Downloading all XP hotfixes

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Some advice,

My girlfriend's grandparents have a Dell PC running Windows XP Home edition, but since they've got it (About a year ago) it's not had a single update. It has about 30 odd meg of critical patches and updates needed. This would be ok on broadband, but they're on AOL dialup (cue Psycho violins) which isn't ideal for downloading over 30 Mb of patches (they're on some shitty £5.99 a month deal which gets them piss-all free minutes).

Is there an option to download the whole set of patches and installing them all manually? I have SP1 saved to disk for my own PC, so i shall burn that to CD and take that over, but there are still all the critical patches to be sorted. I've had a rummage on Microsoft's website and I don't see an option to download all the critical updates, or even an option to download the service pack as a seperate .exe (other than the 130 Mb corporate one).

I might add that they are extremely PC illiterate, so they are unable to do this themselves.

Anyone help?

G

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Try http://www.autopatcher.com. Automated utility that contains all the critical patches, recommended patches and miscilanious stuff.

Did find that you have to be a bit restrained when using it though, we ran it on a friends laptop last night and although we'd chosen pretty much everything, not all of it installed first time around. (.NET Framework for sure). But anyway, that contains everything you could possibly want patch wise, and gets updated about every 2 months with the lastest patches.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Cheers Shovel, that's exactly what i was looking for.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom