DOW:Dark Crusade!

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
i did it with space marines by just instantly sending out commander + honour guard to take out one base, building up an army at my base to defend and branch out to attack when its strong enough

the honour guard are seriously useful if you use them right

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Attack is the best form of defense, you need to be harrying the enemy's points, disrupting their capping.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
If you are quick enough u can take the choke points on each map, which allows u to build up your forces and take all the remaining CP, as long as you keep the choke points reinforced, then go in for the kill when you are ready, that tactic works best with the Imperial Guard as they are built for that kinda thing.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Well I completed it with the Space Marines, was quite fun taking the enemy base areas but soon got bored with "normal" fights. Insanely easy really - as soon as you start to get a few honor guard units anyway.

Not tried it online yet, will probably get my arse kicked :)

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
See what you mean about space marines, started a new campaign with them and it has been way easier than eldar. Wiped out 4 races without breaking a sweat. Gotta say I enjoy games a lot more when I'm winning.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
bit late reply but meh still on page 1 ;)

fired this game up again and started as imperial. man that super tank is nasty :)

you get that and you dont have to worry about a thing after :)

wiped necrons main base using that lol. just send that thing ahead and have the other smaller tanks as a backup while ur infantry is taking the leftovers :)

only thing that posed any sort of threat were those bloody orc transporter beasts whatever they are called. couple of them charging actually hurt that tank :/

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Really looking forward to Soulstorm which is coming out next year, it makes the mind boggle really as these expansion packs get better and better, what are relic going to do with DOW2 when they finally get around to bringing it out, im hoping for space battles as they are including aerial combat in Soulstorm, its the next logical step in the WH40K process or even the inclusion of Titans.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
or even the inclusion of Titans.

i really really really hope not. as those things are so absolutly massive, shrinking them down just to make them fit on the screen would surely take all the "cool" out of it.

sure they could always make all the other units smaler to but that would be even more silly.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i really really really hope not. as those things are so absolutly massive, shrinking them down just to make them fit on the screen would surely take all the "cool" out of it.

sure they could always make all the other units smaler to but that would be even more silly.

someone has already done the models and animation rigs for some of the small ones for a mod :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
someone has already done the models and animation rigs for some of the small ones for a mod :)

small titans? isnt that a contradiction(sp?) in itself? :)

no i really dont want Titans in any of the comming DOW games.

i like how they are now. "small" pieces scattered around on a select few maps that is either mission critical or just a nice add to ease preassure.

i mean. look at the size of the Titan cannon on the imperials home map. just that GUN takes up more or less the entire screen. how on earth are they going to be able to fit the entire titan on the screen without having to destroy the feeling of it's massivness?

Mabs

small titans? isnt that a contradiction(sp?) in itself? :)

no i really dont want Titans in any of the comming DOW games.

i like how they are now. "small" pieces scattered around on a select few maps that is either mission critical or just a nice add to ease preassure.

i mean. look at the size of the Titan cannon on the imperials home map. just that GUN takes up more or less the entire screen. how on earth are they going to be able to fit the entire titan on the screen without having to destroy the feeling of it's massivness?

they vary in size..

the one which has bits sticking out of the ground is this sort of scale
piccy

the ones they put in are more like this
piccy

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they vary in size..

the one which has bits sticking out of the ground is this sort of scale
piccy

the ones they put in are more like this
piccy

then they aint really titans are they? :) more like modified (and quite possibly hugely overpowered) hellfire dreadnoughts ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No they are still titans. Read more about the 40k universe.

Mabs

demo is out for "Soulstorm", the next addon. (well its for "subscribers only" on fileplanet, sure its elsewhere tho)

adds Sisters of battle and dark eldar and flying things, apparently

Mabs

demo has 2 lvls in it. one preset skirmish, one campaign type. in both you are forced to play dark eldar, the SoB appear in the intro movie but arent in the actual game bit :(

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
not a bad demo altho disapointed i cant look at the SoB yet but saying that dark eldar are fun to play a bit differnt shall wait for release :)

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Yeah i was a little disappointed there were no Sisters of Battle, especially when the intro movie is all about them, but i guess they have to keep something back to make us buy it.

Also disappointed there's gonna be no Tyranids in DoW...maybe in DoW2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom