Doom 3

O

old.Xarr

Got my dirty little hands on the leaked ALPHA today. I know, I know. You're not supposed to support this crap and blah-blah. Don't get me wrong, I love id Software and all their games. Sadly I am only mortal and just couldn't help myself. So I booted this baby up and gave it a shot...

GOD DAMN it gave me a good scare a couple of times there. DOOM has now changed it's suit and is HORROR all the way. Thank god I'm not epileptic or have a bad heart because if I had either I would have died for sure. It's so gritty and beautiful... The id gang combined with Trent Reznor is gonna blow us away with this one.

S

SilverHood

was Doom anything other than a horror? ever?

O

old.Xarr

the first DOOM was abit horror-ish, but i felt that it kept slipping to a more action genre as the sequel came. This is all HORRROR :D

S

SFXman

Cool, although no point in me even trying to get it since if I do my computer will choke, keel over and die. No heimlich manouver will save it.

S

Sharma

SWEET i want doom 3, im lookin forward to fragging some monster ass on it

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

You are going to be Bubba's arse bitch now, Xarr... hope you realize that.

Do software pirates wear eyepatches?

O

old.Arnor

To say that Doom3 runs smooth on my Athlon xp 1500, geforce 3 super-ultra deluxe 256 ram, is kinda like saying that Boy George is a bit gay, its not technically lying...Oh wait, it is ^^

G

Gekul

hmm, each new game reminds me how shite my computer is :(

It used to be good... :(

Doom 3 looks great though.

O

old.Mousah

god damn! i need a new pc/gfx card for this game, gf2 doesnt cut it.-.--....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Xarr
not this, soon-to-be-raped, pirate :D

Ohhh yes!:D
Time to get a good lubricant, Xarr...

*cackles*

O

old.tRoG

_284219_bill_gates_flag300.jpg

Bill Gates pitying the poor software pirates as he unleashes his weapon of ultimate terror upon the users of KaZaA and other nefarious programs.

TEH BLU3 SCR33N OF D34TH!!!11

[EDIT: Or maybe he's thinking, "Oh bejesus! I just shat myself!"]

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Someone give poor tr0g a custom title so we can be saved from his pictar plague.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Someone give poor tr0g a custom title so we can be saved from his pictar plague.

At least he is using slow Graffiti.net... so if it takes 5 minutes to load half a tr0G funneh pictar, just switch to something more interesting.

I AER FLAMING TW=G!!1 :)
Still wubs you, my scottish stud. :fluffle:

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson

GIMME CUSTOM TITEL!!!!! :D

ya dont need to if ya dont want to......

B

Belsameth

just played the alpha version a bit as well. looks SO sweet. and is downright scary again as well. tho it wasn't too playable I did get a taste of the atmosphere...and a pair of clean pants :D

O

old.Xarr

Yup, DOOM3 is gonna make the previous DOOM games look like Super Mario or something ^^

O

old.Tohtori

But Doom 3 won't have one thing that the old ones had...

TONS OF TEH MUNSTARS!!

Yup, the old "TONS OF TEH MUNSTARS!!" was a fun thing. When you were walking around, klopming a few monsters and then suddenly open a door to a room that had...yup...you guessed it..."TONS OF TEH MUNSTARS!!"

O

old.Xarr

rofl true :)

i remember those rooms with "TONS OF TEH MUNSTARS!!" where would empty your double barreled shotgun into. again and again and again.

well we can only hope :D

B

Belsameth

we got Serious Sam for that now.
it gave a whole new definition to "TONS OF TEH MUNSTARS"
besides being poo, ofcourse :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

If Doom III is anything like Resident Evil (atmosphere wise), I will get it:)
.... along with a new computar *sniffle*

But hey, I run the new UT on a PIII/700 with a gforce2 on 800x600 with full details. Lagfree.

HUR! Go me!

B

Belsameth

there's anything left of the detail besides moving blocks as well? ;)

besides that, I think the admosphere is far more frightning then the limited experience I had with Resident Evil.
the few steps I took in Doom left me nearly as afraid as I was when playing System Shock 2. and that's saying something :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Resident Evil had a certain 'feel' to it.. *sighs and thinks about the good, old times*

Love part III - still play it from time to time. :D

I am, for some twisted reason, a fan of undead in games.
My favorite armies contain a whole lot of bleached bone... even my Bloodbowl team was undead, even that they sucked arse (except for my mummies, HUR!).

'The Rotten Flesh Bastards'... *sighs again*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom