DR available on Play.com on 03/02/06

Bahumat

FH is my second home
thats cause our fucking shite country has to sell games on a friday as opposed to their release date.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
thats cause our fucking shite country has to sell games on a friday as opposed to their release date.

A popular misconception - there is no law that states this. It is a convention on the part of publishers and game shops. Just as a similar convetion applies to DvDs being released on a Monday but some 'big' titles choose to release on a Friday instead.

If I remember correctly the PSP (and its associated software titles) launched on a Thursday in the UK.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
UK players will be able to get hold of the expansion for the 1st Feb. We'll be making an official announcement about this on our site probably next week.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:
I got it already :)

will be ready on the first GET IN!!

NOOO - i'll be first - already got it installed - just waiting for my key and away i go :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
really dont know why people are making it hard for themselves, play.com will not have it on the 1/2 even if they do it will take a few days to get to you, you will end up getting it a week after it goes live, just DL it and buy the CD key from GOA, that way you can be playing as soon as the server comes online.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
really dont know why people are making it hard for themselves, play.com will not have it on the 1/2 even if they do it will take a few days to get to you, you will end up getting it a week after it goes live, just DL it and buy the CD key from GOA, that way you can be playing as soon as the server comes online.

but your forgeting that the servers will probably be down for a week anyway due to crashes, so by the time play delivers DR you will be able to play it anyway :)

:m00:

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

hehe a good choise for them who whants it on 01/02 and cant w8 a day.

personly i w8 until it comes in the shop here in Norway (may take long dunno ). I must have the retail version dunno why thats just me :p

btw dunno if this is said anything about on the net but i couldnt find the info. Here is the question
If i buy one of them nice horsies to 15 p and do the quests on My thane and my BB can i switch the horsie between the chars?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
scorge said:
but your forgeting that the servers will probably be down for a week anyway due to crashes, so by the time play delivers DR you will be able to play it anyway :)

this is the EU, not the US. We don't need daily patches to fix e.g. "not being able to see all your abilities" - version we get is stable.

UK distribution's always a pain in teh arse but I don't remember ever having problems with the servers going down due to new expansions.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I think GOA should start selling online keys a week before the expansion goes live. Then the sub pages won´t crasch at release date :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
this is the EU, not the US. We don't need daily patches to fix e.g. "not being able to see all your abilities" - version we get is stable.

UK distribution's always a pain in teh arse but I don't remember ever having problems with the servers going down due to new expansions.

theres always a first :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
xxManiacxx said:
I think GOA should start selling online keys a week before the expansion goes live. Then the sub pages won´t crasch at release date :)
That would be very smart.
I dont think the dl servers will crash, as its so easy to DL it from US and just change the patch version. So only the sub server to worry about.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
im gonna buy a key on main acc so i can get on the irst day and retail for bb acc if i decid to upgrade it too. wanna damn nice looking box

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
xxManiacxx said:
that would involve GOA actually thinking about it, not going to happen :(

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
im gonna buy a key on main acc so i can get on the irst day and retail for bb acc if i decid to upgrade it too. wanna damn nice looking box

hehe i think that way too, i dont feel good about buying the right to download and play a game , i wanna feel the box :p

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Ordered one copy from Play so I have a box to go with all the other boxes I've got of DAoC games (urm 9 at last count I think) and will just buy online licences for my main accounts.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Cadiva said:
Ordered one copy from Play so I have a box to go with all the other boxes I've got of DAoC games (urm 9 at last count I think) and will just buy online licences for my main accounts.
what he said ^^

how do you download it ahead of time? any links etc, or do I need to make a copy of my cats folder and fiddle with the update.dat to do it? Any help with that please :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:

I actually think this is an outstanding idea. In fact in would make Game release day a walk in the park.

Buy the license a week before, and it become active on the.

I will be doing the standard ... buy 1 copy from shop and 1 copy from goa .. which I hope increases the profit from the game release, without having to take into account distrubtion margin and manufacturing costs of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom