Download files

M

mbisiker

Ive recently moved to uni and had to buy a new computer which isnt really a problem the problem comes when i find that at the halls im staying at i have to pay 3p a minute for a mesely 56k connection which i hope you will all agree is a hell of alot. Now i dont mind to much but i come to download the 18mb patch so that i can play SI i realise that this is going to cost me alot of money, and when i have a free 1mb connection at the uni it self i wonder if its possible to download the files here save them and then install them on my computer at home this will save both time and save me one hell of alot of money as well??

I suggestions would be really appreciated i dont want to have to pay 6 or 7 pounds just for downloading a patch :(

C

Cush

get a better connection ^^

Downloading the patch will be a short time compared to spent in the game so having such a connection will cost a shit load of cash.

M

mbisiker

I know which is why my self and a number of other residents staying at the halls are so annoyed that we cant sign up for our own connections but is suppose its the people who the halls just want to screw us over for cash

A

Apathy

Moral of the story - don't go to shit universities.

Or go to one of the shit ones which have ethernet points in the rooms.

Or be rich and live out in a house with broadband.

a.

T

Tiwaz

If you still have your old computer around, you could copy the shrouded isles folder from that one to you new computer.

Delete all screenshots, zip the folder, and burn it to a CD (It should fit :) ). Then extract the stuff onto your new computer.

That way, you get a all your quickbars moved over as well :)

M

mbisiker

I think there are ethernet connections in the room but how can they be used to get a cheaper connection to the internet?

C

Cush

Originally posted by Apathy
Moral of the story - don't go to shit universities.

Or go to one of the shit ones which have ethernet points in the rooms.

Or be rich and live out in a house with broadband.

a.

Or live in sweden and get cheap 10+ mbit connections

A

Apathy

Originally posted by mbisiker
I think there are ethernet connections in the room but how can they be used to get a cheaper connection to the internet?

1) Turn off your computer.

2) Unplug it from the wall socket.

3) Lick your fingers.

4) Insert them into the wall socket.

5) Flick the switch.

It's for the best.

a.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Cush
Or live in sweden and get cheap 10+ mbit connections

or
1 Get your girlfriend to work for the ISP you subscribe to.

2 Then make sure she is in charge of the corporate 8mb SDSL lines...

3 Then be very very nice to her ;-)

I'm working on the 3rd part right now.
512k ADSL isn't enough.

givf 8mb up 8mb down in the home imo.

C

Cush

Id go for sweden anyday.

~300 skr (£23) for a 10mbit is welly nice imo

F

Flimgoblin

to answer the actual question...

you can patch on another machine then stick all the files on a CD (rar or zip em up)

just the C:/Mythic/Shrouded Isles
or C:/Mythic/Camelot directory
(the default installation - if you installed it somewhere else then use that obviously ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom