DOW Multiplayer problem.

Tilda

I connect to the net through a cable modem and a linksys router.
I can connect fine. I can play DOW multiplayer games using the direct connect option and putting in an IP.
When I click multiplayer over the internet, the following sequence occurs:

1) clicking "Online" opens a box saying "Please wait while we connect you to your online game"

2) after a few seconds the gamespy registration/login window appears. i can either put in a current password/username or click create new account and then enter a new or existing gamespy email address, username and password to create an account.

4) Whichever I do, when I click ok, I get a message basically saying "Trying to log in to the online lobby system"

However, after a few more seconds I get the message "The online lobby system has disconnected. There may be connection issues between you and the online lobby servers.

So hrm!

I have forwarded all the ports required by gamespy ( http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=63593)

According to this tester ( http://66.134.89.225/~sic/nettest.html ) my connection is fine.

I have tried disabling both firewalls, my antivirus, however get the same message.

I have checked to make sure there are no -dev bits in the shortcut.

I get the same problem using both DOW and WA clients.

I am using the most recent patch (1.51 iirc)

I have tried letting my computer auto-assign me an IP, and tried assigning it manually.

I have yet to try swapping out my router and trying a direct connection to the cable modem, I will try this next.

Any suggestions or ideas? Do I need to install some gamespy software?

Tilda

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's really strange Tilds. can it be you're somehow blocking the IRC ports? no, cos I saw you in #xatrix. have you taken the clients off and fully reinstalled?

Tilda

I havent done a reinstall yet, but I dunno if thats the problem as I can connect fine via IP. IRC is fine and theres no option in my antivirus in relation to 6667 or IRC.
Will try swapping out router and reinstalls now and see what happens.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you might have a quick look at what your router does to the IDENT tcp port (113 iirc). Mine returns a reset for opens to that port, but if you have the router just silently dropping packets you may have problems with certain apps.

Tilda

how do I look or check out what it does? :p

Tilda

So I tried swapping out the router and still no joy.
Will try a full reinstall now.

Tilda

Ok, well just before the full reinstall started, my eye caught the unobtrusive icon of peer guardian!
I had a poke around, closed firefox and email, cleared PG's log and started DOW. Sure enough a few blocked entrys popped up as for some reason Gamespy isn't much liked by PG :p So i've allowed them now, and think that my account is now being created :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Tilda, if you can get Winter Assault installed I'll give you a couple of games ;) Hamachi LAN for the win.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We are all playing WA DOW. IN Maelstrom most nights.

Tilda

Tonight, I can make.
Tennis is cancelled, I have to cook however, but should be around from 7 ish.
yay!

Tilda

So many plans changing!
Sorry about last night, in the end a friend wanted to see me and I havent seen her for ages so I thought ok.
Tonight should be ok, no friends plans, no tennis, just home and then can play :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I wont be there till 10ish, but no work tomorrow, so I'll play till late.

Wij, Teedles, be there!

And you Leggington!

Tilda

missed work today, am ready whenever, going to eat now.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just, got home, but have to head back to work overnight :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom