DOT calculations HELP!

M

mawina_HB

How is DOT handled on slower/faster weapons:

Assume I have to wapons with same DOT proc but different speed. Weapon A speed 3 weapon B speed 4.

How is the fact that the slower weapon hit less frequently taken into the actual average DOT damage over time.

a) Its not. It procs less often thus a lower average DOT damage over time.

b) It procs more often than the standard 10 %. So much that it compensates for the above difference. Hence DOT over time on average is the same.

c) The proc frequency is still 10% however the damage on the ticks are higher. Giving you less frequent DOTs but at more damage, yielding the same DOT average over time for the two weapons.

Did any1 test this?

Mawina

S

Silenzio

the damage variance that, comes on dot is affected only by resist... (and lvl ov poison if not proc)

% ov proc is fixed

dualwileding the spd ov the weapon is the average ov the 2
not the slowest and the fastest seprate...

F

Fagane

The weapon speed is calculated in the chance to proc. A slow weapon will proc more often then a fast weapon.

Still some advantages can be gained here I am informed. WP effects the chance to proc, also qui/speed buffs increase your weapon swing speed, but do not decrease the chance of a weapon to proc.

Fagane

M

mawina_HB

Fangane if I understand U correct your answer is (B. What weapon speed gives the 10% then?

Maw

M

MesS°

This has been up since 8:00 this morning and still no sign of Pin... Does anyone know if he is sick or summit?

:p

F

Fagane

Originally posted by mawina_HB
Fangane if I understand U correct your answer is (B. What weapon speed gives the 10% then?

Maw

To be honest I am not sure what weapon gives the 10% chance, just that all weapons got an equal chance to proc based over time. I am not very good at searching the patch notes, but seen a link on vnboards a few times to a patch explaining it, and grab-bag did go into detail to about it.

Fagane

B

Belomar

Originally posted by MesS°
This has been up since 8:00 this morning and still no sign of Pin... Does anyone know if he is sick or summit?
Might be he had to stay up late to get the last for RR5 on his sorc, Mess. ;)

O

old.Ramas

Grab bag says its a flat rate per swing.

The rate is fixed by item in case of drops, and by individual tincture in the case of crafted items.

I imagine you will find that on dev designed items, swing speed is considered when setting chance-to-proc.

EDIT: Oh, and when it does fire, it works like a spell, so speed does not affect damage done on any individual occaision that the proc fires either.

A

Arnor

*puts on robe and starts chanting*

Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...
Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...
Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...
Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...
Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...
Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...Pin...

F

Flimgoblin

The chance for the proc to fire is lower the faster the weapon - given two weapons with the same proc but different speed you should get the same number of procs over a long period of time - say 2 hours of constant fighting :) you should have very similar numbers of procs fired. Randomness is a factor so small samples sizes will be different.

reactives are different - faster weapons will trigger more reactives than slow ones (nerf!)

R

rure_

Originally posted by Pin
I know the answers... but you'll have to wait :p

I bet it has something to do with how much your weapon deals out every punch. In raw damage that is, ie. attributes and damage tables not calculated in the formula?

Which basically means that slower procc more often per hit, but procc as often as faster weapons over time?

P

Pin

Finished lunch :)

Anyways. It's basically b).

Proc rates are based on weapon-speed. Faster weapon will hit fewer times on average in a given number of hits.
Additionally, 2-handed weapons have 10% bonus to chance-to-proc, in keeping with the 2h damage modifier.

To my knowledge, there is no difference between proc rates of different procs. Crafted or dropped all proc at the same rate (assuming they are on the same weapon-type and speed).

T

Thamiles

wont qual of procs affect chance to proc?

My dragon gun seems to proc more often that 99% one with 97% proc.

Same with my sidi guns on merc and mincer.

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by Thamiles

Are you related to gun-ner? ;)

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by Thamiles

/agree

Don't seem to be able to get my lower qua weapons to proc very much at all. Might be my imagination though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom