Double client "/" command.

Maddius

One of Freddy's beloved
Was reading some "/" commands on the herald, sifting through them all I found this...

/clientsleep Changes made in 1.69 inadvertently caused players running two instances of DAOC to go linkdead or experience other problems. To address this and restore the original level of functionality, we have added a new "sleep mode" to the client, to allow it to run while using very low CPU usage when in the background or minimized. Setting it to "Background" will not render when the window is not the active window on your desktop, and setting it to "Minimized" will cause it to not render when the game is minimized. You can adjust your settings in the Options Menu or ingame using the "/clientsleep" command.

Think this if for an up and coming patch for us, sorry if it's old etc, I know it doesn't help much just wondering if there is any more information on it!

Chilly

Balls of steel
comign with NF, 1.70.

/clientsleep causes that window to not render allowing for the main window to have more resouces so as not to lag and LD etc..

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
so they are making it easier to run bots?
ahhaha...
too funny

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
u actually get the option in the 'options' bit from char select

minimised is good

basicly it stops ur bot going LD if ur running 2x clients, and also makes your main window run a lot faster than when u used to dual log before.

Basicly before, the window which was out of focus would get like 0 cpu time and thus after a while probably LD unless you keep going into it every now and then - because the client literally has no cpu time and thus does not send packets to the server etc so u get a red latency, and if u got red latency for more than 30 sec u LD.

Now though this setting allows you to sleep that client, it keeps the character connected, while using 0 cpu time - monitoring my out going packets it infact seems to stop sending packets to the server, however i think it must send something to the server that says kinda like 'im in sleep mode, dont ld me' :p

Anyhow it's really handy for people who use bots without 2 computers like me

Quality

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
Anyhow it's really handy for people who use bots without 2 computers like me

Totally agree !
and enough wines about BB´s, buy another account PL a bb and stfu :) :cheers:

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
the annoying part ... we gotta w8 for nf to run 2 accs :S mythic give 1.69sleepclient patch :s :p

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
the annoying part ... we gotta w8 for nf to run 2 accs :S mythic give 1.69sleepclient patch :s :p

What ya mean? Kazillion ppl including me run 2 with 1..

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
dimerian said:
What ya mean? Kazillion ppl including me run 2 with 1..
It is because pple who are not using P4 Hyperthreading cpu or Dual channel ram got a big problem with the 1.69 patch ... the individuel "window" take to much cpu power ... i dont know what mythic did but ... they made the computer focus 100% on 1 client .. but litterly it depends on comp type.. i got a p4 2.8 ghz , 1024 pc3200 ram, radeon pro 9700 .. and i cant run 2 acc...

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
P4 3.0 ghz(hyperthreading), 1 gig ram, ATI radeon 9600xt

I can run 2 accounts + a movie at the same time without much trouble other than less fps.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Just get a second computer and a large desk to have both monitors on, like me =P
actually a small tv fits on the desk as well lol.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
zx^ said:
It is because pple who are not using P4 Hyperthreading cpu or Dual channel ram got a big problem with the 1.69 patch ... the individuel "window" take to much cpu power ... i dont know what mythic did but ... they made the computer focus 100% on 1 client .. but litterly it depends on comp type.. i got a p4 2.8 ghz , 1024 pc3200 ram, radeon pro 9700 .. and i cant run 2 acc...

I got more or less the same computer setup as u except i only got 512 ram, same problem with me tho, cant run 2 accounts on one computer.
(the other computer is just half as good or how to say so i havent bothered trying running a second account there, no reason for me anyway)

zx^

One of Freddy's beloved
Maoni said:
I got more or less the same computer setup as u except i only got 512 ram, same problem with me tho, cant run 2 accounts on one computer.
(the other computer is just half as good or how to say so i havent bothered trying running a second account there, no reason for me anyway)

i talked to Goa support crew and at first i got some suggestions .. Update all drivers etc .. when i had done that and tryed the 2 acc again .. then it failed again .. i tryed it all ,, dual logging , Ctrl alt del put CPU on Below normal etc.. at last i said to mythic that nothing helped .. then they gave me the elite answer... btw We dont support 2 acc so cant help you try go to FH forum Technical support .. which said Exactly the same as goa tolded me .. so someone got owned :kissit: it shouldnt be that hard to apply the patch as i recon a patch which provide the sleepclient mode ... but goa = french = well.... :eek:
but atleast it "Should" work in nf .... should i like that word .....

btw Maoni .. u got 2 comps and wanna run 2 accs on 1 comp :D if u got that much money so u need 3-4 acc, then prolly buy another comp m8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom