Downgrading houses?

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Is there any way i can downgrade my own house? I got the one which cost 800g per month, which is getting a bit much now when money is harder to farm and artis cost too much to keep at 100%. So i want to downgrade it to the smallest house (80g per month).

Is there anything i can do, or do i have to buy a new one and let my other fall apart? :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
Is there any way i can downgrade my own house? I got the one which cost 800g per month, which is getting a bit much now when money is harder to farm and artis cost too much to keep at 100%. So i want to downgrade it to the smallest house (80g per month).

Is there anything i can do, or do i have to buy a new one and let my other fall apart? :p

As far as I know.

Empty your house of all items (including garden)
buy a 1p cottage deed and drop that onto your house
buy a porch deed again and drop this on
Put your items back

but dont be expecting any money back you only get this for upgrading not downgrading.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
OK, sounds like an idea. What will happen to my two House Vaults/chest? I know the smallest house only have room for one House Vault, but do i need to clear them both out before removing them? Or can i get the items from the second Vault by the market in the center of each housing zone?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
OK, sounds like an idea. What will happen to my two House Vaults/chest? I know the smallest house only have room for one House Vault, but do i need to clear them both out before removing them? Or can i get the items from the second Vault by the market in the center of each housing zone?

humm not sure, id clear it just to be safe.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Tears said:
but dont be expecting any money back you only get this for upgrading not downgrading.

Indeed, if you upgrade the original deed will re-appear in your inventory and you can sell it again... Downgrading gives nada.... Was quiet a shock when I did it ages of thinking I'd get 9 plat out of it if I resold the house deed...

You don't have to empty vaults, you can actualy pick up the vault and drop it again and all the stuff should still be in there.

Nice way to get extra vaultspace in cheap houses... Fill up one vault, pick it up, dump it on your normal vault keeper for safe keeping. And just switch the vaults around.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Erulin said:
Nice way to get extra vaultspace in cheap houses... Fill up one vault, pick it up, dump it on your normal vault keeper for safe keeping. And just switch the vaults around.
That doesn't work. The items aren't physically in your vault, they are in a database which is accessed through the vault object. The game checks the vault ID which is based on the house hookpoint type and not the actual vault object. What this means, is that if you had two vaults and only one vault hookpoint, you'd only ever see the contents of house vault 1 regardless of which actual vault you placed on it. The contents of the other vault would only be available to you via the House Bankers in the housing market.

A house vault that isn't on a hookpoint is just an object that isn't linked to anything else and so selling it, trading it or storing it has no bearing on the items that were placed within it.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
why not try selling your plot to someone? - maybe for 3/4 plat, that way you could get yourself a new house on a new plot for nowt

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
becuase i like my spot! i've had it since Housing got to this game, don't wanna give it up that easerly! :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Bonehead said:
becuase i like my spot! i've had it since Housing got to this game, don't wanna give it up that easerly! :)
remember that you'll have a lot of costs on downgrading, however you don't get any pay back from your previous house, so you lose 10p on the house...

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
You can also pay your rents with bounty points.. anyways, you dont have to clear your vault\cm etc.. the items are stored in vault keepers in the market where your house is.. so it wont be removed or deleted or anything:)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if you downgrade your house your vault will also bug now and again and display as vault number 2, you just have to pick it up and put it back down again and it displays correctly as vault 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom