Doom3

G

Is it just me or does Doom 3 look exactly like Resident Evil for the playstation.

Better graphics obviously but its the same.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
It's time for 3 questions!

a) Why do we need another Doom 3 thread?

b) What does the first Resident Evil have in common with Doom 3? There's an 8 year difference. :/

c) Are you drunk?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im actually beginning to think you deliberately post in the wrong place just to antagonise people, and I didnt think that before.
very odd.

G

FUCK YOU KNOBHEAD

its just a question ffs, i noticed some similarity between the 2 games, just becasue there is an 8 year gap between them doesnt mean that there could never be any likeness.

i post where tf i like tbh, if its in the wrong place then I AM SORRY, take your pedant attitude out on someone who gives a fuck.

Cyfr

Banned
They need to put more prozac into the water supply methinks.

oPless

Loyal Freddie
Whoa, easy tiger!

Doom3 is crap anyhow ... why bother with it ;-)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
oPless said:
Whoa, easy tiger!

Doom3 is crap anyhow ... why bother with it ;-)
Damn right!

*Goes to hide before a stampede of wild-eyed raving fanboys arrives* :p

G

i have been hormonal for 3 months since jakes been poorly again, tbh i post on here for a bit of light relief but keep getting shot down in flames by wankers, i hardly ever chat on irc anymore for the same reasons, maybe i am best of out of the whole situation, but that would mean the pedants have won, so thats prolly not gunna happen

Yours

angry from leeds

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Everything looks like resident evil to me.

And yes, oPless should be boxed up ASAP.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I fail to see how you can compare a well lit mansion with metallic corridors and Hell.

In the dark.

On Mars.

Honestly though, which bits look like RE?

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Well, there's zombies, and.... that's....about it.

Aside from the slight issue that the RE zombies eat your face while the Doom 3 zombies just bitch-slap you.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
While playing, I was actually reminded of Resident Evil. Don't forget, there was a lab under the mansion.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
brooky said:
FUCK YOU KNOBHEAD

/blah blah/

i post where tf i like tbh, if its in the wrong place then I AM SORRY, take your pedant attitude out on someone who gives a fuck.

you're first sentence followed by your last sentence are somewhat at odds. Looks to me like you care rather a lot?
Yet you still do it ... hmmm, you come on here for "light relief" you say, perhaps to you light relief is arguing with people ? Takes all sorts i suppose ;)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
brooky said:
i have been hormonal for 3 months since jakes been poorly again, tbh i post on here for a bit of light relief but keep getting shot down in flames by wankers, i hardly ever chat on irc anymore for the same reasons, maybe i am best of out of the whole situation, but that would mean the pedants have won, so thats prolly not gunna happen
Yeah it's crap, but it just seems to be the way the internet works. As shown by this cartoon:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-3-19&res=h

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
shitcock!!!!1 :)

Brooky, if I were to offer you one bit of advice, it would be to chill and not take things so personally. If someone gets on your case then ignore them, or better, argue with them rationally to the best of your ability. Just don't rise to the bait and get angry. This is the internet, the place where people can put anything into words and direct it at you in the name of a grudge, being childish, being themselves or being their wacky online persona.

Here on the internet I can safely tell you that I infiltrated your house and had hot rampant sex with your pet cat. I can post disgusting pictures cunningly photoshopped to a likeness of the gnome who guards the pond in your garden. I can twist your words, my words, and quote you so far out of context I'd have fallen off the edge of the world (if it wasn't round) just to make you look silly and raise a laugh.

Now, posting stuff in the "wrong" place is generally frowned apon (why am I getting deja-vu here?) and I'm sure you'll have noticed that nearly everyone gets more or less the same treatment. Tech stuff goes in the tech forums etc. etc. As to Doom3, there are a number of threads going atm and your comment could have been added to any one of those with no harm at all. Myself, I don't particularly care that you chose to make a new thread -imo it would have been better suited to the FPS forum, but that doesn't matter. Just sit back, relax and watch things happen. If someone trolls, disses, posts shite or just happens to answer your post seriously (shock!) do what you feel you should, but remember that there's no point in seriously responding to someone who's blatently taking the piss.

If you feel wronged, there are tools provided to have a moderator look in to the issue. That, amongst other things, is what they're lurking about the forum for. Pull someone's leg in return, play about. If you judge incorrectly, people will bark at you, or ignore you, or call down a moderator's wrath apon you. It is accepted behaviour in this interweb of ours, because it's the only way to get along in a place where everyone has free reign.

Ah well, I've lost my plot a bit. Do what you must.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
TBH the best solution I've found is to just not post/chat/etc. Which is pretty much what brooky has alrteady discovered. It's a bit of a shame that things are the way they are, but unless there's more personal accountability on the net I doubt that will happen.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thats not true Danya. The best thing to do, if you want to post of course, is to post in the right place.
The best thing to do in life in general, is to get on with the people around you.
When Brooky last did some odd posting I defended him ,and then had it pointed out to me that he was always doing this stuff.
Hence my remarks earlier ?
So his answer, instead of a doing like a lot of people would do, as TDC says above, saying summat like "oops i fucked up" or making a joke of it, is to say quote FUCK YOU KNOBHEAD unquote , something I feel fairly sure he wouldnt say to my face anyway.
And so his own hole is already dug, know what I mean ?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You're right!
That 3rd person survival horror must have obviously spawned the 1st person shooter. They're so similar! No, they both have dark areas and scary enemies. OH NOES!!!!111

Plus, you state you also get all this "personal abuse" (fucking lol) on IRC as well as here. Maybe it's your attitude that needs changing to prevent it, not the world's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom