DR cd's won't work in laptop

Blackstuff

Fledgling Freddie
I bought a couple for copies of DR - one for main account on desktop pc and other for my bot account that I play off my laptop.

My problem is that the desktop account upgraded just fine but my laptop refuses to see either set of DR cd's.

I tried installing other games just in case the optical drive was knackered but it reads other cd's just fine. The problem is only with DR cd's - can't even see them via Explorer.

Apart from writing off the cost of the cd purchase and d/l the upgrade does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong here?

Laptop is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D in case that helps.

Cheers in advance.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Sure they are cd's and not dvd's ? i dont have DR myself but Catas was on like 5 discs?, maybe they needed a DVD for this expansion? ;)

You can share the cd/dvd in your desktop pc, and connect to the share from your laptop and install them that way as a workaround.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Easiest way of getting it onto the Laptop sounds like it'd be to copy the Camelot directory from the Desktop.

Camelot doesn't need to be 'installed' to run, so you can copy the directory over, and never have to install it from the CD. That also means your Laptop will be patched to the same level as your Desktop at the same time.

Darzil

Eyres

Banned
if the drive your trying to use to install it with is a DVD drive they seem to have problems with CDs with large compressed files on them, had this problems with a couple of games but dont know how to solve it apart from finding another way to install the game or transfering the game folder from another PC or such

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom