[WITCH ELF] DPS from stealth

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
What is the opening style WE's use from stealth and the follow-ups that allow them to do well over 2000 damage in under 5 seconds at level 21?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I think it's called "Nerf Bat"!

Sorry, I couldn't really reisist, each time I get popped on a healer I think "oh shit, I'm so dead".

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's called "Nerf Bat"!

Sorry, I couldn't really reisist, each time I get popped on a healer I think "oh shit, I'm so dead".

Yep, thats pretty much what happens to me. I was just curious as to what opener and follow-up they use to try and find out if they are positional and/or avoidable.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not even close to 20 yet, but at 12 I only have one (I think) positional style... BUT... we do have a buff on a cooldown that allows positional styles to be used out of position which might be what you are getting.... I can't really comment further being a lowbie :)

Selenia

Regular Freddie
I'd say you're being hit by someone using 2x high DPS daggers (I think you can get 25-29.0 DPS at level 21), opening from stealth with "Enfeebling Strike", followed up with "Kiss of Agony" and then "Envenomed Blade". I find that combination usually takes down casters extremely fast as they run away and cause their own deaths, less so with tanks as they'll stand their ground :) The extra DPS you get from renown strength helps as well.

If they're hitting you for this and you're a caster, then your Witch Hunters aren't doing a very good job at defending you as the ability can only be used from stealth.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Gotfried is a TWAT. :) Was in scenario today, ALL he did was come after me.. Stealth, attack (me die) him rest, repeat. Sheesh :(

THOUGH, I do love the fact that I can stand in the middle of a battle and heal o_O everyone seems to ignore that I'm there XD Is nice

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Short version, there isnt :p The opener does crap damage but gives an effect and lower AP drain. The next hit is ordinary damage that gives us a +dmg chance on hit and another effect (initiative steal or -healing). So you basically take no dmg for the first 3 seconds. However, the hurt sets in after this, 2x weapon hits + procs + crit dmg boost tactic ofc.
The thing that sounds like a swarm of demented insects attacking you means STAND STILL! :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Short version, there isnt :p The opener does crap damage but gives an effect and lower AP drain. The next hit is ordinary damage that gives us a +dmg chance on hit and another effect (initiative steal or -healing). So you basically take no dmg for the first 3 seconds. However, the hurt sets in after this, 2x weapon hits + procs + crit dmg boost tactic ofc.
The thing that sounds like a swarm of demented insects attacking you means STAND STILL! :)

Aye, i have learnt much since originally posting this.

Anytime a WE pops i look to see what effects he/she has sprung on me before i do anything :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anytime a WE pops i look to see what effects he/she has sprung on me before i do anything :)

Noooo!!! Run away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah against most casters WH/WE use the ability from stealth which is "if target moves they take damage". Ever noticed when you run off you see tons of 100 dmg scrolling above your head?

It's a lvl 20 ability on WH iirc

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yeah against most casters WH/WE use the ability from stealth which is "if target moves they take damage". Ever noticed when you run off you see tons of 100 dmg scrolling above your head?

It's a lvl 20 ability on WH iirc

Yeah it's level 20. Best opener on melee too tbh ^^

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
When I realize the wh's put that on my marauder, I just stand still and kill them. Works most of the time unless the wh is much higher level. There are times you might want to prevent the melee guy from running, then you should use it, but otherwise you should use the one that gives them damage when they use melee abilities I guess (we's have this, I reckon wh's do too?).

Afran

Part of the furniture
When I realize the wh's put that on my marauder, I just stand still and kill them. Works most of the time unless the wh is much higher level. There are times you might want to prevent the melee guy from running, then you should use it, but otherwise you should use the one that gives them damage when they use melee abilities I guess (we's have this, I reckon wh's do too?).

Thing is most people still don't realise it does damage when they run, thus they don't stand still. Even most of those people that do realise, I've had run towards me after applying it with me throwing my dagger at them. Although, yeah, vs someone half decent, the other opener is better in most cases.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
but otherwise you should use the one that gives them damage when they use melee abilities I guess (we's have this, I reckon wh's do too?).

Yup we get that, called something like Heretic Burn Armour

Thatelf

Fledgling Freddie
What is the opening style WE's use from stealth and the follow-ups that allow them to do well over 2000 damage in under 5 seconds at level 21?
There isn't one..it is impossible for a WE to do 2k damage in 5 seconds...there is a 1.5second cooldown.Enfeebling strike from stealth=damage while you are moving but it will not add upto 2k in 5seconds.A ss of your combat log showing this ubber damage in 5seconds would be great because at that rate a lvl21 out damages me at lvl40 i would love to know his set up at such a low lvl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom