround your mortal enemy for a chat, youd blow his head off as soon as you came round the corner.

Cant wait for the xmass special :)

Cybermen make a return in series 2 apparently - woooooohoooo

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Tears i think (and i could be wrong) that the Bad Wolf message was left by the tardiss, remember its alive and when rose was speaking it was actually the tardis speaking through her (hence the light coming outta her eyes and why she didnt remember anything when she woke up).

The series is tounge in cheek, your not going to get hollywood effects so some of it is going to look pretty ropey (this is where imagination and the knowledge that its a tv show so suspend your disbelief comes in handy) as for the dialogue ok it was cheesy in places but hell i enjoyed it, it was also very very funny and a big :worthy: to whoever thought up the game station reality shows the ann-droid was great there was a real sence of fun in the whole series im glad it didnt get too serious and dissapear up its own arse the great thing is they didnt soften it up for todays veiwers they had people dying left right and center and didnt dumb it down (though tbh it isnt really supposed to be 100% believeable imo).

BIG shudder @ cybermen coming back, they used to creep me right out and if theyve been updated as the daleks have been it should be very good.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
And why did the tardis go spinning through space smashing into the Daleks rockets before materialising on the mother ship - surely it could have just materialised there (which was a good way to save Rose - 10/10 for that)

If i was the self appointed God of Daleks, or simply one of the drones at the end - you wouldnt souround your mortal enemy for a chat, youd blow his head off as soon as you came round the corner.

a). A diversionary tactic, the dalek ship needs to lower its shields to fire (come on watch any sci/fi), thereby allowing the tards to teleport in.

b). They tried, he had a forcefield :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was a great comeback. They retained enough of the old doctor who, while shifting it into the 21'st century in terms of script and effects. I cant imagine how they could have done it better without alienating some part of the mass market more. Compared to any of the more recent doctors, this one rocked in my book :)

The only thing I didnt like is the messing around with whats 'inside' the tardis, that white glow mysticism time void whatever bollocks really didnt work for me, and they got rid of the special 'null field' or whatever it was that existed in the tardis and was supposed to prevent any type of violence taking place (guns, hostage situations etc).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
a). A diversionary tactic, the dalek ship needs to lower its shields to fire (come on watch any sci/fi), thereby allowing the tards to teleport in.

b). They tried, he had a forcefield :)

a) Its a device that can move you to any point in space at any time - im sure he could get through regardless of shields :) but I'll go with that hehe

b) I ment at the end, when hes standing there with the pludger calling himself a coward.

ARGH 6 months with no DrWho and then only an xmass special then more waiting till series 2 - nooooooooooooo

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
even though, of all the episodes the first one was, imo, the worst, it was one line in that episodes that made me realise that Christopher Ecclestone was an awesome doctor was when he wasw runnin to the roof, after first meeting The Doctor - he runs through the room, telling her the worlds about to end, then stops, poked his head back around the door and says, "Oh, i'm The Doctor, by the way - what's your name?", "Rose Tyler", "Well it's very nice to meet you Rose Tyler... Run for your life!!" and he grins and waves as he legs it - he's got the good bits of Tom Baker, the intelligence of Peter Davidson, and none of the querky, nasty voice of Sylvester McCoy :D

i liked him, sad he's gone - hope the new ones as good :m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:
dont just do it for me man do it for my kids!!!!!!!

What the heck did you mate with to get kids like that?;)

attachment.php

:wij:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i loved the new series of Dr. Who, was great :p

thought Eccleston (sp?) was great with that manic grin :D

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Am I the only one that liked the old series more? :(

Tom Baker as doctor > all other. ;)

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
Am I the only one that liked the old series more? :(

Tom Baker as doctor > all other. ;)

see, i love Tom too - mad as a lorry though he is - but i think it's more the fact that finally a doctor has come along who's as good as Baker, which hasn't happened yet, imo.

Davidson wasn't bad, but he was just a bit too... timid? The one whos name i can NEVER remember, but was a fat dude with a burly blonde perm/'fro, and wore Tom Bakers cast offs. Sylvester McCoy just didnt cut it, full stop. And don't even mention that nasty, yankenated "made for teevee" film with one of the McGann brothers... was just rubbish. CE makes a GREAT Dr Who!!! :cheers:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Tom Baker was my fave Dr Who

The current one's OK tho

Wached a few episodes of the recent series. Maybe I'm getting old or something - I just didn't enjoy them - where's Tom Baker and his jelly babies when u need him?

Jelly babies > all other chewy candies.
Chocolate rules tho

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
i do i do i need to know it!! infact im doing a paper on john barroman for an open university course in hotties...... now in order to pass i need details on his choice in under garments and pictures to illustrate exactly how this man operates, i gotta pass man i just gotta i got a starving family to provide for, dont just do it for me man do it for my kids!!!!!!!

The only things i can remember is that he's exceptionally nice, a great singer and actor, very generous and purely to dissapoint the laydees has been going out with the same guy for over 10 years now (last i heard anyway)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yaruar said:
The only things i can remember is that he's exceptionally nice, a great singer and actor, very generous and purely to dissapoint the laydees has been going out with the same guy for over 10 years now (last i heard anyway)
i can do the guy thing.... well i usually end up peeing in my shoe if i do it stood up but hay whos perfect!

if you do bump in to him again could'ya just mention how fab his char was in dr who imo and captain jack should get his own show :D

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
i can do the guy thing.... well i usually end up peeing in my shoe if i do it stood up but hay whos perfect!

if you do bump in to him again could'ya just mention how fab his char was in dr who imo and captain jack should get his own show :D

The type of character was always set out by the BBC, they needed someone with a gun whos not affraid to use it someone to back up the cowardly Dr, but have to agree with you he played it so well definetly deserves to come back in series 2 at least :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom